ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

I just heard this tonight at club and didn’t think it could be close to be true. Heard that Gibson is transferring to Becca and verbally to PSU soon. I guess the rumor had some substance. I guess his dad is in the army and moving jobs.
Lol the PSU part may very well m end up true… The BECAHI part is funny. He can’t compete in PIAA post season until senior year (and he may be foregoing that year to train full time at an RTC related to his college choice)… He was wearing a BECAHI sweatshirt in a photo with Kasak on Twitter- who gave it to him- so somebody may have assumed. But that’s not the case.

They aren’t moving to the valley.

Lol the PSU part may very well m end up true… The BECAHI part is funny. He can’t compete in PIAA post season until senior year (and he may be foregoing that year to train full time at an RTC related to his college choice)… He was wearing a BECAHI sweatshirt in a photo with Kasak on Twitter- who gave it to him- so somebody may have assumed. But that’s not the case.

They aren’t moving to the valley.
Has wrestling entered the fake news fact check business....

You guys see Gibson as a 125 or 133 in college?ill assume 125 at that height

Jealous of this kids opportunities. If I was him I would say screw the PIAA and just train at NLWC. You could wrestle the local dual schedule or wrestle with Robbie Howard, RBY & company. When I was in 8th grade I didn’t even know a D1 wrestler. He is training daily with them.

What ever happened to M-McGowan deciding 'soon' after this March post. We are in his top 6.

With Howard's shoulder giving him problems the last two events, I think we need this kid big time!!!

Come on NIL, let's get this little big fish reeled into the boat.

Last edited:
What ever happened to M-McGowan deciding 'soon' after this Match post. We are in his top 6.

With Howard's shoulder giving him problems the last two events, I think we need this kid big time!!!

Come on NIL, tell this little big fish in

Who knows what soon means for kids. Guessing he has visits to take, haven't heard about him popping up on campus yet.

To be honest, I think we're good waiting a bit because I really like Lilledahl in the 2024 class to be honest.

What does offered mean? Those schools couldn’t of offered him. How could they even discuss that stuff at this point
i am unsure if limiting yourself to three schools is intelligent. It would suck if none of those three have room or would pursue him. Not a wise thing to do in my opinion.
Why limited yourself this early. Someone told me his brother made a verbal the first day too

What does offered mean? Those schools couldn’t of offered him. How could they even discuss that stuff at this point
i am unsure if limiting yourself to three schools is intelligent. It would suck if none of those three have room or would pursue him. Not a wise thing to do in my opinion.
Why limited yourself this early. Someone told me his brother made a verbal the first day too
I guess offered to him means he can join the team. You're right, I doubt scholarship has been discussed anywhere (though it's irrelevant at Cornell, since they only do aid based packages) Obviously I'm sure he's talking extensively to the coaches and knows he has spot but definitely hasn't been made a formal scholarship offer yet.

I’d be very curious what sort of financial package Gibson would get from PSU. From what I know of their structure and what I’ve seen of Gibson, I can’t imagine it would be a huge number.

Reactions: Ski
He can't receive any athletics offers until Wednesday.

In practical terms, Mason should have a decent idea of what offers he's likely to get next week. Erik was recruited by all of those school (and more), so unless they threw out those offers ...

Still, if I were him, I'd delete that tweet stat.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I’d be very curious what sort of financial package Gibson would get from PSU. From what I know of their structure and what I’ve seen of Gibson, I can’t imagine it would be a huge number.
Seeing how Cael is notorious for being a late contacter. I can't imagine a cent has been offered.

I just heard this tonight at club and didn’t think it could be close to be true. Heard that Gibson is transferring to Becca and verbally to PSU soon. I guess the rumor had some substance. I guess his dad is in the army and moving jobs.
“at club”?

Reactions: BrockBronson

Penn State​

Carson’s Pick: #7-Rune Lawrence, PA

Why: 197 is Penn State’s largest need in the 2024 class as Aaron Brooks graduates. A commitment in this class will likely be needed to start right away, so Penn State will look to secure an elite prospect here. Rune Lawrence of Frazier, Pennsylvania is one of the best prospects at the weight alongside Zack Ryder of New York. If Penn State turns on the heat for the in-state star in Lawrence, they will be especially hard to beat.

Willie's Take: I'm high on Lawrence, too and Carson's right: 197 is the most immediate need. I'll just add two things - 1) #5-Zack Ryder should be in play here, as well. 2) PSU needs a HWT plan for post-Kerkvliet. They know by now if they want Mullen and where they stand with him. If he's not in the cards, Cael needs to be on the horn with #4-Koy Hopke (WI) or #14-Carter Neves (OH), (who has already given a 'soft verbal') at midnight. It's still early yet, so I'm not sure if he'll be 197 or 285, but #26-Nate Taylor might end up being the best of the bunch. He'd flourish in that room.

Ok, one last thing - in light of Robbie Howard re-injuring that shoulder of his, I'd expect PSU to add down low. Either #3-Mark Anthony McGowan (NJ) from the Class of 2023 or #2 from this class, Luke Lilledahl (MO).

@CSauertiegPSU alluded to it before but based on recent performances (and don't get me wrong, I still think he's great), how Cael typically recruits (he likes waiting to see a kid finish junior year often times to see if maybe he peaked early and/or how much they grow) and what we have in the lineup for the next few years, I have a hard time imagining Cael offered him any money yet. Obviously he's more than welcome to join the team so hopefully that is what he meant.

@CSauertiegPSU alluded to it before but based on recent performances (and don't get me wrong, I still think he's great), how Cael typically recruits (he likes waiting to see a kid finish junior year often times to see if maybe he peaked early and/or how much they grow) and what we have in the lineup for the next few years, I have a hard time imagining Cael offered him any money yet. Obviously he's more than welcome to join the team so hopefully that is what he meant.
You just described Carter Starocci situation. Genius.

Also because coaches cannot offer him anything until Wednesday.

Yes, but with NIL, we/BWI can now contact him today and say "we will gladly pay you today for a hamburger on Tuesday".

Following his brother and with them losing the PIAA, he will go early. Smart move on his part.

I believe I’ve said it before but, Gibson at Cornell makes a ton of sense given Mike Grey’s track record of developing lighter weight guys and his older brother Eric already being there. Maybe he develops into an one or multiple time NQ/AA or maybe he is a Freddy Stroker and is a notable recruit who doesn’t make many waves in college. Time will tell

Gibson seems far too obvious, plus it would mean a lot less guessing game tweets.

So I'm guessing Sasso.

ADVERTISEMENT