ADVERTISEMENT

Question for those at the game

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
The atmosphere certainly looked electric on TV. How would you rate the crowd noise and fan enthusiasm during the game? Did it match up with some of the whiteouts of the past, against OSU in 2016 and Michigan in 2017 for example? What were your impressions?

Reactions: NedFromYork
Yep, think it was right up there with the best of them. Only critique I have is that there were quite a few auburn fans there, but I think that was to be expected with how unique of a game it was for them to travel to.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I didn’t think it was as loud as other years. Not that I can prove it.
I agree. Not as loud. I seem to remember they had the blue band on mic to boost their performance and that was missing

Agreed I have heard louder but when Nix was almost picked to end the game by Brisker it was pretty electric in there..

I'd put it right up there with those games, if behind, then right behind them. I was sitting near the field by the 20 about 30 minutes prior to the game (Sec. EJ about 3rd row), and just looking around thinking, 'this is incredible, this place is rocking'. Amazing thing was that it was that way about an hour prior after we walked in. The crowd was really great especially on big plays for the D when we needed to be loud. It was a really good game too, back and forth score, and a lot of big plays...

The atmosphere certainly looked electric on TV. How would you rate the crowd noise and fan enthusiasm during the game? Did it match up with some of the whiteouts of the past, against OSU in 2016 and Michigan in 2017 for example? What were your impressions?
I’ve been to three whiteouts.. this was by far the loudest from start to finish.,

There was no one play that really made the stadium explode and that probably made a difference. The scoop and score that was overturned came closest

Reactions: lazydave841
My son commented to me that early on he didn’t feel the energy and noise levels were as good as previous years. By mid-second quarter, he felt it was back to par.
On our drive home we talked about the shaking of the stadium - row 57 EJU - and how I had vibrations in my ears.
The Auburn fans that joined us for a burger and beers following the game didn’t say it was the loudest they had been in, but it was very loud and a great atmosphere.

OL

Reactions: CVLion
Not nearly as loud as previous ones. Having 15,000 opposing fans in the stadium will do that. Plus the slow start didn’t help. And no momentum on defense with them running for what seemed like 7 yards every play.

Reactions: MacNit07
I was surprised that it wasn't as consistently as loud as previous games. There were times where it reached those levels but some of the games against OSU were that volume on almost every defensive series. Overall a good night and probably great night for recruiting.

My late father and I were at OSU 2005. It reached 125 decibels. Last night, someone in the media said it reached 112 decibels. I sat in a club seat behind an Auburn fan and told him that I thought it was louder for OSU.

Reactions: HazletonLion
Yep, think it was right up there with the best of them. Only critique I have is that there were quite a few auburn fans there, but I think that was to be expected with how unique of a game it was for them to travel to.
Definitely a ton of Auburn fans. I think with TicketMaster owning the secondary ticket market now, it has opened things up. You don’t need connections through the ticketholders any more to buy a ticket.

I actually wonder three things:

1) Might White Outs when Game Day is not on campus be louder? In other words, do some fans use up energy at the Game Day set and "run out of gas" during the game?

2) Maybe the "ideal" kick time for a white out is 6 pm? If people are going hard all day, I wonder if there is less juice available by the second half?

3) I suspect OOC White Outs (unless it is ND) won't be as loud just because there isn't the same hatred there.

My late father and I were at OSU 2005. It reached 125 decibels. Last night, someone in the media said it reached 112 decibels. I sat in a club seat behind an Auburn fan and told him that I thought it was louder for OSU.
I have to agree my eardrums seems to waffle or whatever it does, and i worked in a factory environment all my life. Quite a lot of Auburn fans and the vile hatred as compared to OSU, Mich, ND wasn't there to spew screaming venom.

I actually wonder three things:

1) Might White Outs when Game Day is not on campus be louder? In other words, do some fans use up energy at the Game Day set and "run out of gas" during the game?

2) Maybe the "ideal" kick time for a white out is 6 pm? If people are going hard all day, I wonder if there is less juice available by the second half?

3) I suspect OOC White Outs (unless it is ND) won't be as loud just because there isn't the same hatred there.
The easier explanation is that there were fewer PSU fans in the stadium because Auburn had more fans there than we typically see at a home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT