ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs Michigan game thread

I love Hack, but if Franklin has a bigger perspective, he sits Hack next week fir the benefit of Hack. He got banged up today and Franklin needs to do the right thing for CH...not the program.

Reactions: EPC FAN
TD's vs FG's
IIRC Michigan's offense took the ball inside the PSU 30 only 3 times the entire game and scored TDs each time.

PSU's offense took the ball inside the Michigan 30 3 times and did not score a TD on any of them.

I thought after Jay left that, at least, watching offense at PSU wouldn't never be so painful and awkward again. OB was refreshing, now Donovon and I'm looking for Jay again....I'd settle for average offense at this point.

That pretty much puts it all into perspective with regard to the O- Jay would be an improvement...... I just threw up a little. II never thought I would ever say that. ;)

Reactions: mtnlion
The one thing I learned watching this game is that Hack is not ready for the NFL.

I have learned that Hack is not ready for PSU's offensive offense. I feel for him. I think this game ends it for Hack. I wish him well and thank him for sticking it out in a bad situation. It is time to move on and into a different type of offense.

Really, really sad that we could not give Hack the kind of support that he needed for his development. We can thank our "trustees."

Reactions: EPC FAN and eloracv
Nice game guys. You had me worried there.

At least having one of the youngest teams in the nation means your Nitt's future is brighter than for most.

See you next season and Go Blue!

It will not get better under Franklin. He is simply a LOUSY game day coach. Brock Huard has it right. He is simply over his head.

I think he's just a lousy coach. Ran into a decent scenario at Vandy with Matthews and Stacy, and rode them to bigger and better things.

It's not a bad thing. Happens all the time in coaching. Become the hot coach, get the payday, and watch reality set in....

I have learned that Hack is not ready for PSU's offensive offense. I feel for him. I think this game ends it for Hack. I wish him well and thank him for sticking it out in a bad situation. It is time to move on and into a different type of offense.

Really, really sad that we could not give Hack the kind of support that he needed for his development. We can thank our "trustees."

Hack truly took a beating at the end there. But, lets face the other truth. To become an NFL QB, you have to have been something of a leader and a hero at the college level...and on a regular, recurring basis.

He needs another year at this level to prove he can be those things.

We say these game plans have not fit his style. I won't disagree with that. If he stays, he needs to assert himself with regards to what the game plan is going to be, imo.

Last edited:
I love Hack, but if Franklin has a bigger perspective, he sits Hack next week fir the benefit of Hack. He got banged up today and Franklin needs to do the right thing for CH...not the program.

Not sure he would know to do that.....

QUOTE="Ten Thousan Marbles, post: 867701, member: 10246"]Hack truly took a beating at the end there. But, lets face the other truth. To become an NFL QB, you have to have been something of a leader and a hero at the college level...and on a regular, recurring basis.

He needs another year at this level to prove he can be those things.[/QUOTE]
He is gone. Why get beat up and not progress under clueless coaches?

Reactions: eloracv
Hack truly took a beating at the end there. But, lets face the other truth. To become an NFL QB, you have to have been something of a leader and a hero at the college level...and on a regular, recurring basis.

No. You couldnt be more wrong. Hack, under ridiculous circumstances, has demonstrated toughness and leadership....that being aside to his natural throwing ability.

Some team is going to get a good pick....in the 1st Round. Thank you Christian.

Reactions: eloracv and EPC FAN

What, and take more beatings like today? I'd get the hell away from these incompetents and take my chances with the NFL.

Reactions: WeR0206 and eloracv

Agree that he needs another year. It is strange b/c he showed those qualities under BOB. The question is: is he better off at PSU or another program? I hope he stays, but the kid has some decisions to make after the bowl game. Regardless of what he decides, he stuck with our program and has been a great ambassador. No off-field issues with him.

The future looks.... well, dim. Franklin looks to be out of his league. Going up against the coaching of OSU, UM, and MSU is a colossal mismatch.

Unless he does some great things at the Combine and at Pro Days, Hackenberg gets drafted in the second through fourth rounds and sits for two seasons learning before he's ready to start for an NFL team.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
The same old same old team & coaching staff showed up today. So many opportunities to make a BIG play were left on the field AGAIN today: Hack missing several gimme TDs / Carter's drop / fumbling a fair catch inside your own 10 yd line / dumb personal foul on Zettle / terrible time management / worse offensive play calling / dozens of missed tackles.

Michigan did not beat Penn State today.....Penn State beat Penn State today.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Nice game guys. You had me worried there.

At least having one of the youngest teams in the nation means your Nitt's future is brighter than for most.

See you next season and Go Blue!
Thanks...good luck against tosu. Just my opinion, your defense is better than the buck's.

The same old same old team & coaching staff showed up today. So many opportunities to make a BIG play were left on the field AGAIN today: Hack missing several gimme TDs / Carter's drop / fumbling a fair catch inside your own 10 yd line / dumb personal foul on Zettle / terrible time management / worse offensive play calling / dozens of missed tackles.

Michigan did not beat Penn State today.....Penn State beat Penn State today.

Agreed.

IIRC Michigan's offense took the ball inside the PSU 30 only 3 times the entire game and scored TDs each time.

PSU's offense took the ball inside the Michigan 30 3 times and did not score a TD on any of them.
We were inside the 10 three times. No touchdowns

Unless he does some great things at the Combine and at Pro Days, Hackenberg gets drafted in the second through fourth rounds and sits for two seasons learning before he's ready to start for an NFL team.
Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE="BobPSU92, post: 867968, member: 15408"]Correct. Huard did not say that Franklin was in over his head. Huard said "This team is not yet built for these moments".[/QUOTE]
He was being diplomativ. He cant say the O coaching sucks. Note he complimented the D ciaches.

1. Pathetic play calling inside the red zone. 3 straight off tackle runs on the first drive? How do you NOT go for 4th down and goal with 8:00 left? You're still gonna need a TD and if you miss, at least you back them up. But the shotgun on 3rd and goal at the 1 was a thing of beauty. All you needed was 1 yard vs NW and you couldn't get that. Same thing here. Spineless Franklin with those decisions.

2. If I'm Hack, I'm out. He won't get any better under this staff and they desperately want a mobile QB. He was a stud as a freshman because he had good coaching. He will not improve with this group.

3. First rule of punt returns - don't field the ball inside your 10. What good were you thinking of doing there Thompkins?

4. First guy I fire is Donovan for obvious reasons and the second guy I ax is Hand. This o-line has not improved much at all this season. Same mistakes over and over again. Great preparation during that bye week.

Reactions: NapaNit
We didn't lose the game because of play calling and we certainly didn't lose it because of officiating, we lost because Michigan simply has better players at most positions than we do this year. Maybe next year that will be different.
You don't think that different and creative play calling in the Red Zone might have won the game?

We didn't lose the game because of play calling and we certainly didn't lose it because of officiating, we lost because Michigan simply has better players at most positions than we do this year. Maybe next year that will be different.

We are never going to have better players than UM or tOSU. At best, we will be even. JF to this point is showing that both Meyer and Harbaugh are better coaches than he is. Unless something changes on our coaching competence level, we are going to have to be very lucky to beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT