ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs. Maryland thread - 7 PM (Friday, Jan. 7th)

Steveson manhandling Cass. 6-2 in first. Gable watching Gable from the stands.

Sunday, January 9:

Cleveland State at Kent State, 12:00 PM
Army West Point at Pittsburgh, 12:00 PM
Northern Iowa vs. Wyoming at South Dakota State, 12:00 PM (11:00 AM)
Binghamton at Virginia Tech, 12:00 PM
SIU Edwardsville at Buffalo, 1:00 PM
*Long Island at Columbia, 1:00 PM
Campbell at Presbyterian, 1:00 PM
*NC State at Princeton, 1:00 PM
Rutgers at Wisconsin, 1:00 PM (12:00 PM)

Wyoming at South Dakota State, 1:30 PM (12:30 PM)
Northwestern at Minnesota, 2:00 PM (1:00 PM)
Indiana at Penn State, 2:00 PM
Michigan at Pittsburgh, 2:00 PM

Binghamton vs. West Virginia at Virginia Tech, 2:00 PM
Bellarmine vs. Campbell at Presbyterian, 2:30 PM
Purdue at Iowa, 3:00 PM (2:00 PM)
Northern Iowa at South Dakota State, 3:00 PM (2:00 PM)
Bellarmine at Presbyterian, 4:00 PM
West Virginia at Virginia Tech, 4:00 PM
Northern Colorado at CSU Bakersfield, 5:00 PM (2:00 PM)

Reactions: mcpat
Good stuff folks. Thank you for the updates. Haven't posted in awhile, it's a much better site now that people can speak their minds without the self righteous slapping wrists. Roar move to the pay site?

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Iowa vs Minnesota:

*Marinelli wins close....looked tired
*KemDog looked solid against ranked guy
*Assad wins by major.....looked quick
*Warner wins a Warnerov match.....close but never looked like he would lose.
*Gable looked awesome. Much of Iowa crowd gives Gable standing ovation. Classy
*Ayala is QUICK. McKee pulled it out with a TD to back
*Desanto wins close....never in danger....was not happy after the match
*Eierman wins solid. Opponent shoots....Eierman scores
*Murin with a TD with 6 seconds left to beat Blockhus 3-1. Go Central Cambria!
*#4 Brayton Lee wins 4-3 over #12 Young. Young got a quick TD. Lee quick escape. Young quick escape to lead 3-1. Young got to 57 seconds of riding time before Lee escaped in the 3rd. Lee with TD at 30 seconds remaining. The last 30 seconds was fire. Lee held on ....literally for the victory. Punxsy Phil is sad. Lee and Young have wrestled 4 times. It is now 2-2 with every match being decided by 1 point. Fascinating. Some good matches

Last edited:
Good stuff folks. Thank you for the updates. Haven't posted in awhile, it's a much better site now that people can speak their minds without the self righteous slapping wrists. Roar move to the pay site?
wow. Haven’t seen you around here in quite sometime. Hope you are well.
Now we just need Lemonpie to make an appearance. Lol

#4 Brayton Lee against #12 Young. Young up 2-1 in the first.

Lmfao, kiss ass....
giphy.gif

Iowa was not impressive tonight.

Ayala loses to McKee for the 3rd time this season. DeSanto holds on but barely (7-5). Murin needs a TD to win in last 10 seconds. Eierman was mediocre with 6-2 win. Young snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Marinelli squeaks out a close win (6-5). Grandpa is back but failed to major. Warner edges Foy 6-4. And Cassioppi was taken to the woodshed.

7 wins but only one narrow bonus (Assad: 12-4) over the 14th ranked team.

Iowa was not impressive tonight.

Ayala loses to McKee for the 3rd time this season. DeSanto holds on but barely (7-5). Murin needs a TD to win in last 10 seconds. Eierman was mediocre with 6-2 win. Young snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Marinelli squeaks out a close win (6-5). Grandpa is back but failed to major. Warner edges Foy 6-4. And Cassioppi was taken to the woodshed.

7 wins but only one narrow bonus (Assad: 12-4) over the 14th ranked team.

They didn’t look that impressive tonight. I’ve been mostly having fun with it but keeping things in perspective. I sure know my team has had plenty of nights like the one Iowa had tonight and against lesser teams. Iowa is still in the thick of things…
Yep! People need to remember Iowa is solid. A damn good tournament from the Hawks with normal Wolverine slippage the Hawks can for the first time be the best second place team behind a Penn State Championship team. That is a significant move up the hierarchy ladder for the TnTs.

They didn’t look that impressive tonight. I’ve been mostly having fun with it but keeping things in perspective. I sure know my team has had plenty of nights like the one Iowa had tonight and against lesser teams. Iowa is still in the thick of things…

We haven’t looked impressive pretty much all year. Not pushing the panic button yet but

We haven’t looked impressive pretty much all year. Not pushing the panic button yet but

Go ahead and have a panic scream. It is good for the soul. Then just embrace what you already know. You guys were already going to finish second at best, and without Spencer no champs and the need for a good tournament to actually finish second.

Good for you and your objectivity. We both saw the same match. They won every match they were supposed to and were in 2 of the 3 matches they lost. They are a threat. I wish they were not......but they are.

Go ahead and have a panic scream. It is good for the soul. Then just embrace what you already know. You guys were already going to finish second at best, and without Spencer no champs and the need for a good tournament to actually finish second.

ADVERTISEMENT