ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs Pitt basketball tonight on ESPN 3

RIVALRY. GAME. :eek:

THEY. SHOULD. PLAY. EVERY. YEAR. :eek:
Wait, I thought Pitt was an RPI suck, on par with Akron? How will we make the tourney playing cupcakes like that? Besides, we don't want to fill their coffers everytime we play them at The Pete. :rolleyes:

Pitt must suck at basketball this year. Otherwise some of their trolls would be here thumping their virtual chests about how superior they are. I had no idea we even played Pitt in hoops this year but admittedly, I don't follow basketball in the slightest.

Pitt lost to Montana at home two days before Montana lost to us.

From what I understand, Pitt hoops this season is pretty much all new players. They are off to a bad start, but should improve as they play more. PSU fans hope they don't figure things out too quickly.

From what I understand, Pitt hoops this season is pretty much all new players. They are off to a bad start, but should improve as they play more. PSU fans hope they don't figure things out too quickly.

From what I understand their current coach has basically ruined their program.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Didn't realize it was part of a tourney at the Barclays Center. Winner gets Texas Tech / Oklahoma State winner, loser the other tomorrow. So reason to watch the Texas Tech / Oklahoma State game tonight which I believe is at 700.

Pitt is bad enough this season that it really shouldn't matter - although my guess is that Carr will play and Reaves will sit.
What happened to Reaves? I saw that he was hurt during shoot around so I assume it wasn't a contact thing.

As far as I'm concerned PSU needs all of it's players. They're not to the point where I feel good about winning with guys injured.

What happened to Reaves? I saw that he was hurt during shoot around so I assume it wasn't a contact thing.

As far as I'm concerned PSU needs all of it's players. They're not to the point where I feel good about winning with guys injured.
I think I read that he just landed on someone's foot during shoot around and rolled the ankle. It's not supposed to be any kind of long-term injury, but Carr's just had two more days to recover and probably could have gone Friday if they needed him to. That said, after I posted that I saw someone quote Steve Jones as saying that both will play tonight, so I could be wrong.

This is an important game for Penn State. Pitt is pretty dreadful. If we are going to make a move then we simply cannot have losses to dreck teams. No more losses to Radford and Albany and Charlotte and Duquesne. Teams that are serious just don't lose to those guys.

We finally have B1G athletes, we have enough talent to be a solid, mid-pack team. But we make a lot of low-basketball-IQ bonehead plays and too often we can't stand success. That shiz has to stop and tonight would be an excellent place to begin.

I love Pat and badly want him to be successful and for the Lions to have a good year. But if we lose to bad teams like Pitt, then sorry, he just can't stay around. If that is pressure, then let it be so. It's time, Pat. Past time.

This is an important game for Penn State. Pitt is pretty dreadful. If we are going to make a move then we simply cannot have losses to dreck teams. No more losses to Radford and Albany and Charlotte and Duquesne. Teams that are serious just don't lose to those guys.

We finally have B1G athletes, we have enough talent to be a solid, mid-pack team. But we make a lot of low-basketball-IQ bonehead plays and too often we can't stand success. That shiz has to stop and tonight would be an excellent place to begin.

I love Pat and badly want him to be successful and for the Lions to have a good year. But if we lose to bad teams like Pitt, then sorry, he just can't stay around. If that is pressure, then let it be so. It's time, Pat. Past time.
His best recruiting class are sophomores. You have to let him see this class through. This may still be one year too early.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY

The team is undefeated, albeit against cupcakes, and they haven’t even tipped off the game against Pitt. Why all of the negativity and consternation?

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
His best recruiting class are sophomores. You have to let him see this class through. This may still be one year too early.
With all due respect, and let me reiterate I'm a Pat fan, ehhhh . . . NO.

This is Year 7. We're 19 games under .500 overall and 29-78 in conference.

I know all about how idiot boy DeChellis destroyed the program and left behind a roster full of guys with one leg shorter than the other. All of that is correct.

Nobody can take one more year of misery. Nobody. Goof Curley isn't around anymore. We can replace Pat if we need to.

No more next year. Now. THIS year. Do not, do not, DO NOT lose to stinko Pitt. Do not do it. Get the W by any means necessary or else stay in Brooklyn.

With all due respect, and let me reiterate I'm a Pat fan, ehhhh . . . NO.

This is Year 7. We're 19 games under .500 overall and 29-78 in conference.

I know all about how idiot boy DeChellis destroyed the program and left behind a roster full of guys with one leg shorter than the other. All of that is correct.

Nobody can take one more year of misery. Nobody. Goof Curley isn't around anymore. We can replace Pat if we need to.

No more next year. Now. THIS year. Do not, do not, DO NOT lose to stinko Pitt. Do not do it. Get the W by any means necessary or else stay in Brooklyn.

FCL is absolutely right. Year SEVEN. That's unheard of with this kind of record. Time to beat bad teams, which Pitt is this year, and finish above 500 in conference play. If not--good bye.

I'm not a fan of Chambers per se but I'm willing to give him this year to win and show real improvement. If not, time to move on.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2FStallings-640x360.jpg

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
FCL is absolutely right. Year SEVEN. That's unheard of with this kind of record. Time to beat bad teams, which Pitt is this year, and finish above 500 in conference play. If not--good bye.

I'm not a fan of Chambers per se but I'm willing to give him this year to win and show real improvement. If not, time to move on.
Just consider 29-78 in six seasons of play.

That is averaging out to 5-13.

FORTY-NINE GAMES UNDER .500. You know what that means? It means Pat could have winning seasons for the NEXT TWENTY FIVE YEARS if he went 10-8 every year, and at the end of that time, and at the end of 31 years, we would be ONE GAME OVER .500 in the B1G.

Absolutely mindboggling. There is no other school in America where Pat would have lasted like this, DeChellis or no DeChellis.

The time table to build/rebuild from where we were has to be generous. We're not going to buy a program. I like PC and I like this team. That said, I think his teams too often look like they don't have a clue when they have the ball.

FORTY-NINE GAMES UNDER .500. You know what that means? It means Pat could have winning seasons for the NEXT TWENTY FIVE YEARS if he went 10-8 every year, and at the end of that time, and at the end of 31 years, we would be ONE GAME OVER .500 in the B1G.

Absolutely mindboggling. There is no other school in America where Pat would have lasted like this, DeChellis or no DeChellis.
I have to admit I had no idea his record was that bad. Of course, I gave up on Penn State basketball years ago, but I feel badly for anyone who actually pays to watch this team play.

This PSU group is talented.. let's see what Pat does with them. We've got our local bar willing to let us connect our Ipad to one of the big screen tvs with an HDMI cable. As long as Carr and Reaves are playing, we're going to pound this Pitt team. Might even win by more than the football team did.

Right... and you are a huge fan of Pat Chambers... got it. It’s very easy to see that.

There are plenty of schools out there with a smart AD that would see the progress and still have him around today. When, I ask, would you have fired him? After year 5 when he had the best class in school history signed? After last year when those guys showed what the future offered if we stuck with Pat? Earlier?

Right... and you are a huge fan of Pat Chambers... got it. It’s very easy to see that.

You can be honest about someone and still root for them. I don't think Trace is a great QB or a future NFL QB but the kid is a leader and someone I'd say I'm a fan of. FCL is a fan of Chambers but that doesn't mean he has to be okay with losing

There are plenty of schools out there with a smart AD that would see the progress and still have him around today. When, I ask, would you have fired him? After year 5 when he had the best class in school history signed? After last year when those guys showed what the future offered if we stuck with Pat? Earlier?

He said, after this year...a lot of ADs would have fired him before year 5

He said, after this year...a lot of ADs would have fired him before year 5
He said "There is no other school in America where Pat would have lasted like this". I'd take that to mean that he wouldn't still be the head coach at any of the other 350 D1 schools with his results and progress to date.

Reactions: Sharkies
Don't be dense. Pat has had more chances than Sodom and Gomorrah. We have a strong year, Pat gets an extension and it's onward and upward.

We stink and throw in another 5-13 and Pat gets the boot after SEVEN SEASONS. He won't have a bitch to make if we fail again. And nobody can say he didn't get a fair chance.

And of course I love Pat. Why wouldn't I? He was Jay's top assistant and lead recruiter (Jay of course was the closer) at Villanova - my alma mater - when we made the Final Four in 2009.

But let me say this - I love Penn State Basketball WINNING more than I love Chambers or Parkhill or any of them. It's the name on the front of the jersey that counts - not the name on the back.

He said "There is no other school in America where Pat would have lasted like this". I'd take that to mean that he wouldn't still be the head coach at any of the other 350 D1 schools with his results and progress to date.
PSU has given Chambers and extravagant amount of patience. We have given him every possible chance to succeed. Now he has to get it done.

I have never once said to fire Chambers and if we win this year, that's great, extend him. If we stink, after seven years, then yeah, my patience is at an end and it's time to go in a different direction.

You think he should get MORE time? What, does winning bother you?

I think going 9-9, winning at least one game in the Big 10(14) tournament and making the NIT would be a successful season.

Seeing the BJC go down like the Georgia Superdome and replaced with a facility that had some personality would make it a spectacular year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT