ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs Pitt basketball tonight on ESPN 3

PSU has given Chambers and extravagant amount of patience. We have given him every possible chance to succeed. Now he has to get it done.

I have never once said to fire Chambers and if we win this year, that's great, extend him. If we stink, after seven years, then yeah, my patience is at an end and it's time to go in a different direction.

You think he should get MORE time? What, does winning bother you?
If I were the AD, he'd still be the coach today. You said that it wouldn't happen at any other D1 school, and I disagree.

And if I were the AD, I'd assess his status again at the end of this season. I enjoy winning very much, which is why I'd make sure I think it all through before I blow it up and go thru yet another inevitable rebuild.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Dynamite half of hoops. Jones and Jerardi are gushing over the effort and power PSU is bringing. Exactly what we needed - get an overmatched team and bury them. Never let them get any ideas.

aTm is going to be a horse of a different story as far as ability - just bring the effort and some brain cells night after night and it will be a good year.

Not going there.....have never been there.....but that place called “The Lair” must be having nuclear meltdowns left and right.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Don't be dense. Pat has had more chances than Sodom and Gomorrah. We have a strong year, Pat gets an extension and it's onward and upward.

We stink and throw in another 5-13 and Pat gets the boot after SEVEN SEASONS. He won't have a bitch to make if we fail again. And nobody can say he didn't get a fair chance.

And of course I love Pat. Why wouldn't I? He was Jay's top assistant and lead recruiter (Jay of course was the closer) at Villanova - my alma mater - when we made the Final Four in 2009.

But let me say this - I love Penn State Basketball WINNING more than I love Chambers or Parkhill or any of them. It's the name on the front of the jersey that counts - not the name on the back.
Yeah, but you are complaining about Chambers when the team hasn't yet lost a single game this year... that tells me that you have already made up your mind. I don't think I'm being dense, just calling it like I see it.

I understand that the game is a blowout, and its pretty cool that Steph Curry is at the game, but do we really need to picture in picture of Curry watching the game? How about the stat that said Penn State was on a 13-0 run since Curry arrived? Completely irrelevant.

I understand that the game is a blowout, and its pretty cool that Steph Curry is at the game, but do we really need to picture in picture of Curry watching the game? How about the stat that said Penn State was on a 13-0 run since Curry arrived? Completely irrelevant.

Stat would've been interesting/humorous if it were a tie game when he arrived...but who cares that the lead went from 27 to 40.

It is pretty nuts that PSU was favored to beat Putt by 10 points. Boy the tables have turned. It is even more impressive to see the beatdown PSU is laying on them. At present they are up 38. Don’t care how bad Pitt is, when is the last time PSU beat a team from a major conference this convincingly?

The talent at PSU today is better than it has been at any point in time that I can recall. Lots of work to still be done. Will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes.

Gentlemen, I think we have a good basketball team at Penn State this year.
Let's not confuse good with great. And Oakland High is really that bad this year. But still, any time you beat any ACC team by that much...

Our starters looked really good today, albeit against an inferior opponent. However, because of the blowout, we got to see some extended minutes from the bench/new players. My inputs based on today's performance is as follows:

I was impressed with Bostick (great defense and driving to the hole), Wheeler (very calm and mature for a freshman) and Harrar (good size, hustle, and post play).

I was not impressed with:
Pierce was stiff, slow, bad hands and poor foul shooting. He is another J. Moore and will play only to be a big body when Watkins or a PF is on the bench.

Buttrick was frail looking, soft on D, bad hands, and missed some free throws. Buttrick is still young, so there is hope he can mature and develop.

Davis Zemgulis hustles but just never makes a play on offense or defense so he is just not built for BIG level play.

Our starters looked really good today, albeit against an inferior opponent. However, because of the blowout, we got to see some extended minutes from the bench/new players. My inputs based on today's performance is as follows:

I was impressed with Bostick (great defense and driving to the hole), Wheeler (very calm and mature for a freshman) and Harrar (good size, hustle, and post play).

I was not impressed with:
Pierce was stiff, slow, bad hands and poor foul shooting. He is another J. Moore and will play only to be a big body when Watkins or a PF is on the bench.

Buttrick was frail looking, soft on D, bad hands, and missed some free throws. Buttrick is still young, so there is hope he can mature and develop.

Davis Zemgulis hustles but just never makes a play on offense or defense so he is just not built for BIG level play.
Pierce is actually definitely worse than Moore. I feel much more confident with Moore than Pierce at this time.

Football: 33 - 14 (19 points) :eek:

Basketball: 85 - 54 (31 points) :eek:

What other sports do they play? Do they have wrestling and volleyball teams?

:eek:

Reactions: john4psu
Football: 33 - 14 (19 points) :eek:

Basketball: 85 - 54 (31 points) :eek:

What other sports do they play? Do they have wrestling and volleyball teams?

:eek:
I heard a pitter bragging on the radio that their women's volleyball team is great this year and might win the ACC. I sure hope our women get a shot at them sometime this year.

Just consider 29-78 in six seasons of play.

That is averaging out to 5-13.

FORTY-NINE GAMES UNDER .500. You know what that means? It means Pat could have winning seasons for the NEXT TWENTY FIVE YEARS if he went 10-8 every year, and at the end of that time, and at the end of 31 years, we would be ONE GAME OVER .500 in the B1G.

Absolutely mindboggling. There is no other school in America where Pat would have lasted like this, DeChellis or no DeChellis.
DICK!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT