ADVERTISEMENT

QUESTIONS ABOUT CARSON WENTZ.........

Mack_Daddy

Oct 7, 2001
I never knew this kid existed until the draft.

This kid played for North Dakota State.

1) Why? Was it merely to be close to home? Was he recruited by big 10 schools? Did he turn them down? Obviously, the kid is good. VERY good. How did he end up at North Dakota State and not Meeechigan or Wisconsin or Minnesota or Nebraksa?

2) What other NFL teams were going to pick him if the Eagles didn't? How high was he on other teams lists? Obviously, he was #1 on the Eagles list. But, who else had him #1 on their list?

3) How did this kid start as a rookie? What I mean, he never faced any team close to a defense like Alabama or FSU in college. Yet, he starts as a rookie against the best of the best (fastest) on the defense and excels. He came from North Dakota State. How is this possible?

4) Is he the best qb in year 2 since Dan Marino?

. 1 don't know
2. Many teams had Wentz rated high, some thought he could go no. 1 overall
3 eagles had no one else
4. They got a stud

1: I didn't know, so I broke out the 'ol Google.
https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/04/26/carson-wentz-jared-goff-recruiting-nfl-draft

2: Norm hit the nail on the head. That being said, I doubt we'll know where other teams had him on their big board because they don't share that info.

3: They saw an opportunity to recoup a 1st rounder, and knew that Wentz was the future so they decided to pull the trigger and start the "rebuilding". didn't expect it to go THIS well.

4: If I remember the game sunday night, they said that Wentz is having the best first 2 years of a career for a QB since marino and if i recall correctly one other QB? also, here's some stats from philadelphiaeagles.com

• Carson Wentz leads the NFL with a career-high 25 passing TDs, which are the most ever by an Eagles QB through 10 games. Since 1950, only four NFL QBs age 24-or-younger have thrown 25+ TDs through 10 games: Wentz, 24, in 2017 (25), Matthew Stafford, 23, in 2011 (25), Dan Marino, 23, in 1984 (29) and Bobby Layne, 24, in 1951 (25).
  • Wentz is just the fourth NFL QB (sixth instance overall) since 1950 to throw 25+ TDs and no more than 5 INTs through 10 games, joining Tom Brady in 2015 (25-4) and 2007 (38-4), Aaron Rodgers in 2014 (28-3) and 2011 (31-4) and Y.A. Tittle in 1963 (27-4).
  • Wentz is the third Eagles QB (fourth instance overall) since 1950 to throw multiple TDs in 6+ consecutive games, joining Donovan McNabb from 9/10/06-10/22/06 (7) and Sonny Jurgensen from 11/12/61-12/17/61 (6) and 12/11/60-10/15/61 (7).

North Dakota State is a great program at the FCS level. They only lost one game this year and are seeded second only to James Madison. They have won the National Division 1 NCAA FCS Title from 2011 to 2015 and have a record of 83-7 since 2010.

I never knew this kid existed until the draft.

This kid played for North Dakota State.

1) Why? Was it merely to be close to home? Was he recruited by big 10 schools? Did he turn them down? Obviously, the kid is good. VERY good. How did he end up at North Dakota State and not Meeechigan or Wisconsin or Minnesota or Nebraksa?

2) What other NFL teams were going to pick him if the Eagles didn't? How high was he on other teams lists? Obviously, he was #1 on the Eagles list. But, who else had him #1 on their list?

3) How did this kid start as a rookie? What I mean, he never faced any team close to a defense like Alabama or FSU in college. Yet, he starts as a rookie against the best of the best (fastest) on the defense and excels. He came from North Dakota State. How is this possible?

4) Is he the best qb in year 2 since Dan Marino?
I enjoyed watching this. You might too.

Reactions: Mack_Daddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT