ADVERTISEMENT

PSU students have begun camping out at stadium

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
According to something called Saturday Tradition dot com, Penn State students aren’t messing around. Hundreds of them are already camped outside Beaver Stadium in preparation of Saturday’s marquee matchup with Auburn and the pending arrival of College GameDay.
CJF has been calling for every seat to be filled and the voices to be loud. He may not be disappointed. This is going to be fun.

According to something called Saturday Tradition dot com, Penn State students aren’t messing around. Hundreds of them are already camped outside Beaver Stadium in preparation of Saturday’s marquee matchup with Auburn and the pending arrival of College GameDay.
CJF has been calling for every seat to be filled and the voices to be loud. He may not be disappointed. This is going to be fun.

Great to see the students back. Should be electric, biggest non-conference game since Bama. White-out, College Gameday ... Oh wait a minute, this is a bad thing. Screw ESPN, screw the recruits basking in the Gameday atmosphere, screw the national props... It's a math equation (spite+nose+face = no invitation to mensa)

I totally get the excitement with camping out and just the comradery and anticipation. It's one of those cool experiences to do while in college. I hope those kids live it up

But I'll say this... being in the first few rows kinda sucks for watching the game. It's an odd "prize" for the time spent waiting and you'd be better off being further back in the Paternoville line to get a better sightline. The benefits to being "first" or up front is I guess the increased chance to be on TV and just being able to say you've done it.

Reactions: 91Joe95
When I camped at Paternoville in 2005, we specifically aimed for the front row by the tunnel to high five the players and coaches as they came out. Yes, terrrrrible seats for watching, but just about the most immersive place you could be in the game. We did have a sick sightline for Troy Smith's headstand though haha.

In big scheme of things there are only a 15 - 18 tents setup. Not a great turnout so far.

I hope they're wearing their masks. Those tents aren't that big.

Cook me up a gruel omlet and tell me your best Samdusky joke you Smashmouth's uglier brother lookin Florida Marlins fan

Can someone help me out with a translation for this post? Googles California Marxist translator is down right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT