ADVERTISEMENT

Quick analysis of Army game and rest of season outlook!

Jerademan74

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Easy to summarize:

Fact 1: Our offense plays 100% better when Barkley is in backfield.
Solution 1: When Barkley returns, our Offense will be much better.

Fact 2: When Hack throws vertically, especially on first and second downs, he usually connects with great results.
Solution 2: Do this more often, especially as long as it takes for Barkley to recuperate!

Fact 3: We didn't handle the wishbone (triple option) attack consistently well.
Solution 3: We don't play anymore teams this season who run that offense.

Fact 4: We won yesterday!
Solution 4: Keep winning, good bad or ugly! Some pretty good teams lost to teams they were supposed to beat. We won, remember?

Reactions: PSU1991
Easy to summarize:

Fact 2: When Hack throws vertically, especially on first and second downs, he usually connects with great results.
Solution 2: Do this more often, especially as long as it takes for Barkley to recuperate!

Solution 4: Keep winning, good bad or ugly! Some pretty good teams lost to teams they were supposed to beat. We won, remember?
This is an awful team, period.

Easy to summarize:

Fact 1: We certainly need Barkley but true freshman are not typically ready to carry the ball 30 times. We're going to miss Lynch. Hope he can return soon.

Fact 2: I agree that we need to throw vertically, not just horizontally. Include the TEs too. Two short runs between the tackles puts a lot of pressure on Hack & the OL on 3rd down.

Fact 3: I've been really impressed with Reeder & Reid but both struggled yesterday. I think things would have been a lot better if Bell was able to play.

Fact 4: The Indiana game is huge. After that we play OSU, MD, ILL, NW, UM, & MSU. We lost to all 6 of those teams last year and we'll be underdogs in at least 4 of those games this year.

Fact 1: We certainly need Barkley but true freshman are not typically ready to carry the ball 30 times. We're going to miss Lynch. Hope he can return soon.

Fact 2: I agree that we need to throw vertically, not just horizontally. Include the TEs too. Two short runs between the tackles puts a lot of pressure on Hack & the OL on 3rd down.

Fact 3: I've been really impressed with Reeder & Reid but both struggled yesterday. I think things would have been a lot better if Bell was able to play.

Fact 4: The Indiana game is huge. After that we play OSU, MD, ILL, NW, UM, & MSU. We lost to all 6 of those teams last year and we'll be underdogs in at least 4 of those games this year.

There's a good possibility of Losing all 7 Games to.

Easy to summarize:

Offense will be better, but much better? I don't know. It will take alot more then 1 guy to make this team better IMO. You need a guy to call the right plays, a QB to make the right decision, and Receivers that can run routes and catch.

Offense will be better, but much better? I don't know. It will take alot more then 1 guy to make this team better IMO. You need a guy to call the right plays, a QB to make the right decision, and Receivers that can run routes and catch.
One thing that I can't get past is the tempo. It takes forever to snap the ball. It takes forever to get rid of the ball. It takes forever to get lined up. This kid was running the NASCAR offense as a freshmen. Let's pick it up!

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe our receivers can't find spacing on their route cuts. Is this a factor of talent or coaching? I think Geno Lewis is best at getting spacing, but he doesn't do a great job of catching the ball, so Hack looks elsewhere. Geno is capable of making the catch, but he often gets mental blocks in critical situations!

Last edited:
Barkley is the only thing that salvages a better than 6-6 record
Only a freshman but he is the real deal IMO

ADVERTISEMENT