ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

I’m stunned, it is Sadulaev , he’s fleeing Russia with everything going on, will have 4 yrs collegiate eligibility n a sweet NIL deal
duh....Willie said he's a big boarder...no Saduleavs on the big board!!

"Out of left field" does not necessarily mean lower on the big board though, right. Christian Carroll would be out of left field as there has been no talk about him to PSU.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Kids like this who definitely are willing to come for little to no scholarship is part of what makes our room so great. Who knows also? Could be a huge diamond in the rough. I do know AJ would be a top recruit at the majority of schools.

Reactions: Jplions4
"Out of left field" does not necessarily mean lower on the big board though, right. Christian Carroll would be out of left field as there has been no talk about him to PSU.
This is something anyone is hearing. This could be a good addition.

#84 On Willie's Senior Big Board. Not ranked in top 20 at his weight entering season.
After looking into things, and listening to his interview, it seems he was wrestling up a weight to a weight and a half the last two years. It's pretty hard to beat the very best guys when you are 20 lbs lighter. He now walks around at 205, and at least early in his career at PSU he will target 197. Then will be the first time in his career where he is optimal for his size with a normal cut.

This coming year looks to be the first where he is 'closer' to his natural weight going 215 while still a bit undersized not having any cut. If he ends up running the table winning the NJ state championship, one would think he will run up Willie's board within his weight class to top ten, probably top 5. It will be fun to watch it play out. From his video, he is clearly committed all in, a hard worker and a high character kid. Pretty much a perfect fit for our program.

Then there is the fact that we targeted him as well. I don't see Cael chasing a lot of kids who are not in the top 20 in their weight class. Given Cael's eye for talent, I think there is a lot more to the story in terms of his potential, and despite his lack of top credentials, I get the sense he may be a diamond in the rough. Brings me back to those car commercials from the 70s, where the car is driving down a cobblestone street, with a diamond cutter in the back seat cleaving a priceless flawless diamond. A big tap with his hammer, while the camera zooms in on the tires bouncing all over the place. The interior remains riding smooth. A look through the jewelers loop, and he calls out "perfect" !"

Despite some early assumptions from me and others, I don't think the intent here is a room guy. Cael is a man of many talents. Most don't realize he is also a world class lapidarist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
giphy.gif

Reactions: goldenanimal
ADVERTISEMENT