ADVERTISEMENT

PSU restaurant and bar Englewood Florida

PSU ice cream and much more. Hope to see you!

Www.thelighthousegrill.net

Owners are PSU guys
was also there my brother in law owns a house in rotonda west.. great atmosphere and the food was good.. only problem I had was that there was hardly any PSU memorabilia or signs up.. I think I saw maybe one small pic on the wall..

was also there my brother in law owns a house in rotonda west.. great atmosphere and the food was good.. only problem I had was that there was hardly any PSU memorabilia or signs up.. I think I saw maybe one small pic on the wall..
Well, we have a Nittany Lion statue under the Yueling sign. A metal WE ARE PENN STATE metal sign and a PSU schedule behind the bar. We do have tons os Michigan and Ohio State folks that come in, so I have to keep it somewhat low key

Well, we have a Nittany Lion statue under the Yueling sign. A metal WE ARE PENN STATE metal sign and a PSU schedule behind the bar. We do have tons os Michigan and Ohio State folks that come in, so I have to keep it somewhat low key

If you want to call your place a PSU Restaurant and Bar, there is no "low key!"

Reactions: francofan
My folks lived in Englewood about 25-30 years ago (hard to believe it was that long ago). Nice town. My mom worked at the Red Pelican on Beach Road, which I think is still a shop. I once made the mistake of walking from the beach lot down to Stump Pass on the Manasota Key side and back. Without proper sunscreen on my feet. Ouch!

Oddly enough, one of Mrs. KG's uncles lived there too and a number of her cousins still do.

My folks lived in Englewood about 25-30 years ago (hard to believe it was that long ago). Nice town. My mom worked at the Red Pelican on Beach Road, which I think is still a shop. I once made the mistake of walking from the beach lot down to Stump Pass on the Manasota Key side and back. Without proper sunscreen on my feet. Ouch!

Oddly enough, one of Mrs. KG's uncles lived there too and a number of her cousins still do.
Now I've got to check out where Englewood is located, I'm in Naples, probably too far. Several years ago we had Big Al's in the area and crowds would gather on Saturdays for PSU football. Previously I lived in the Ft. Lauderdale area and there was definitely a Penn State bar with a full standing Paterno cut out along with memorabilia, don't recall the name.

Now I've got to check out where Englewood is located, I'm in Naples, probably too far. Several years ago we had Big Al's in the area and crowds would gather on Saturdays for PSU football. Previously I lived in the Ft. Lauderdale area and there was definitely a Penn State bar with a full standing Paterno cut out along with memorabilia, don't recall the name.
It's about halfway between Sarasota and Ft. Myers.

How is the Englewood Beach area? Was just in Sanibel and are considering a place but quite pricey. Looks as though Englewood about an hour from Punta Gorda Airport w/ direct flights from Pittsburgh

How is the Englewood Beach area? Was just in Sanibel and are considering a place but quite pricey. Looks as though Englewood about an hour from Punta Gorda Airport w/ direct flights from Pittsburgh
You'd want to be on Manasota Key. There are a number of condos by the bridge at the south end and some other places up along the Key (it's pretty long). One of the fun things to do is to look for sharks teeth. Lots in that area. Some of it is busier than other spots. Some is pretty quiet. Mind you, it's been a few years since I've been there.

This topic has actually been already discussed a week or two ago on the board. I posted the location and name of the place back then, although it is really located in Grove City, FL next to the Stump Pass Marina. Been there and plan on returning as I live in South Sarasota on the border with Osprey, so it’s a nice drive down there traveling on Manasota Key.

When I saw Penn State Creamery ice cream on the menu, I knew that owner had to have been a Penn State grad, which our waitress confirmed.

It's about halfway between Sarasota and Ft. Myers.
South of Venice. As you travel South from Sarasota you pass through Osprey, Nokomis, Venice and then Englewood. Grove City is on the south end of Englewood.

This topic has actually been already discussed a week or two ago on the board. I posted the location and name of the place back then, although it is really located in Grove City, FL next to the Stump Pass Marina. Been there and plan on returning as I live in South Sarasota on the border with Osprey, so it’s a nice drive down there traveling on Manasota Key.

When I saw Penn State Creamery ice cream on the menu, I knew that owner had to have been a Penn State grad, which our waitress confirmed.

The bigger question , is he staying open later than 10. I know where it's located .

@nittanyjoe
In the area this weekend for a funeral , Wanted to stop by for the game, your listed hours have you closing at 10, tried calling and reached recording , hopefully you extend hours for games ??
It's a restaurant, not a bar. Go have a good dinner and find the PSU bar nearby.

South of Venice. As you travel South from Sarasota you pass through Osprey, Nokomis, Venice and then Englewood. Grove City is on the south end of Englewood.
As my folks lived in Englewood for over 10 years (as well as my wife's aunt and uncle), and I went there on my honneymoon, I once knew the area well. But it's probably been 20 years since we were there. I used to love looking for shark's teeth on the beach and going to Urbanek's in Venice for lunch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT