ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue depth chart: Wow! Experienced team...

Ok. I am a hypocrite because I am guilty of responding on the Auburn is lousy thread. Auburn has had top 10 to 20 recruiting classes from 2018 to 2021 and now we should expect to beat them, and they are lousy because of how they looked this week.
You can't confuse fanboys with the facts. They'll move and twist the the goalposts....LOL
Their blind passion is so amusing.

How many titles has Saban won?
Franklin has been here for how many years and we've yet to make the playoffs--why are you okay with that?
Yes, they enjoyed beating teams like Ole Miss and Georgia the first time. They also got a playoff win. We can't relate to that.
What was our record last year? How about in 2020?
I’m okay with that because I have no say in the matter, so I cheer for the guy that’s there because I want us to win. And if we’re in a position to win and the players don’t make the plays, I don’t blame the coach.

Reactions: marshall23
I’m okay with that because I have no say in the matter, so I cheer for the guy that’s there because I want us to win. And if we’re in a position to win and the players don’t make the plays, I don’t blame the coach.
Basically you're a cheerleader then--if that makes you happy

Basically you're a cheerleader then--if that makes you happy
And what are you, an assistant coach? I’m someone who realizes that players have as much to do with winning as the coach and you’re someone that thinks coaches handle the players like a video game.

And what are you, an assistant coach? I’m someone who realizes that players have as much to do with winning as the coach and you’re someone that thinks coaches handle the players like a video game.
You're not giving the coach any blame. Win or lose you're going to smile and pretend everything is great. That's a cheerleader. It's not someone that actually understands the game.

in college, the coach is fully responsible for recruiting those players, developing those players, using the portal as needed and then scheming around the talent you have as opposed to making them fit what you prefer to do. Franklin has been unable to develop talent or adapt. Hopefully that changes.

Franklin was the coach I wanted when we hired him. Back in the day, I was on the main board and bashed the hell out of psychotic Phil Grosz who wanted Al Golden to be the man. Even after 2019 I thought Franklin had has heading in the right direction. That took a sharp turn. Pretending otherwise is illogical.

You're not giving the coach any blame. Win or lose you're going to smile and pretend everything is great. That's a cheerleader. It's not someone that actually understands the game.

in college, the coach is fully responsible for recruiting those players, developing those players, using the portal as needed and then scheming around the talent you have as opposed to making them fit what you prefer to do. Franklin has been unable to develop talent or adapt. Hopefully that changes.

Franklin was the coach I wanted when we hired him. Back in the day, I was on the main board and bashed the hell out of psychotic Phil Grosz who wanted Al Golden to be the man. Even after 2019 I thought Franklin had has heading in the right direction. That took a sharp turn. Pretending otherwise is illogical.
The coach has to put the players in a position to win the game and we’ve been in that position most of the games under Franklin, but he can’t make the plays for them. Pretending otherwise is illogical.

Reactions: marshall23
The coach has to put the players in a position to win the game and we’ve been in that position most of the games under Franklin, but he can’t make the plays for them. Pretending otherwise is illogical.
Did you watch Iowa or Illinois last year? He did not put our players in position to win the game. He absolutely failed to develop them appropriately.

Did you watch Iowa or Illinois last year? He did not put our players in position to win the game. He absolutely failed to develop them appropriately.
So you’re telling me we could not have won either of those games. One play in each game could have won the game. We absolutely were in a position to win those games. We had multiple opportunities to win against Illinois, but the players couldn’t score from the two nine times….that’s on the players. And I bet if you ask the players, they’d say the same thing.

So you’re telling me we could not have won either of those games. One play in each game could have won the game. We absolutely were in a position to win those games. We had multiple opportunities to win against Illinois, but the players couldn’t score from the two nine times….that’s on the players. And I bet if you ask the players, they’d say the same thing.
Actually they did score on a couple, but then the defense didn’t stop the Illini or visa versa.

So, your belief is every close game is on the players--really?
Guessing you lost a lot as a coach and always blamed the kids and never yourself

So, your belief is every close game is on the players--really?
Guessing you lost a lot as a coach and always blamed the kids and never yourself
Players have to make plays and I lost very little, sorry to disappoint you. But unlike you, I don’t have the arrogance to think I know everything there is to know and more than guys that do it for a living at a very high level…that’s the difference between us.

Players have to make plays and I lost very little, sorry to disappoint you. But unlike you, I don’t have the arrogance to think I know everything there is to know and more than guys that do it for a living at a very high level…that’s the difference between us.
I find that hard to believe but you can make any claim you wanted.
You don't believe your posts are indicating you know everything there is to know? I think you're confused.
Franklin is here to do one thing--win games--that's how he'll ultimately be judged. He knows that.
Ask Scott Frost about that but I guess no one should be questioning him either

I find that hard to believe but you can make any claim you wanted.
You don't believe your posts are indicating you know everything there is to know? I think you're confused.
Franklin is here to do one thing--win games--that's how he'll ultimately be judged. He knows that.
Ask Scott Frost about that but I guess no one should be questioning him either
So you’re comparing Franklin’s results at PSU to Frost’s at Nebraska….you need help.

Why? Why in the world would our expectations be higher than Nebraska? Nebraska has as much history and past success as we have.
What do you mean "why?"
It's not the 90s. Nebraska leaving the Big XII hurt their recruiting. We have not been hurt at all by joining the Big Ten. Look at the talent level.
Yesterday you failed to comprehend we have different expectations than Northwestern.

What do you mean "why?"
It's not the 90s. Nebraska leaving the Big XII hurt their recruiting. We have not been hurt at all by joining the Big Ten. Look at the talent level.
Yesterday you failed to comprehend we have different expectations than Northwestern.
We have been hurt by the quality of recruiting in our home state which affects our overall ability to recruit. I never failed to comprehend that we have different expectations than NW, I just don’t agree with you on how much different.

We have been hurt by the quality of recruiting in our home state which affects our overall ability to recruit. I never failed to comprehend that we have different expectations than NW, I just don’t agree with you on how much different.
Do you need a recap of Northwestern's history prior to Fitz?

I never said that, but you know that. You’re the one saying we’re equal to Bama.
We're not--we're the type of program that has about a 5% chance of making the playoffs most years not 99.5%--once it expands to 12 teams we'll be close to 50%
Northwestern has 0%-0.5% with 4 or 12 teams as you know

We're not--we're the type of program that has about a 5% chance of making the playoffs most years not 99.5%--once it expands to 12 teams we'll be close to 50%
There’s Bama, GA and OSU….then there’s about 30 teams that are in the next level, then the rest. We’re in the second level and have been for years.

There’s Bama, GA and OSU….then there’s about 30 teams that are in the next level, then the rest. We’re in the second level and have been for years.
30 is too high but generally correct and Northwestern isn't anywhere near that level

What about Clemson? They made the CFB Playoff 6 consecutive years prior to last year.

That's what lead to this discussion since you clearly know nothing about Northwestern leading to insane comments by a former "coach"
I know exactly what Northwestern was and is….I’m older than you and have been watching college football my whole life.

How do I do that, by just agreeing with you? Don’t be an ass.
No, most of the time even when we disagree we're at least both being reasonable we just don't agree--the comment you made about Northwestern was one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen about football. We may not get along (clearly don't) but you're better than that nonsense.

No, most of the time even when we disagree we're at least both being reasonable we just don't agree--the comment you made about Northwestern was one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen about football. We may not get along (clearly don't) but you're better than that nonsense.
What comment was that? I don’t recall saying anything unreasonable about NW, certainly nothing that could be considered the dumbest comments even on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT