ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Game Thoughts......................

If I'm N. Lion and I just beat Iowa farm kids on their own farm...
I'm def looking to take down Bama in NC.
No?

I know things like playoffs, Big Ten Championships and Bowl wins are just "wet dreams" for high inferiority complex, low information,Iowans....

I wouldn't call Iowa lucky to keep PSU out of the end zone. Short yardage has been a problem for PSU.

Overruling Haley's INT was the correct call. I didn't think so until I saw the last video angle.

I agree that PI call on Campbell was wrong but he got away with a hold later on.

Trace's fumble was the correct call IMO. The arm has to be going forward (it was) with 100% control (it wasn't). I agree that it deserved to be reviewed.

Yes, it was lucky that PSU did not get into the end zone more within the game. It was not all on the short yardage, as PSU's offense the last 2 years has routinely scored within chunk plays. And with almost 600 yards of offense it is unusual for none of the chunk plays to result in TD's.

Don't believe you are a rules expert, but you are entitled to your OPINION.....

Even the last angle of the INT did not show the ball hit the ground. Just the fact that the ball bounced does not mean it necessarily hit the ground. If hands are between the ball and the ground, which no view shown disputed with clarity, it was an INT. And since the original call was for a good INT I believe, my opinion, that the call on the field should not have been overturned. But I would not expect the B10 to have further comment on the ruling.

Just because a defender knocked the ball sideways does not necessarily mean that Trace did not have a firm grip on the ball. I saw no evidence that the ball was not firm in his hand as when the ball got knocked sideways his hand also went with the ball. There again, the original call was a fumble, so I don't believe it was out of line Trace to not overturn the fumble call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT