ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports PSU Volleyball picks up 2-time All-Big West transfer Kashauna Holmes

mralph59

Staff Writer
Staff
Nov 1, 2021
State College, Pennsylvania
Katie Schmumacher-Cawley took over officially for legendary coach Russ Rose a little more than a week ago, and now she's working in the transfer portal already.

Two-time All-Big West outside hitter Kashauna Williams is officially transferring to Penn State from Long Beach State. The team made it official Thursday. She had 452 kills in 2021.

Fills a huge need for the Nittany Lions, as four major contributors left via the portal after the 2021 season, including four-time All-American Kaitlyn Hord.

Katie Schmumacher-Cawley took over officially for legendary coach Russ Rose a little more than a week ago, and now she's working in the transfer portal already.

Two-time All-Big West outside hitter Kashauna Williams is officially transferring to Penn State from Long Beach State. The team made it official Thursday. She had 452 kills in 2021.

Fills a huge need for the Nittany Lions, as four major contributors left via the portal after the 2021 season, including four-time All-American Kaitlyn Hord.

WTF? Hord to Nebraska? WTF?

Curious, anyone here with any info on why all the portal exits?

Don't have any inside info or anything, but I'd chalk it up to new coach and transition period. A number of them were upper classmen, too, probably looking for a good shot at a title.

I would throw in that with redshirts and the free Covid year, many girls have finished their undergraduate degrees with eligibility left and they want to work on their graduate degrees at another school.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Russ recruited Williams pretty heavily when she was in high school, but she decided to stay home and go to Long Beach State. Glad she'll be here next season.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
I would throw in that with redshirts and the free Covid year, many girls have finished their undergraduate degrees with eligibility left and they want to work on their graduate degrees at another school.
Many academic disciplines require you to go to another school for a graduate degree as they want folks to be more balanced. That's one reason I did my graduate work at tOSU.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
ADVERTISEMENT