ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Women's LAX: NCAA Quarters, 1 pm Sat @ UNC ...

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
PSU plays in the quarterfinals of the women's NCAAs this Saturday at 1 pm EDT. They are taking on #2 ranked UNC, at UNC.

The game will be broadcast live on ESPN3. You can also follow the results via twitter @PennStateWLAX

Alas, I have another LAX commitment at the same time, so I won't be able to provide scoring updates. I hope 1 or more of you will step forward and provide updates during the game.

UNC is the 2nd toughest foe that PSU has faced this year. The only team I would rate about UNC on PSU's schedule this year was #1 Maryland.

PSU is an excellent team. Can they beat UNC? Sure. Will they be favored? No.

I encourage those of you in the Chapel Hill area to attend the game on Saturday. It's being held at Fetzer Field on UNC's campus. The parents of the team members have great gatherings before and after the games -- they won't be hard to find, and are also enthusiastic boosters during the games, between We Are cheers after every goal, fog horns, etc. However, they are in enemy territory, so it would be great to have some PSU alums from the Chapel Hill area there supporting the team as well. (Apex, I hope you make it to the game, and bring family and fellow alums with you.)

The winner of this game advances to the NCAA semifinals. The semis and the finals will be held next weekend at PPL Park, outside of Philadelphia.

We Are ... hoping this special group of ladies advances to the semifinals.

Tom

Reactions: Hotshoe
Gonna be really tough to win on the road, but our girls have been playing well enough lately that it wouldn't be a huge shock. It's too bad the game is not on TV somewhere -- I saw that the UMD/NW game is going to be carried on the BTN (of course, that's 2 Big Ten teams playing against each other).

ADVERTISEMENT