ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Wrestle Offs

Nolf has gotten caught in a headlock before at the Keystone Classic by a EMU kid and ended up pinning the kid later.
I remember gasping when that happened. Was a true "Holy Shit!" moment. But then Nolf was Nolf.

I got destroyed last year when I commented it was to bad that we didn't get Sasso. I heard how Verk was better.
I understand that the recruiting process is more than just one's talent. People pointed out Sasso's past. The argument is not valid with the knowledge of Teasdale problems his senior year which was known among the wrestling community.
As I said then, I'll take Sasso.

To be honest Sasso and Carr bummed me out too so you are not alone.

FYI - some interesting updates for the MSU open today on the bucknuts board. HIghlights include Sasso into the finals with 3 Pins and TF. Kharchla on a tear as well with one close one, and....

Gavin Hoffman with two loses to nobodies. Me thinks the OSU, tOSu cut until it hurts strikes once again.

Beard makes me smile and I can't wait until tomorrow. We got a great one there.

I love it, many of my favorite PSU moments came from PSU wrestlers who shocked the Wrestling world

Kuhn thowing Tomasello into the scorers table setting the tone in a huge dual

James English beating Maple in a huge match for his goals and PSU point totals

When Volrath (god rest his soul:() beat Alex Dieringer to make the scuffle finals

And most recently when Cassar turned into a world beater taking out Gable twice!!!

That's just to name a few I remember....I hope this report is true, nothing would make me happier than to see another PSU wrestler grow to his fullest potential in the room.

PS-This makes me even more upset that there will be no scuffle this year. I love that tourney especially for these who is gonna emerge the starter scenarios.
As for a Penn State wrestler shocking the world, but not shocking us Penn State fans, I will always remember when Freshman Jason Nolf decked Isaiah Martinez at Illinois. If you recall Martinez was being touted as possibly going undeafeted in his career.
I remember the one camera angle had the Illinois coaching staff in the background and their reaction as Nolf nailed their stud was precious. The below link is not the camera angle that I recall.

Last edited:
how did you like all the cell coverage up there?

LOL

Nice!!! I took a recent car tour through a lot of parts of PA I had never been to. I live in Texas now and don’t get back much. Drove the Northern Tier from the NJ border across to Wellsboro, then worked my way South and East back to Delco. Stopped by Centralia and then drove through your hood on 42 and 61.

Pretty country and tough looking towns.

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT