ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Wrestling Schedule & Video/Audio Streaming Options

ItalianLion

Mar 24, 2017
Fellow Lion Fans,

The 'off-season' is almost over, and another exciting season of Nittany Lion Wrestling is upon us!!! 😀

Now that the Big Ten has finally gotten around to releasing their schedule, we have a more complete view of PSU's full schedule which can found HERE <== click me

The timings & streams options are still assumptions (as shown by their red text) and will be updated (to green text) once official confirmations are known.

Lastly, ever year that goes by, I strangely get a year older... as does the severity of my cognitive decline: so please be gentle in pointing out any errors that I may have missed in my proof-reading. 🤪

Fight on State... to another National Championship!!!

Last edited:
Trackwrestling has the following:

Dec. 2, 2022 - PSU @ Rider
Dec. 11, 2022 - Oregon State @ PSU
Feb. 26, 2023 - Clarion @ PSU

I think you mistakenly left the Feb 20 Rider dual from last year on your spreadsheet.

Reactions: ItalianLion
Trackwrestling has the following:

Dec. 2, 2022 - PSU @ Rider
Dec. 11, 2022 - Oregon State @ PSU
Feb. 26, 2023 - Clarion @ PSU

I think you mistakenly left the Feb 20 Rider dual from last year on your spreadsheet.
Thanks MRH, that's exactly what I did... dang, my secret's out that I copy over from previous year.:eek:

Fellow Lion Fans,

The 'off-season' is almost over, and another exciting season of Nittany Lion Wrestling is upon us!!! 😀

Now that the Big Ten has finally gotten around to releasing their schedule, we have a more complete view of PSU's full schedule which can found HERE <== click me

The timings & streams options are still assumptions (as shown by their red text) and will be updated (to green text) once official confirmations are known.

Lastly, ever year that goes by, I strangely get a year older... as does the severity of my cognitive decline: so please be gentle in pointing out any errors that I may have missed in my proof-reading. 🤪

Fight on State... to another National Championship!!!
Thanks, ItalianLion! Much appreciated!
A small edit requested: please revise "metal" to medal."

I miss having the Scuffle on the schedule. Dual tournaments can provide some good individual matchups by chance. But the Scuffle always provided great semi-final and final matches. [Dake v Taylor, Dean v Ruth, Nickel v Realbuto, Nolf v Green, and lots more]

Reactions: goldenanimal
I miss having the Scuffle on the schedule. Dual tournaments can provide some good individual matchups by chance. But the Scuffle always provided great semi-final and final matches. [Dake v Taylor, Dean v Ruth, Nickel v Realbuto, Nolf v Green, and lots more]
I agree, BUT the Scuffle is not the same tournament it used to be as far as competition.

Many thanks to ItalianLion who always come thru for the viewing options.

Less than a week from our first match of the new season... yes!! 😀

Almost all streaming options have been confirmed (and updated on the spreadsheet) with just a couple of exceptions, specifically Rider university who either stream on ESPN+ or Broncvision (it's like our Lionvision... access links in the legend of the spreadsheet), but neither ESPN+ or Broncvision have the match listed as of yet.... perhaps as we get closer one will pop up. :oops:

Also, BTN+ looks like it will carry B1G vs non-B1G matches again this year, so the Lock Haven match next Friday is scheduled to be on the BTN+ ($$) subscriptions service.

Fight On State... Onward State .... to another National Championship!! :D

Let's hope for extra matches as a standard thing going forward. It's good to give a few more chances to the non starters in all of these programs.

So I’m trying to restore my BTN+ subscription for Penn State wrestling only. Does anyone know how to get to monthly payments rather than the whole year? Thanks!

I don’t have that plan, but if it’s only for wrestling it is probably one payment, rather than spread across wrestling season. If you get the school pass or the entire conference pass, you have the option of monthly or annual.

Reactions: Ruby Tues
So I’m trying to restore my BTN+ subscription for Penn State wrestling only. Does anyone know how to get to monthly payments rather than the whole year? Thanks!
yes they offer that from their home page as a subscription plan BUT if you look at the event calendar on their website they only list Lock Haven as something they are streaming despite what is listed here on the site. I contacted them and was told the event calendar is what is being offered irregardless of what a school's webpage has. Plus from mid November on only 2 matches are listed as being streamed. 1 in Jan and 0 in Feb. idk didn't use to be like that.

Thank you Paul, I see it confirmed now on Flo as well. I will update spreadsheet in the morning! Appreciate the help… Happy Thanksgiving!
ESPN + has the Rider dual listed. Can you confirm this coverage as well?

It shows it airing at 4:30. I couldn’t figure out how to post a screen shot.

ESPN + has the Rider dual listed. Can you confirm this coverage as well?
I do see where ESPN+ is now listing this dual for 7.30pm as well. The Rider schedule & associated video link still drive all traffic to Flo Pro. It would seem strange that there would be a simulcast… but perhaps we’ll get lucky! (Especially for non-Flo subscribers)

I do see where ESPN+ is now listing this dual for 7.30pm as well. The Rider schedule & associated video link still drive all traffic to Flo Pro. It would seem strange that there would be a simulcast… but perhaps we’ll get lucky! (Especially for non-Flo subscribers)
For now, be wary of ESPN+ listings. They also have 11:00 PM (rather than AM) listed for the F&M-VMI dual on Sunday, and they have a non-existent dual between Mount Olive and Presbyterian listed for Sunday (while showing a college basketball icon — and no, the schools are not scheduled to face one another in men’s or women’s basketball this week, either).

Drugs are bad.

For now, be wary of ESPN+ listings. They also have 11:00 PM (rather than AM) listed for the F&M-VMI dual on Sunday, and they have a non-existent dual between Mount Olive and Presbyterian listed for Sunday (while showing a college basketball icon — and no, the schools are not scheduled to face one another in men’s or women’s basketball this week, either).

Drugs are bad.
So, who do we trust, whacked out ESPN or the always trustful FLO?

I guess I trust Rider’s link on their online schedule the most. Has there ever been a FLO/ESPN+ simulcast?

Reactions: slushhead
does this mean coverage is only on Flo or will the rider bronco vision also be covering it as well?

So, who do we trust, whacked out ESPN or the always trustful FLO?

I guess I trust Rider’s link on their online schedule the most. Has there ever been a FLO/ESPN+ simulcast?
I had hopes that may have been the plan, but:
ESPN+ no longer has the Rider v PSU wrestling listed.
Yep, looks like they took it down. They fixed the icon for “Mount Olive vs. Presbyterian” so that it indicates wrestling rather than basketball, but such a dual is on neither team’s schedule. And the app still thinks F&M-VMI is starting at 11 pm Sunday.

Drugs are bad.

Reactions: nitlion6
I had hopes that may have been the plan, but:

Yep, looks like they took it down. They fixed the icon for “Mount Olive vs. Presbyterian” so that it indicates wrestling rather than basketball, but such a dual is on neither team’s schedule. And the app still thinks F&M-VMI is starting at 11 pm Sunday.

Drugs are bad.
It's on the women's wrestling schedule. Yes, drugs are bad.

Reactions: slushhead
Hey BTW has anyone actually confirmed that one of the other 'monthly' Flo subscription options (was it badmitten), actually provides access to view wrestling?

I have a friend that has FloRacing and he is able to watch any Flo sports with that, including wrestling. He does pay for the whole year though.

So I just confirmed with ESPN + customer service that the PS vs Rider match is no longer on their schedule. ( I also got a refund 😉)

Sorry for the confusion this may have caused. I’ll delete the post later.

It's on the women's wrestling schedule. Yes, drugs are bad.
Oh.

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

I wish u guys would quit bad mouthing drugs. In 5 years, give or take I am going to retire and I have been telling myself for 4 decades as soon as I retire I can start back up. Now u are scarring me.

I wish u guys would quit bad mouthing drugs. In 5 years, give or take I am going to retire and I have been telling myself for 4 decades as soon as I retire I can start back up. Now u are scarring me.
Well, I can’t condone such behavior, but if you must . . . please at least promise us that you’ll limit your posting to tHR in the event the drugs turn your Brain into Iron.

@ItalianLion Trying to chase down the rumor that the State College area radio stations that carried Byers (WRSC 1390 and ESPN Radio 1450) have recently changed hands/affiliation. LionVision may be the only option for Byers--trying to confirm....

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT