ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Hell, I'll be a babysitter for Joe Sealey in State College. I'll probably be retired by the time he gets to school so I'll need something to do. Just give me mat side seats for my effort.
I could even bring him to Erie for a few months next summer and he could learn about what life will be like without that PSU degree.

giphy.gif
Is that iron sharpening iron?

Would love to know what the definition of soon is with regards to the commitment change. Year would help too.

Any McGowan hints?
I was not trying to imply that it was a done deal or anything, only that since nobody knew what was going on with him, they were wondering. He's going about the process, has seen PSU and got to know the team and culture and obviously likes us a lot. My guess and my guess only is it's PSU against the Ivies.

In NCAA championships won, probably by quite a significant number.
I recently revisited the “dual of the century,” using that measure of individual titles, and frankly, the eventual numbers diminish the dual a bit. 12 for PSU (excluding 3 for Nolf) and 5 for the tanners. Of course Lee or Pletcher would have had one in 2020 most likely, not to speak of Moore, Cenzo, and Mark.

Good point, Cael has options as our needs aren’t pressing, good to be the king
I thing Manville is a good kid, and have had the chance to know him fairly well. But, I'm not sold on him as a great college wrestler just yet. I believe that he'll be 20 as a frosh and will have a lot more miles on him than most by the time he hits a D1 lineup, and that combo doesn't always work out as well as people think. I hope that I am wrong on that one, and he has the tools so just make make me eat this post.

Sealy keeps growing on me though. I think he's gonna be special.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
I thing Manville is a good kid, and have had the chance to know him fairly well. But, I'm not sold on him as a great college wrestler just yet. I believe that he'll be 20 as a frosh and will have a lot more miles on him than most by the time he hits a D1 lineup, and that combo doesn't always work out as well as people think. I hope that I am wrong on that one, and he has the tools so just make make me eat this post.

Sealy keeps growing on me though. I think he's gonna be special.
Sealey is the gem of the class but if he ends up 57-74 it’s super difficult to see that lineup fit.

Sealey is the gem of the class but if he ends up 57-74 it’s super difficult to see that lineup fit.
I don't know. 2 years behind Facundo and a redshirt. We are pretty thick across those weights, but someone will probably grow beyond current expectations. If he is as good as many think he is, it would become someone else's problem. :)

I think Manville is a good kid, and have had the chance to know him fairly well. But, I'm not sold on him as a great college wrestler just yet.
I have a hard time giving him a fair shake as well. Its tough not to view through the lense colored by big brother. One thing is for sure, he just keeps winning. The other three are going to be near the top of the P4P for that class, and I want them all.

As of 7/1, Sealey had a list of "around 8 schools" but didn't want to share that list or narrow it until after Worlds.

He has trained with the Tar Heel WC, so that's one likely school. After that, we'll find out soon enough.

Reactions: Sullivan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT