ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Women's Soccer.....drive to the Championship

I live in the Bay area and am planning to take my 9th and 5th grade daughters to the game at Stanford, Friday. Is there anyone else in the area who might consider going?

I did notice that a member of the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of the PSAA made a post about the game on their Facebook site. Hopefully that will help to bring out some PSU fans at the game.

For those interested...Line is out for our game. Stanford is -505 and PSU is +335. This gives us an implied probability of just over 21.5% of advancing. We've also got the highest total of the 4 quarterfinals (3.5, over +110, under -150).

so the game is today at 5 pm EST.

It will be on TV on Pac-12 Networks (if that's part of your subscription)

It will be streamed on Pac-12.com (I don't have the specific link)

Sorry that I don't have links. The Game Notes from GoPSUsports.com did not provide the links. The Twitter account of PSU women's soccer has not yet posted links.

on Pac-12 Network (TV), they are showing the Seattle - Washington BB game, which is running late, and in a foulathon at the end of the game.

Stanford scores 1:27 in on a freekick from right outside the penalty area. A perfect strike (upper corner, far post). I didn't see the foul, as TV coverage started just as the FK was about to be taken

PSU with a corner around the 4:30 mark, but it sailed over everyone, and ended up going out of bounds.

Stanford scores 1:27 in on a freekick from right outside the penalty area. A perfect strike (upper corner, far post). I didn't see the foul, as TV coverage started just as the FK was about to be taken
Can anyone get the stream if you are not Comcast

Crouse nearly with a goal off a deflection, but Stanford's GK tips it over the crossbar. PSU with a corner, but nothing came from it. 8 minutes into the game.

damn, Stanford with another goal. It came off a FK a good ways out. She passed it to Sullivan, who dribbled into the penalty area, and shot low and far post, through 2 defenders -- possibly shielded PSU's GK. 0-2.

Dammit Jim.

Edit x2.

and just like that, Stanford with another at the 11:40 mark. A drive to the corner, and a pass across that got one-timed from the top of the penalty area into the goal. 0-3

I'm getting the game on the PAC12 network here in Colorado. Just switched it on. Interested to see if they're playing them competitively or not.

24:50, Stanford scores again on a perfect pass and run. the shot just eluded PSU's defender and PSU's GK.

Stanford is just lethal on their counters. PSU was playing pretty well before the goal. In fact, the score isn't really all that indicative of the play of the match. Stanford has had the edge, but not substantially. PSU has done a lot right.

And just like that, PSU hits the post on a great shot. So, so close, but not a goal.

Drew iron from about 25 yards out. Not much sustained possession though.

Not much sustained possession though.

yeah, not lately. They did have some before you tuned in (or posted that you had tuned in). PSU has switched to high pressure, which can work, but it also leaves big gaps between the midfielders and the attackers, and that's where PSU seems to be losing the ball most of the time.

Stanford is playing sound D, and their speed is excellent. They've dispossessed PSU several times on check-backs from behind.

Reactions: MattTX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT