Question for libs about pronouns

maypole

May 9, 2022
Hey, I know, when at a gathering, say the Beav, let's ask everyone what they want to be called before the game. God knows, we wouldn't want to offend anyone. We also need to know the 3 people that would be offended. Ffs.
When in a social setting, you call people by their names, unless they tell you otherwise. Just good manners, which I know you are not capable of, as your best friends are horsies and all.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
When in a social setting, you call people by their names, unless they tell you otherwise. Just good manners, which I know you are not capable of, as your best friends are horsies and all.
Zim, zir, LOL.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Horses never lie. They're far more honest than humans.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Fine, but that doesn't change what they actually are...that is the issue.
No, it does not. And I personally disfavor the use of anything but traditional male and female pronouns, but I see little reason to get all worked up over someone else seeking to use different pronouns. I find it a tad comical, to be honest. BOTH the use of pronouns like "they" AND people getting into a big snit about it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you lost no sleep when Prince adopted that ridiculous symbol in lieu of a name, and some news and entertainment commentators commenced referring to him as "the artist formerly known as Prince." I thought it was both absurd and guffaw inducing.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016

But if you don't know their name, you make a reasonable assumption based on what thousands of years of the human species has taught us to determine. Plus these people like to change their genders weekly. People don't do that with their names.

PSU87

Jun 8, 2001
Florida, where the weather suits my clothes
No, it does not. And I personally disfavor the use of anything but traditional male and female pronouns, but I see little reason to get all worked up over someone else seeking to use different pronouns. I find it a tad comical, to be honest. BOTH the use of pronouns like "they" AND people getting into a big snit about it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you lost no sleep when Prince adopted that ridiculous symbol in lieu of a name, and some news and entertainment commentators commenced referring to him as "the artist formerly known as Prince." I thought it was both absurd and guffaw inducing.
I agree.

If someone wants to be called something, fine.

Just don't get upset with me if I can't freaking remember it.

I recall reading about someone that didn't want to be addressed as "you". Sorry....I can't correct 50 plus years of asking "how are you today" just because you are offended by it.

Reactions: bison13