ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Rutgers Game Thread ...

He has plumbed new depths tonight. Wow.
And he closes it out with "Rutgers just needs a few more players, but they're going to be okay." He's a caricature. By the way, the final yardage totals were 549 - 87. Another massacre, similar to the Iowa game.

Reactions: Sharkies
And he closes it out with "Rutgers just needs a few more players, but they're going to be okay." He's a caricature. By the way, the final yardage totals were 549 - 87. Another massacre, similar to the Iowa game.

Rutgers is ok, for a division III team, or whatever they call those mediocre high school players now.

And it is just going to get better.

For not actually hitting Barkley with the baseball?

It was probably thrown by the best pitcher on the Rutgers baseball team knowing their level of athletic talent at Rutgers. He is apparently known for not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

Reactions: bluewhiteApos
and that's a wrap. PSU wins 39-0. Stevens nearly scored another TD before the clock ran out.

Nice performance by the team and the coaches, and super effort by the PSU fans at Rutgers.

Enjoy Thanksgiving, and get ready for MSU!

Happy Thanksgiving Tom. How about that Tommy Stephens - he's an incredible runner, he looks like he could go the distance virtually every time he takes off with it! Trace has more experience, but honestly I'm not sure we really lose all that much, if anything, on offense when Tommy comes into the game......ditto our fleet of Cadillac RBs behind Saquon. This team is getting better and they're fun to watch.....no doubt!

Happy Thanksgiving Tom. How about that Tommy Stephens - he's an incredible runner, he looks like he could go the distance virtually every time he takes off with it! Trace has more experience, but honestly I'm not sure we really lose all that much, if anything, on offense when Tommy comes into the game......ditto our fleet of Cadillac RBs behind Saquon. This team is getting better and they're fun to watch.....no doubt!
:rolleyes: Get a grip Bushy.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I'll interpret the retaining of redshirts to mean that Mahon and/or McGovern will be back next week, and that despite all of the coach-speak, Franklin really felt he didn't need more than a second-string OL to beat Rutgers. Otherwise it means:
  1. Franklin wants to gamble that there will be no more OL injuries, or ...
  2. Our up and coming stars in Menet/Fries are not marginally better than Gonzalez/Dowery, or ....
  3. Franklin doesn't think Rutgers game experience for Menet/Fries will make much difference at this point, should they have to play in one of the remaining games, or ...
  4. Franklin doesn't think we can win the conference championship, so no point in removing redshirts to prepare players, ...
Which is it?

I'll interpret the retaining of redshirts to mean that Mahon and/or McGovern will be back next week, and that despite all of the coach-speak, Franklin really felt he didn't need more than a second-string OL to beat Rutgers. Otherwise it means:
  2. Our up and coming stars in Menet/Fries are not marginally better than Gonzalez/Dowery, or ....
  3. Franklin doesn't think Rutgers game experience for Menet/Fries will make much difference at this point, should they have to play in one of the remaining games, or ...
  4. Franklin doesn't think we can win the conference championship, so no point in removing redshirts to prepare players, ...
Which is it?

Number 1

No Offensive turnovers although Trace threw a couple that coulda / shoulda been picked off.

Pretty impressive considering the weather conditions.

Which is it?

None of the above!

Reactions: mn78psu83
Which is it?
5. Franklin knows way more than you do.

I believe AWSs opinion is that you don't know what you are talking about. I 'd have to agree with AWS.

You don't like speculation either, so why come to a free message board? Why not stick to the Lions Den and get some real insider information? Perhaps we should gather opinions on the best lawn mower, or would that be too sensitive a subject?

Lion8286 and AWS: I would readily agree that Franklin knows more about his team than anyone posting here. He's doing a fantastic job.

But this is an internet bulletin board, and its primary purpose is for people to opine and speculate about PSU football. If the only people qualified to post here about the Lions were people who are more knowledgeable than CJF about this Lions team, then this Board could not exist. I think KnightWhoSaysNit is absolutely in the right on this issue.

Which is it?

"Some" of the above? :rolleyes::eek:o_O

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT