ADVERTISEMENT

Question about NLC Membership without Season Tix

LionsandBear

Dec 7, 2009
After 15 Seasons as a Season Ticket holder, I've decided not to renew my tickets. However, I'd like to come up for 1 or 2 games.

My question to the board, is it worth it to pay the $100 NLC fee to be eligible for the ticket exchange? I know there are other options but in general they're more expensive than face value. Also, I refuse to travel 3 hours to SC without tickets secured. I'm not the type to scalp tickets.

So, I ask the AKB. Has anyone done this? Are tickets readily available and is it worth the $100 annual cost? TIA

Last edited:
Definitely not worth it. Tickets are so cheap on the secondary market for the crap games, and with “flex pricing” on the bigger games, you’re looking at $110 face or more anyway.

Reactions: LionsandBear
We gave up our season tickets several years ago but I still remain a member at the $100. Still having the member login does come in handy in single game tickets. I've gotten them a few times for family members.

We gave up our season tickets several years ago but I still remain a member at the $100. Still having the member login does come in handy in single game tickets. I've gotten them a few times for family members.

Are they readily available for all games? Are they generally sold at or below face value? Lastly, are you able to find good seats regularly?

After 15 Seasons as a Season Ticket holder, I've decided not to renew my tickets. However, I'd like to come up for 1 or 2 games.

My question to the board, is it worth it to pay the $100 NLC fee to be eligible for the ticket exchange? I know there are other options but in general they're more expensive than face value. Also, I refuse to travel 3 hours to SC without tickets secured. I'm not the type to scalp tickets.

So, I ask the AKB. Has anyone done this? Are tickets readily available and is it worth the $100 annual cost? TIA

Don’t pay the NLC one cent.

According to the Franklin fan boys those of us who have given our cash to the NLC are owed nothing by the program and should keep our mouths shut about the losing program. We should just bend over and take whatever we are given in return for our funding. So F it, keep your cash and buy Tickets on line and Get yourself something of your own.

I take it all the Franklin idolaters will come up with the cash to replace what you funded in the way of scholarships and facilities.

Don’t pay the NLC one cent.

According to the Franklin fan boys those of us who have given our cash to the NLC are owed nothing by the program and should keep our mouths shut about the losing program. We should just bend over and take whatever we are given in return for our funding. So F it, keep your cash and buy Tickets on line and Get yourself something of your own.

I take it all the Franklin idolaters will come up with the cash to replace what you funded in the way of scholarships and facilities.

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Harrisburg Dave
unless you have seats that you just can't let go don't give em a nickel

Are they readily available for all games? Are they generally sold at or below face value? Lastly, are you able to find good seats regularly?

At the $100 level, the NLC will let you buy two (2) single game tix, prior to the public sale, for up to 2 or 3 games, I believe, but when you get to buy depends on your point level. Tix for the bigger games (O$U, Michigan, Pitt in the past) usually get bought up by season ticket holders with lots of points, so they are harder to come by. Other games are easier, especially the early OOC crap games, but they now have tiered pricing based on opponent and seat location, so you are probably gonna pay more than the $55 or so they charge for season tix....could be quite a bit more depending on opponent. As far as good seats, you get what they don't fill with season tickets, so you can find them in the upper parts of the mid-field sections for the crap games. I also use a guy that calls himself the PSU Ticketman and his pricing is reasonable.

Depends on whether you know others that have season tickets and if they go to every game. I know someone who has 4 tickets and his family does not go to every game so if I want to go, I can usually get tickets from him. With 2 kids that play sports though, it is usually hard enough right now to even watch the games on television let alone in person. I can't remember the last time my 11 year old did not have a travel soccer game that did not coincide with a PSU football game.

ADVERTISEMENT