ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for the board

Lionsburg

Mar 6, 2013
I'm considering making a trip up for the match against Buffalo in the 24th. I’ve been up for lots of football games but never a wrestling match. I come from a wrestling obsessed family so it’s a bucket list thing to make it to a penn state wrestling match and I happen to have that weekend off.

Looking for any advise for parking at rec hall, best seat locations and if it'll be a good atmosphere for a non top-tier opponent. It takes me a little over 3 hours to get up there so how long should I allow for getting inside and are there any pre-match events that are must sees?

I’ve seen after market tickets in the $50 range for that match. Good price or should I keep looking?

Thanks!!

Reactions: diggerpup
11 tickets available for Buffalo on ticketmaster, $30 to $80.
Park at the garage by the Nittany Lion Inn. 3 minute walk.
Never too mobbed at Rec hall, esp for Buffalo.

It will be a route so whether you consider that a good match or not is more a matter of taste...
Tickets I honestly think you might have success getting for less outside day of but of course you risk the drive up and not getting them.. the big thing is.. I think.. that is senior day so folks are going to want to see Nolf, Nickal etc....

Parking as above or across Atherton is available as well..

There really isn't a terrible seat in Rec although very low in the corners can get obstructed by the seats on the floor so I would look for something up a bit if the seats you are looking at are corner seats..

It will be Senior Day which is always special. Eating at Whisker’s or The Nittany Lion Inn Dining Room, right next door to Rec Hall, before the match is something to consider. Especially after a long drive.

Good brunch buffet at the Nittany Lion Inn. There will always be people with an extra ticket or two to sell. One or two scalpers there, too, but get tickets in advance. People tend to arrive early, so no hassle entering the venue.

Reactions: Tjsch1
You will be able to find a ticket outside Rec Hall for face value or less an hour before the dual.

This.

Park down on College or Beaver Ave for free & avoid the post-match garage traffic.

Or the Fraser St Garage (free on Sunday).

Walk up Burroughs.

Someone will have a ticket(s) outside the front entrance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT