ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

I’ve been a big fan of Sealey for quite awhile but there just isn’t a fit here unfortunately. He says he sees himself as 165 which I think most here see Levi at in a couple years. As good as Sealey is I don’t think anyone puts him above Levi. If Levi stops growing and stays at 157 well then that’s a whole different conversation.

I’ve been a big fan of Sealey for quite awhile but there just isn’t a fit here unfortunately. He says he sees himself as 165 which I think most here see Levi at in a couple years. As good as Sealey is I don’t think anyone puts him above Levi. If Levi stops growing and stays at 157 well then that’s a whole different conversation.
Isn't a fit? With a redshirt and the fact that he is still growing. There will be a place for him in 3 years, especially if he can win the slot even if there is a body ahead of him. No way we pass on this kid if he wants to go to PSU.

Then there is also the little factor that I suspect every class #1 P4P isn't too worried about starting, no matter whom might be ahead of him. These kids are wired to take what they want.

Last edited:
Isn't a fit? With a redshirt and the fact that he is still growing. There will be a place for him in 3 years, especially if he can win the slot even if there is a body ahead of him. No way we pass on this kid if he wants to go to PSU.
He says he is a 165. Needs to grow a little to get there but he has Olympic aspirations so wrestling at 165 is what makes the most sense for him. Levi will be our 165 in a couple years. Do you see him beating Levi? Maybe he does but one of them would have to sit and there is no way a kid like that sits the bench even if it’s just a year. With redshirts and greyshirts I think there would still be 1 year where an absolute stud doesn’t see the lineup. I’m sure people will say to just have Levi go up again but there is Facundo and Barr. The only way it makes sense lineup wise is if one of them can hold 157. That being said if he wants to come to PSU you absolutely take him in a heartbeat! The kid is incredible. It just doesn’t make sense lineup wise though and I’m sure he has a much clearer path to the starting lineup at other top schools. Maybe you are seeing the lineup differently than I am and if so please lay out how you see it working because I would love to have him at PSU

He says he is a 165. Needs to grow a little to get there but he has Olympic aspirations so wrestling at 165 is what makes the most sense for him. Levi will be our 165 in a couple years. Do you see him beating Levi? Maybe he does but one of them would have to sit and there is no way a kid like that sits the bench even if it’s just a year. With redshirts and greyshirts I think there would still be 1 year where an absolute stud doesn’t see the lineup. I’m sure people will say to just have Levi go up again but there is Facundo and Barr. The only way it makes sense lineup wise is if one of them can hold 157. That being said if he wants to come to PSU you absolutely take him in a heartbeat! The kid is incredible. It just doesn’t make sense lineup wise though and I’m sure he has a much clearer path to the starting lineup at other top schools. Maybe you are seeing the lineup differently than I am and if so please lay out how you see it working because I would love to have him at PSU
^
This (plus Van Ness/Kasak may be at 157)
First World Problems 😎

We're in luxury recruiting mode for the most part at middleweights. It's what happens. Sometimes a lot of studs are around one weight and we won't get them all. There's a reason Kemerer and Hidlay were in our backyards and were upper AA level guys their entire career but didn't come to PSU. We were set at their weights with Nolf, Cenzo and Hall.

Sealey is a Top PFP kid that I want badly. We're in pretty good shape around 157/165 but it won't stop Cael from recruiting him obviously if he thinks he's a sure hammer and I doubt it'd stop the kid from considering here. I have talked to a parent before of a kid who was recruited by Cael at a weight where there is a logjam. I'll just say, Cael knows exactly what to tell a recruit/parents about lineup worries (and it certainly isn't promising a starting spot). Ultimately, this prospect didn't commit to PSU because he was offered much more money elsewhere (not because he was worried about not starting 4 years) but key point is Cael has a plan always (duh lol)

Anyways, Sealey is Class of 2024, he has quite a while. He has a Top 8 that he isn't even announcing yet anyways. Cliche as it sounds also, he also doesn't strike me as a kid that's worried about someone else being at a weight if he believes he's Olympic Gold material.

It was Aden Valencia to Stanford. Commit happened a bit early.
It would be great if this thread was strictly dedicated to PSU recruiting speculation and confirmations only. I know it's hard to believe, but not every post Willie makes on Twitter is about PSU. The non-PSU commits can get buried and lost in other threads. TIA

He lives like a hour from Minnesota and obviously Minnesota's track record for heavyweights is very good but since Gable is moving on from wrestling, our practice partners are much better (though obviously Zillmer is no slouch now) Academics and Family Atmosphere? Check on that. Definitely feel he is the priority heavy for Cael at this point (did we cool on Mullen at all?)

Reactions: Jplions4
He lives like a hour from Minnesota and obviously Minnesota's track record for heavyweights is very good but since Gable is moving on from wrestling, our practice partners are much better (though obviously Zillmer is no slouch now) Academics and Family Atmosphere? Check on that. Definitely feel he is the priority heavy for Cael at this point (did we cool on Mullen at all?)
Doubt this is any reflection on Mullen.

Makes sense to recruit Hopke (as the top HWT target in the next class) until Mullen chooses. Don't lose out on Hopke because you waited too long.

Reactions: Ski and backdrft76
Hopke will be better than Mullen. He needs to be the heir apparent after Kerk. A MUST GET.

As for the Gable Minnesota connection and legacy, I recall one PSU heavy beating him, twice. A testament to what is possible in Cael's room.

Hopke will be better than Mullen. He needs to be the heir apparent after Kerk. A MUST GET.

As for the Gable Minnesota connection and legacy, I recall one PSU heavy beating him, twice. A testament to what is possible in Cael's room.
Hopke > Mullen based upon what?

Season 18 Episode 3 GIF by The Simpsons

ADVERTISEMENT