ADVERTISEMENT

Question for those who are knowledgeable about the media companies

NittPicker

Jun 30, 2001
What does the recent ruling which allows AT&T to buy Time Warner mean exactly?? I see Comcast has now made an offer to outbid Disney for the right to buy Fox. So what's the deal?? It's hard for me to keep track of who owns what.

As far as I know Fox still has a controlling interest in the BTN. DirecTV offered BTN from day one and DirecTV was acquired by AT&T. So what if Disney grabs Fox?? Will Disney then control the BTN? What if Comcast seals the deal? Comcast controls NBC which airs home Notre Dame games. How will that marriage shake out?

With all the buyouts/mergers it's hard to keep score of who controls what and where it will all lead.

What does the recent ruling which allows AT&T to buy Time Warner mean exactly?? I see Comcast has now made an offer to outbid Disney for the right to buy Fox. So what's the deal?? It's hard for me to keep track of who owns what.

As far as I know Fox still has a controlling interest in the BTN. DirecTV offered BTN from day one and DirecTV was acquired by AT&T. So what if Disney grabs Fox?? Will Disney then control the BTN? What if Comcast seals the deal? Comcast controls NBC which airs home Notre Dame games. How will that marriage shake out?

With all the buyouts/mergers it's hard to keep score of who controls what and where it will all lead.

Both Comcast and Disney are only bidding on the same certain Fox assets. Those assets do not include the BTN.

Reactions: NittPicker
I woulda sworn I watched this movie once before...the one where AT&T buys a cable company.
I work for a small company. I was in a deal with a large prospect and their CEO asked "what is the difference between your company and xxx (the large company in this space)?" my CEO looked at him and said "we are innovators, they are consumers of innovators". Nailed it!

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT