ADVERTISEMENT

Questions on Meek Mill...

As a white person that has spent time at ACJ (no I'm not proud of it) let me tell you guys what should be obvious. If you have a few grams on you (I had cocaine and marijuana), and a bunch of cash (around $1500), the police are taking you to jail. They don't care what color you are. If you want to stay out of jail, it is easy to not violate terms of your probation. Don't smoke weed, drink, do other drugs, or generally act like an asshole. Also, if you are caught violating your probation, you're going to jail. The probation officer doesn't care what color you are.
I always think that anyone that has been in jail, and thinks it's not so bad that it didn't change their life, might as well just stay there.
This man is accurate. Listen to him, he is 100% telling the truth.

Eric Wright, also an excellent rapper. From the way back club, don't forget guys like Big Daddy Kane, and Ice-T also.

The funny thing is Eazy E was sort of forced into the spotlight - he wasn't a natural and for the most part, his stuff was written by Ice Cube. But, he was charismatic and had a cool delivery. Big Daddy Kane, Kool Mo Dee, Eric B and Rakim, Kwame, EPMD, A Tribe Called Quest, Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh, Beastie Boys - had all of that stuff. But, NWA changed everything, forever.

The funny thing is Eazy E was sort of forced into the spotlight - he wasn't a natural and for the most part, his stuff was written by Ice Cube. But, he was charismatic and had a cool delivery. Big Daddy Kane, Kool Mo Dee, Eric B and Rakim, Kwame, EPMD, A Tribe Called Quest, Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh, Beastie Boys - had all of that stuff. But, NWA changed everything, forever.
As good as NWA was, for me, the greatest rap album ever was Ice Cube's "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted". Seamless, one track melting into the next. Had it all. Political commentary, rhyme, beat, flow, story line, sense of humor, serious tracks. Everything. The only other one I think in it's class was the cd by Public Enemy in the late 80's. "It takes a nation of millions to hold us down".

The first NWA cd is incredible, and the first Ice Cube solo cd was fantastic also.
Yeah there is some "newer" stuff I like too including some Eminem. I know I'm old, but raps about nothing but niggas, shorties, sucking and f@ckin will never come across as musical masterpieces. The early rappers could tell a story without all that crap.

Reactions: Gnat91
As good as NWA was, for me, the greatest rap album ever was Ice Cube's "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted". Seamless, one track melting into the next. Had it all. Political commentary, rhyme, beat, flow, story line, sense of humor, serious tracks. Everything. The only other one I think in it's class was the cd by Public Enemy in the late 80's. "It takes a nation of millions to hold us down".

Man, the NWA break-up was like the Beatles for me when I was in high school. IIRC, Cube left first and NWA came out with the 100 Miles and Running dis track. It was like choosing between two of your favorite friends LOL. But yeah, Cube was the writing force for NWA so the writing was on the wall when he left. Dre had the production skills and would be fine, and Yella and the DOC were never major contributors. So, Eazy sort of got left out in the cold and man did he get clowned on by Dre and others. I really remember getting Death Certificate for Christmas one year and playing the sh*t out of it. I lived on a military base in Japan, and they really checked ID for explicit records. My mom would buy them for me anyway since I was a 'good kid' but yeah, couldn't listen to that stuff (or 2 Live Crew) with her around....:). I also remember DJ Quik being one of the next big acts out of LA (and Eazy E signee to Ruthless Records) - loved his first album 'Quik is the Name'....

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
I don't believe it is unreasonable to believe that Meek's punishment from the probation violations, was unnecessarily harsh. At the same time, I don't have a great deal of knowledge of the system and how it functions for most people, under similar circumstances. This is simply questioning the final sentencing based on the violations, without judgement on racial profiling or racism in the court system or criminal punishment system.

to sort of address what is so wonky about this . . . I believe neither his PO nor the prosecutor recommended jail time for these violations. The judge then gave him 2-4 years. She seems like a piece of work as well. . .

concur with you on AMerikkks'a Most Wanted, though I prefer "Apocalypse 91" from Public Enemy. "Can't Truss It" is one of the best rap songs of the 90s

Admins: Why was my post deleted?

Because you disrespected The Queen Bey....

ML-AN-muscle.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT