ADVERTISEMENT

Public Service Announcement

Callthestall

Mar 14, 2016
I was going to post this on the Essential Non- Essential thread but thought I should post it where it might be seen by more of the forum.
I live in the Bangor School District which borders New Jersey. I have some knowledge that effective most likely Monday that New York City and and outlying area including some of New Jersey and potentially Pennsylvania will be put on Lock Down.
This info is not random opinion but is from a person in a position with unique knowledge of the situation.
I did not post this for people to argue the wrongs and rights of what is being done.
I'm just telling you what might be done.!

Make sure you have the necessities to hunker down for awhile. Example of issue. My sister is severe diabetic and Walmart was out of insulin for a day. She did get it the following day.

Everybody take care.

Reactions: Creek Side
I was going to post this on the Essential Non- Essential thread but thought I should post it where it might be seen by more of the forum.
I live in the Bangor School District which borders New Jersey. I have some knowledge that effective most likely Monday that New York City and and outlying area including some of New Jersey and potentially Pennsylvania will be put on Lock Down.
This info is not random opinion but is from a person in a position with unique knowledge of the situation.
I did not post this for people to argue the wrongs and rights of what is being done.
I'm just telling you what might be done.!

Make sure you have the necessities to hunker down for awhile. Example of issue. My sister is severe diabetic and Walmart was out of insulin for a day. She did get it the following day.

Everybody take care.
Lockdown as in you cant go into the area or lockdown as stay in your house, no grocery store trips, no one outside?

Aren't we already on lockdown? Only leaving for food or family? They can't hardly MAKE you stay in your house when you run out of food lol.
China just had its first day of no new domestic cases. So it can be done with a couple months of isolation.
Crazy stuff tho. Wish everyone the best ✌️

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
Lockdown as in you cant go into the area or lockdown as stay in your house, no grocery store trips, no one outside?
pretty sure any lockdown scenario will allow grocery shopping, but limited number in store at one time
but we will see

Aren't we already on lockdown? Only leaving for food or family? They can't hardly MAKE you stay in your house when you run out of food lol.
China just had its first day of no new domestic cases. So it can be done with a couple months of isolation.
Crazy stuff tho. Wish everyone the best ✌️
China also welded building doors shut to keep people inside. So maybe they're not the best example.

They’ve also consistently under reported the severity of the issue. As one article I saw put it, this is their Chernobyl. There are still billions of people in China that have not yet been exposed to the virus, so their crisis is not over regardless.

The Italian lockdown model is likely what we’ll see: you will need signed papers when you are out of the house, or the police will arrest you. You can get papers to make grocery runs, but I’m sure that won’t be very efficient of a process....

They’ve also consistently under reported the severity of the issue. As one article I saw put it, this is their Chernobyl. There are still billions of people in China that have not yet been exposed to the virus, so their crisis is not over regardless.

The Italian lockdown model is likely what we’ll see: you will need signed papers when you are out of the house, or the police will arrest you. You can get papers to make grocery runs, but I’m sure that won’t be very efficient of a process....
And how do you go out to get the signed paper to go out?

Not trying to be a wise guy.... But I guess it kinda come naturally.

There is alot of misinformation spreading around social networking...I received a text from a buddy of mine last night, that was from a guy, who's dad's friend works with homeland security, saying this coming weekend everything getting shut down like Italy, as soon as the national guard and military can be activated for 30+ days....o_O As things excel, it's going to be harder and harder to parse the truth more times than not unfortunately.

Reactions: CreggSchinkle
Honestly - the tough part will be allowing people to get essentials but I don't think it's a terrible idea, having only left the house to get essentials a block away, I can tell you, people are not taking social distancing seriously.

Honestly - the tough part will be allowing people to get essentials but I don't think it's a terrible idea, having only left the house to get essentials a block away, I can tell you, people are not taking social distancing seriously.

You mean like this?:
"DILLON Alene McDowell Cook, 89, departed this life on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at McLeod Medical Center in Dillon. A funeral service to celebrate her life will be held at 2:00 P.M. on Friday, March 20, 2020 at Kannaday Funeral Home Chapel in Dillon with Pastor Joe Grice officiating. Interment will follow in Greenlawn Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. on Thursday, March 19, 2020, at the funeral home in Dillon".

You mean like this?:
"DILLON Alene McDowell Cook, 89, departed this life on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at McLeod Medical Center in Dillon. A funeral service to celebrate her life will be held at 2:00 P.M. on Friday, March 20, 2020 at Kannaday Funeral Home Chapel in Dillon with Pastor Joe Grice officiating. Interment will follow in Greenlawn Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. on Thursday, March 19, 2020, at the funeral home in Dillon".

Not sure what you want me to say. I still see groups of people hanging outside and it looks like spring break is still a full go in Florida even with bars closed. That's what I'm talking about. I had a wedding postponed recently.

My guess on a shelter in place is it's basically what happening now except police will crack down on clear cases of not social distancing like what I mentioned above.

Not sure what you want me to say. I still see groups of people hanging outside and it looks like spring break is still a full go in Florida even with bars closed. That's what I'm talking about. I had a wedding postponed recently.

My guess on a shelter in place is it's basically what happening now except police will crack down on clear cases of not social distancing like what I mentioned above.

No particular response from you was necessary. I added the post as an example reinforcing your observation that people aren't taking social distancing seriously, and in this example I would say they are clueless.

I think NYC is having a problem with the mayor and governor not being on the same page. I would listen to the governor and ignore the mayor.

Plenty of anecdotal stories of folks not taking social distancing seriously. Sociologists and psychiatrists explaining why too. Much, from what I've read, appears to be generational. I applaud all that take this situation as seriously as they should and act responsibly.

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
No particular response from you was necessary. I added the post as an example reinforcing your observation that people aren't taking social distancing seriously, and in this example I would say they are clueless.

Ah okay, appreciate the clarification. Not sure if you were calling me unsympathetic since I'm aware funerals are a grey area but they're still a social gathering.

Reactions: nittinsc
And how do you go out to get the signed paper to go out?

Not trying to be a wise guy.... But I guess it kinda come naturally.
in France you print it out and sign it. Just have to have it with you.
Not sure I see this working in US

...so far had to cancel an annual trip to the NCAAs this weekend and my niece’s daughter’s wedding in Alabama next weekend ...
...April is still “on hold” ...
...I am at least thankful for global warming which has resulted in no snow shoveling (so far) this year for this old geezer... :)

I'm hearing from a military contact its the entire country going on 2 week lock down, maybe more. National Guard being activated with orders of deployment up to 30 days. Announcement coming this weekend. Unreal!

This was the messaging I was referring to earlier...take it with a grain of salt

I think NYC is having a problem with the mayor and governor not being on the same page. I would listen to the governor and ignore the mayor.
I'd say that's fairly accurate. I'm not generally a Cuomo fan but he's as on top of this as anyone could be and is delivering sound, accurate information and advice. The reason for the disconnect was mostly due to the school closings; DeBlasio thought they should stay open even as everything else was closing. But just because children are less at risk doesn't mean they can't be asymptomatic carriers, and having them bounce off each other all day (there are 1.2m of them) and return to their homes outweighed the arguments (some of them good) supporting leaving schools open. DeBlasio also committed a jaw-droppingly stupid political error when he was caught going to the YMCA, as is his routine, the morning after he announced all bars and sit-down restaurants would be closing. But I can't take serious issue with anything Cuomo has done to now. Still very concerned about how the NYC hospitals are going to handle the deluge (which is already happening and due to get worse), and very concerned for the health workers themselves, who don't appear to be adequately prepared equipment-wise.

Our school has had us "stay 6ft apart" (which we've actively done, honestly) but still report to "plan for distance learning" this week. Apparently we'll have the option to report or not next week, with a plan to our principal.

Work in a VERY socioeconomically-diverse district. Our plan is to try to get tech into hands of students who don't already have it (not every school is 1-to-1). The accountability factor is as close to 0 as I think it can be without being 0.

I teach elementary PE, to top it all off. Distance learning for that? With kids with no tech or internet possibly? OOOF.

Shelter in Place means nothing actually.Its just a catchy phrase to try to keep people home that won't listen.Shelter in place is happening in many states as we speak.You can go to the store, walk your pets or go on a run.Basically leave the house for anything but must practice social distancing while doing so.And those messages about a lockdown are going around in many forms.

Our school has had us "stay 6ft apart" (which we've actively done, honestly) but still report to "plan for distance learning" this week. Apparently we'll have the option to report or not next week, with a plan to our principal.

Work in a VERY socioeconomically-diverse district. Our plan is to try to get tech into hands of students who don't already have it (not every school is 1-to-1). The accountability factor is as close to 0 as I think it can be without being 0.

I teach elementary PE, to top it all off. Distance learning for that? With kids with no tech or internet possibly? OOOF.

In SC they are using school buses to deliver school meals and plan to deploy wifi equipped buses to rural areas without good residential service so students can distance learn. Daytime PBS programming is changing as well.

Reactions: hlstone
FYI - I went out to fill up with gas here in Lancaster, CA. Everything was pretty quiet. Most stores were already closed. I

Unfortunately, I also saw groups of people walking around with their arms held out in front and making jerky movements.

If this is a public service announcement, where is the guitar??

theclashlondoncalling.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
NWPA wife is an instructional aide, just got E-pink slip. Im guessing this means the school year has been nixxed.

PA Liquor stores closed, NY’s remain open.
Find a syphon hose boys, it’s time for a roadtrip.
Just made a grocery run and my nearest Giant had plenty of beer and wine. Delaware County (suburban PHL), which is normally Panic Central.

However: it's a separate checkout, and IDK if they had a cashier in that section.

Just made a grocery run and my nearest Giant had plenty of beer and wine. Delaware County (suburban PHL), which is normally Panic Central.

However: it's a separate checkout, and IDK if they had a cashier in that section.

i didn't realize giant had so many locations with beer, i guess they're trying to compete with the wegmans's popping up all around. turns out both of the closest giants to me (aston and dilworthton) have libations.

Governor Wolf has imposed a new order shutting down all non life sustaining buisnesses and will implement fines and citations to violaters using State and local police and some government agencies. There are exemptions to above guidelines.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/co...-coronavirus-spreads-at-exponential-pace.html

At some point we have to stop pretending that it's partisan to say things like the following:

The brief attempt to ban trucking rest stops was completely absurd and, in a word, pusillanimous and counter-productive. Thank goodness the truckers managed to get some exceptions. Thankfully, Pennsylvania was the only state to attempt something that dumb. We're supposed to do all these precautions to prevent excess deaths and then PennDOT decides the linchpin of our supply lines ought to be poorly rested. Great idea.

As for the rest of his list, I would love to know how you're supposed to make steel without coal, or make paper without timber. I'd love to know how mining coal is more unhealthy than oil and gas extraction. And speaking of timber, I know one company whose timber cutting work is very important to local farmers, who've otherwise been deemed "mission essential." The chances of disease spreading among a 2-4 man timber crew out in the woods is .... not high.

They gave no explanations for their reasoning, they timed it all very poorly, and they forced companies to adjust on the fly. They can say no one knew this was gonna be a pandemic, but I've been reading about corona virus in China since around New Year's and I'm not a paid health professional for the state.

I have no problem with serious precautions, but gimme a break with some of this. They clearly rushed it. That's as far as I'm gonna go with politics on this forum but I'm sure not gonna keep silent on this. We deserve better from our bureaucrats than this.

The reality is that regardless of what the state demands from us, your health is in your hands either way. If they did nothing and let the virus burn itself out violently, your health would be in your hands; if they did mild mitigation, it's in your hands; and if they try full on statism, it's still in your hands. Use common sense, wash your hands, and speak out when the state authorities do things that are obviously dumb.

Have a good weekend, folks.

Last edited:
At some point we have to stop pretending that it's partisan to say things like the following:

The brief attempt to ban trucking rest stops was completely absurd and, in a word, pusillanimous and counter-productive. Thank goodness the truckers managed to get some exceptions. Thankfully, Pennsylvania was the only state to attempt something that dumb. We're supposed to do all these precautions to prevent excess deaths and then PennDOT decides the linchpin of our supply lines ought to be poorly rested. Great idea.

As for the rest of his list, I would love to know how you're supposed to make steel without coal, or make paper without timber. I'd love to know how mining coal is more unhealthy than oil and gas extraction. And speaking of timber, I know one company whose timber cutting wor:(:(k is very important to local farmers, who've otherwise been deemed "mission essential." The chances of disease spreading among a 2-4 man timber crew out in the woods is .... not high.

They gave no explanations for their reasoning, they timed it all very poorly, and they forced companies to adjust on the fly. They can say no one knew this was gonna be a pandemic, but I've been reading about corona virus in China since around New Year's and I'm not a paid health professional for the state.

I have no problem with serious precautions, but gimme a break with some of this. They clearly rushed it. That's as far as I'm gonna go with politics on this forum but I'm sure not gonna keep silent on this. We deserve better from our bureaucrats than this.

The reality is that regardless of what the state demands from us, your health is in your hands either way. If they did nothing and let the virus burn itself out violently, your health would be in your hands; if they did mild mitigation, it's in your hands; and if they try full on statism, it's still in your hands. Use common sense, wash your hands, and speak out when the state authorities do things that are obviously dumb.

Have a good weekend, folks.
I'm a buisness owner that probably has an exemption to the shut down but can't even find my buisness sector listed on yesterday's Governor directive.
Speaking of unfair. On St Patrick's day the governor shut down the bars but kept the State Liquor stores open.:(

Looked the list over. Someone without even a rudimentary understanding of how things function had to have put this together and no one else ever reviewed it. Here's an example: If you are a life-sustaining business and outsource accounting or payroll you're SOL because those businesses are supposed to be shut down.

Reactions: pahawk68 and psualt
ADVERTISEMENT