ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Talent vs. Pitt Talent, who's Better?

jbenedict

Nov 28, 2017
Went to game with a friend, He is a Pitt Homer, delusional,but very well versed on football. On the walk back to the car he was ranting about Nardog Etc... He went on to say "See I told you Pitt has the same kind of talent as Penn State." Of course I disagreed adamantly. He said, "look at the score." What does the board think? Does he have a point? Does it come down to coaching? By the way, my friend was whining like a little itch and I loved it.

Went to game with a friend, He is a Pitt Homer, delusional,but very well versed on football. On the walk back to the car he was ranting about Nardog Etc... He went on to say "See I told you Pitt has the same kind of talent as Penn State." Of course I disagreed adamantly. He said, "look at the score." What does the board think? Does he have a point? Coaching?
"very well versed in football"? Why, I think not. Is your friend blind by chance?

Reactions: ftlpsu and cavic
Went to game with a friend, He is a Pitt Homer, delusional,but very well versed on football. On the walk back to the car he was ranting about Nardog Etc... He went on to say "See I told you Pitt has the same kind of talent as Penn State." Of course I disagreed adamantly. He said, "look at the score." What does the board think? Does he have a point? Does it come down to coaching? By the way, my friend was whining like a little itch and I loved it.
Coaching

Went to game with a friend, He is a Pitt Homer, delusional,but very well versed on football. On the walk back to the car he was ranting about Nardog Etc... He went on to say "See I told you Pitt has the same kind of talent as Penn State." Of course I disagreed adamantly. He said, "look at the score." What does the board think? Does he have a point? Coaching?

Pitt obviously had a few things bounce the other way, but they got the vast majority of the breaks in that game. Their QB had a career day. Their receivers caught everything that came close. That hasn't happened for them, probably in a long time.

They had 2 fumbles bounce back to them. We dropped 2 (tough catch) interceptions. Didn't they lose like 8 TE's over the last 8 months, yet their TE makes one of the plays of the game. EDIT: Don't know the stats, but their punter appeared to have a REALLY good game too.

Look at the score of the 2016 game and compare how the seasons worked out.

Last edited:
Would have - could have - should have - but didn't. That is Pitt. They played a great game and executed a very good gameplan that no doubt was their mission in life these past months. Picket had to have a career day - he did....PItt had to catch some breaks and make some plays..they did. It was a near perfect Pitt storm but end the day they could not beat the Nits. The better team won period. Your friend is delusional and not very honest with his game assessment. Talent won out even with a great Pitt effort - maybe the best focus and effort from them all season.

Your friend is wrong. They have some talented players thats all.

Penn State didn't play their best. Pitt played their best. PSU won.. not sure how that isn't a result of having the better talent. Good to be in a close competitive game down the stretch and get a win. That will help as we move on with the rest of the season. The Pitt game will not define this season.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Big difference in talent, coaching, scheme which is indicated in the close score. There is simply no excuse for it. Oline, Dline, DE, Offense Scheme - we are young, new QB...same as every team in the country... With the talent we have, we should be a lot better.

Pickett started about 18 games Clifford 3. Pitt db's very experienced, but young rb's for PS show why they were 4star recruits.

I go back and forth on this. The decision making At times is beyond questionable and frustrating, but Franklin’s record is impeccable if you disregard his first few seasons where his players weren’t really playing yet. The only game they were legitimately beaten was at Michigan last year. That’s 1 game in 3+ years.

ADVERTISEMENT