ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Nordin

Time for James to head on up there again this week then. Big Boy recruiting, you fight to the end, and on signing day, that's when you count it.

Reactions: RS54
He is 4-1, with a very good football team, that is loaded with upper classman talent, and a senior based offensive line. This is exactly where he should be.

Reactions: bjf1984
If JF loses all of these kids that are apparently looking elsewhere, it says more about him than it says about us.

We are about to find out if JF can really hang with the big boys, or if he's all talk. We may as well find out now, rather than later.

He kicked a 51 yard field goal this season. I would be surprised if he isn't our kicker next year.

If JF loses all of these kids that are apparently looking elsewhere, it says more about him than it says about us.

We are about to find out if JF can really hang with the big boys, or if he's all talk. We may as well find out now, rather than later.

Would you prefer he did not recruit vs the big boys like Joe? JF has already proven he can recruit with anyone!

Is there such a thing as a four star kicker?

I thought I read somewhere that kickers have a different star rating and a 3 star kicker is like a 5 star every down player. I might be wrong tho. It wouldn't be the first time.

Why do we need a punter? My boy Pasquerello had a 55 yarder yesterday. Of course it had the hang time of a bladed 8 iron...but 55 yds is still 55 yds. I almost choked on a nacho when I heard the announcer say 55 yds!

Reactions: LHavenlion
I will offer this: Harbaugh will get mentioned for NFL head coaching positions starting in Jan if not sooner. Like BOB going to the NFL it will be used as a recruiting negative by other coaches. Think Urbie won't be whispering it the ear of all those five/four star kids. Hope CJF uses it as well. What goes around...etc. etc.

Would you prefer he did not recruit vs the big boys like Joe? JF has already proven he can recruit with anyone!
yeah Joe never recruited won 409 games with retreads. Sean Lee, Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchell, Jack Ham, Matt Bahr, Matt Millen, Mike Hartenstine, Shane Conlan, Sam Gash, Kerry Collins, Kim Herring, Brandon Short, Joe Jurivicious, Kareem McKenzie, Kyle Brady, Jay Alford, Paul Pozluzny, Allen Robinson, AQ Shipley, Cameron Wake, Nate Stupar, Glen Carson,DeQuan Jones, Tamba Hali, Mickey Shuler, Navorro Bowman, Mike Mauti, Robbie Gould, OJ McDuffey, Mike Munchak, Dennis Onkotz, Jared Odrick, Charlie Pittman, Mike Reid, Michael Robinson, Matt Suhey,Kurt Warner, Larry Johnson, 3 Wisniewskis, Mike Zordich, Kurt Allerman, Richie Anderson, LaVar Arrington, Greg Buttle, Jack Crawford, D.J. Dozier, Bobby Engram, Kenny Jackson, Jimmy Kennedy,Rich Milot..........................no Joe couldn't recruit, LOL

yeah Joe never recruited won 409 games with retreads. Sean Lee, Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchell, Jack Ham, Matt Bahr, Matt Millen, Mike Hartenstine, Shane Conlan, Sam Gash, Kerry Collins, Kim Herring, Brandon Short, Joe Jurivicious, Kareem McKenzie, Kyle Brady, Jay Alford, Paul Pozluzny, Allen Robinson, AQ Shipley, Cameron Wake, Nate Stupar, Glen Carson,DeQuan Jones, Tamba Hali, Mickey Shuler, Navorro Bowman, Mike Mauti, Robbie Gould, OJ McDuffey, Mike Munchak, Dennis Onkotz, Jared Odrick, Charlie Pittman, Mike Reid, Michael Robinson, Matt Suhey,Kurt Warner, Larry Johnson, 3 Wisniewskis, Mike Zordich, Kurt Allerman, Richie Anderson, LaVar Arrington, Greg Buttle, Jack Crawford, D.J. Dozier, Bobby Engram, Kenny Jackson, Jimmy Kennedy,Rich Milot..........................no Joe couldn't recruit, LOL

I think Joe's last 10 years, PSU averaged about #28 Rivals ranking. Far below where PSU should be. He was not able to put in the effort he needed to. Also, did an extremely poor job landing the top PA prospects.

I think Joe's last 10 years, PSU averaged about #28 Rivals ranking. Far below where PSU should be. He was not able to put in the effort he needed to. Also, did an extremely poor job landing the top PA prospects.
So Rival Ratings, run by writers, is the gospel in determining HS players football skills. But JVP who put 103 players in the super bowl didn't know his ass form a hole in the ground.

So Rival Ratings, run by writers, is the gospel in determining HS players football skills. But JVP who put 103 players in the super bowl didn't know his ass form a hole in the ground.
I think his point was the last 10 years. No debate that there was a decline in recruiting. PSU had #1 classes prior to 2000 and at one time had the most players in the NFL.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
My dispute centers around people selling recruiting as opposed to experts (coaches) determining the talent that fits their system. It is utter stupidity to think someone who runs a recruiting service knows more than a successful college coach. Joe had 18 players on his final roster that either got a look or are currently in the NFL. Actually there were 32 of his former players in camps as of August of this year. He correctly did not want certain individuals 5 stars be damned. Signing 5 stars didn't work out too well for Mack Brown did it? I think Joe had an idea how to put a team together. Recruiting kids who are already stars leads to the New York Yankees of the early 90's. Who recruited Carl Nassib and how many stars did he have?By the way the 103 number in Super Bowls ranks second only to Miami and USC.
Joe had great disdain for the star recruiting system and rightfully so. Would you like plumbers to rate brain surgeons?

Reactions: Ski
Couldn't make at-home visits those last few years, but certainly could make those Nike junkets and yuck it up with his "friend" Bobby Bowden.

My dispute centers around people selling recruiting as opposed to experts (coaches) determining the talent that fits their system. It is utter stupidity to think someone who runs a recruiting service knows more than a successful college coach. Joe had 18 players on his final roster that either got a look or are currently in the NFL. Actually there were 32 of his former players in camps as of August of this year. He correctly did not want certain individuals 5 stars be damned. Signing 5 stars didn't work out too well for Mack Brown did it? I think Joe had an idea how to put a team together. Recruiting kids who are already stars leads to the New York Yankees of the early 90's. Who recruited Carl Nassib and how many stars did he have?By the way the 103 number in Super Bowls ranks second only to Miami and USC.
Joe had great disdain for the star recruiting system and rightfully so. Would you like plumbers to rate brain surgeons?

I don't think anyone recruited Nassib. He was a walk on who didn't start in high school.

Anyone thinking PSU recruiting was great in Joe's last decade is in denial. He visited 3 recruits in his last decade. He didn't embrace social media either. This idea a few have that you can't criticize anything Joe is a joke. Great man who was human too after all.

Exactly. Hall and Anderson didn't do much recruiting either.

Jay wasn't a good recruiter. Vandy was far from a good salesman, although the results speak for themselves.

You basically had 3 guys (McQueary, Bradley, LJ) doing all of the recruiting.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT