ADVERTISEMENT

Questions on registering a 10 ft pontoon with trolling motor in Pa.

SEPATOPTEN

Aug 21, 2010
I am looking to purchase a 10 foot Aquos pontoon fishing boat with a 55 lb trolling motor. I am buying this from a Manufacturer and I want to know if I initially will have to pay 8 percent of the purchase price when registering it. Can anybody tell me what all the fees will be to title and register it the first time? Thanks.

I am looking to purchase a 10 foot Aquos pontoon fishing boat with a 55 lb trolling motor. I am buying this from a Manufacturer and I want to know if I initially will have to pay 8 percent of the purchase price when registering it. Can anybody tell me what all the fees will be to title and register it the first time? Thanks.
What is the 8% you are referring to above? Where do you live?

If you are buying g from an instate dealer/sales rep they should know all the answers. Even the factory rep should know what the fees and costs are in each state. They should have a data base for that. Tell you want to see the final out the door cost including fees, registration, taxes and everything else. And in writing.

Agreed. Don't forget to bring the title. Years ago we misplaced a canoe title and it was torture going through the manufacturer and state
I believe the manufacturer will provide a certificate of origin which is to be used to title the vessel.

Yep. And when we lost ours because we were certain we'd never need it I was f-ed! Coleman had sold the boat division to some Canadian company who eventually were able to get me a replacement title when my bride pulled up our Costco receipt from 6 years earlier. Keep that in your lock box w your titles for your cars etc. Probably a 10 hours of frustration which all started w me! Enjoy!

Reactions: SEPATOPTEN
ADVERTISEMENT