ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs. Maryland thread - 7 PM (Friday, Jan. 7th)

149 BB vs Berkowitz

Berk shoots. Gets single. BB whizzers out. Then BB gets a leg and a quick finish. 2-0 BB 2:20 to go. RBY riding… let’s him up after maybe 30 secs ride. 2-1 BB. Head to head. Stalemate 1:20 to go. Berk with another good shot and takes BB down. BB reversal shortly after. 4-3 BB. Berk has been in deep twice and coverted once. BB riding after reversal. 4-3 BB with over a minute RT after one.

BB takes bottom to start second. Out in 20 secs, could have been sooner had he separated. But then Berk shoots and gets another TD. 5-5 now. BB escapes shortly after. 6-5 BB and RT now under a minute. BB upper body TD to back and the fall!

157 Negron vs Cordio

scramble early… no score. Negron was close. Decent action early. No score after a minute. Cordio shoots and gets TD at about 1:40 to go. 2-0 Cordio. Potentially dangerous. Restart and Negron out after maybe 20 secs. Negron gets ankle and quick finish. 3-2 now Negron. 50 secs to go. Negron working a tilt… getting swipes off and on. Gets a 4 count eventually. 7-2 Negron after one.

Cordio chooses bottom. Negron putting on a tough ride. Traps Cordio’s leg with his own. Flattened out now. Very tough ride. Trying hard for a turn. Hard to believe no stall call on bottom. Now a warning with 0:45 to go. Gotta have a second call… bottom doing nothing. Restart with 0:08 to go. Stalemate. Rides out 2nd period. 7-2 Negron. A ton of RT.

Negron takes bottom. Restart at 1:15. Negron was almost out but Cardio held on to a leg. Negron out with 1:10 to go. 8-2 now. Negron shoots… scramble…. Negron almost gets Cardio in danger but then finishes TD. 10-2 now. 11-2 finish with RT.

26-0 team score at the break.

I'm hearing Berge is has jumped and is parachuting in, he wants bonus points in his return!

Reactions: mcpat
…by the time I figured out the BTN+ I missed the 125# bout…are there any replays?…

Made it home to catch third period for Negron. Like this kid. What a story.
Am I reading it right that Berge up next? Wow what a great weekend!

Good to see RBY turning his opponent and multiple times. He can do the catch and release but working for back points and pins will be key come tournament time. Seems like the team might be focused on arm bars (and, to a lesser extent, tilts) the past few weeks. The first five guys were pretty comfortable with wrestlers in on their legs as well.

Reactions: diggerpup
They just announced that the claw has an exhibition after the main event. JB probably said this....apologies if so

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT