ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

I recruited Engr majors for a Fortune 50 company for 15 years. My employer values Princeton, and values PSU more.

That's also my experience as an engineer. The Princeton grads were solid. The PSU grads advanced more rapidly regardless of technical or mgmt career path.
This was my experience as well. I was executive sponsor for PSU recruiting for a $60B company for 10 years. Hired 20+ PSU grads every year. Largest campus target over that time… because PSU students came in motivated, socially balanced, well educated, not entitled. And fun. They outperformed most Ivy and other “elite” school grads.

Princeton has a phenomenal brand. End of the day, the student makes the difference.

This was my experience as well. I was executive sponsor for PSU recruiting for a $60B company for 10 years. Hired 20+ PSU grads every year. Largest campus target over that time… because PSU students came in motivated, socially balanced, well educated, not entitled. And fun. They outperformed most Ivy and other “elite” school grads.

Princeton has a phenomenal brand. End of the day, the student makes the difference.
My experience as well. I just retired earlier this year from a 6B corporation and they consistently targeted PSU graduates, over Ivy’s, the entire time I worked there and I’ve heard similar stories from colleagues at other large corporations.

When I see an Askren kid go to PSU, I'll believe it. Whether it be jealousy or anamous, I see him trying to steer kids elsewhere even after Missou. He definitely respects Cael, but he along with the rest of the Flo gang seen to have a PSU bug up their ass most of the time.

When I see an Askren kid go to PSU, I'll believe it. Whether it be jealousy or anamous, I see him trying to steer kids elsewhere even after Missou. He definitely respects Cael, but he along with the rest of the Flo gang seen to have a PSU bug up their ass most of the time.

He also jokes (“jokes”?) that he wants one of his kids to go to PSU to report back to him on what the secret sauce is.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
Who did Askren steer away?

Please allow me to add this. I recruited for a Fortune 500 company and I will second everything that has been said, and add that the State College kids communication skills, ability to think on their feet, how to apply the lessons of life and their college years were far superior to any of the book heads that attended elite colleges. I’ll also add this, I loved talking to D3 athletes. They had learned to compete while not being a man child. Their hustle, improvisation, their sense of fraternity, their willingness to learn , their willingness to assume risk made them much more valuable to corporate America than the kids that always had it easy.

of course, wrestlers are a different animal. They are not necessarily the biggest strongest tallest athletes in the building. Weight classes provide an even playing field. Here the toughest, hardest working, most dedicated athlete usually comes out on top. That’s why I love this sport. Corporate America loves that, too.

Last edited:
What weight does everyone think is our top priority for recruiting going forward?

For the next few years into the future, I’d assume Robbie and Davis have the 25-33 weights, Beau and SVN have 41-49, Perry, Kasak, Haines, Facundo in the middle weights, Barr and Ryder in the upper weights, and now it sounds like Kerk will hang around for heavyweight.

I’d assume maybe 125 in case Robbie and Davis both need to move up.

What weight does everyone think is our top priority for recruiting going forward?

For the next few years into the future, I’d assume Robbie and Davis have the 25-33 weights, Beau and SVN have 41-49, Perry, Kasak, Haines, Facundo in the middle weights, Barr and Ryder in the upper weights, and now it sounds like Kerk will hang around for heavyweight.

I’d assume maybe 125 in case Robbie and Davis both need to move up.
Definitely 125 and man would Lilledahl look good at PSU

I can promise its west but not Oklahoma to see AJ.

Update: if you're standing on the beach in NJ it would be to the west of there.

Why would I let you think the water is getting stagnant? If we know there's a high profile visit we can say, hey there's a high profile visit without saying who it is.

But you didn't tell us anything. So again I ask, why post anything?

Or Jim Mullen 🧐
Probably not Mullen if the 180-mi radius is correct. Montvale NJ is 240 mi from PSU, straight shot on I-80.

Blair, Seminary, and Malvern are all in. (Blair and Malvern barely so.)

So is Waynesburg, maybe Tan Tom should put Welsh on speed dial lol.

Reactions: Ja1339
Why would I let you think the water is getting stagnant? If we know there's a high profile visit we can say, hey there's a high profile visit without saying who it is.
I don't think anyone is relying on you to assure us that Cael and Co. have recruiting under control and moving forward.

• Haha
Reactions: Ski and Str8DBLz
Cael going for a little ride tomorrow... Ohhh where's he going? Be a mighty fine recruit if we get em!
images

I don’t care. When it comes to recruiting, bring on the rumors, innuendo, fake news, speculation, flight trackers, gossip- I will eat it up
Yeah, I think some of you guys are being a little hard on str8. He’s done some silly things in the past, but mostly has learned how to play the “insider” game. I love wondering who this commit might be—passes the time we’ll before the season begins.

As far as I am concerned Cael has high level recruit visits several times per month during hunting season. This is just one of many.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT