ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

I believe you.

headache-al-bundy.gif

I don't think we get Sasso for a whole host of reasons -- not the least of which is, we didn't pursue his brother. Never say never I guess, but this isn't something I'd pin much hope on.

In any case, no rush to get a 197 now. If Brooks doesn't go up, there's time to see how much Barr might grow. Cochran or Ball would probably be adequate for at least a year, maybe longer.

Lawrence (2024) is going up to 195 this year. Hopefully he will face Sasso at some point. (Unfortunately it can't be at Hershey, and Nazareth isn't going to Powerade.)

Correa (2025) might be the best future option. 182 National Preps champ as a freshman. But 2025 is a long time from now.
I didn't realize we didn't recruit Sasso's brother. Has this ever been discussed? 😉😒😭

Willie said on his show today that Carter Neves was the second guy. Says he is a soft verbal to PSU.

Reactions: Maddog
I’m thinking that’s why it’s a soft verbal and not a for sure thing. Probably waiting to see what Mullen ends up doing before he fully commits
That would also explain Willie's comment about the 2nd commitment being "complicated."

The way Willie explained it was Neves told him he was committing, said he could announce it after he won trials, he took 2nd, Willie asked him if he wanted him to put it out there still, he basically said yes, but he was not going to announce as the dad is not really into the self promotion that comes with it. Hence Willie said he is a soft verbal.

Gibson slipping to #16 is interesting. For a guy that's been consensus #1 in that class, that's quite a drop.

Gibson is still very good and placed at World team trials. But he isn’t the #1 pound for pound anymore. Only time will tell but still could be a great career ahead.
I see Cornell with his brother and probably a great fit.

Cornell does make sense for MG at the moment. Looks like he could go anywhere from 125-157 depending if he has a growth spurt before graduation. Mike Grey could probably make a solid NQ/AA out of him

Now that we’ve landed Kasak, it’s time for McGowan and Mullen to come join the party 🎉 😎
If one of them or even better both of them signed we would take the recruiting title from tOSU. Barr is number 8, Davis is 16, and Kasak is 25 I believe. Mullen is 7 and McGowan is 11. Having 4 or 5 in the top 25 p4p would be pretty nice. I know both have PSU on their list. Who do you think is more likely and who would you rather have? I think I’ll go with McGowan because having a 1-2 punch of him and Davis at 125-133 would be killer. I know heavy is probably the toughest weight to recruit elite talent but if we miss on Mullen it sounds like Neves would probably commit and I think that kid is a stud. Can’t go wrong either way though

Reactions: Ja1339
If one of them or even better both of them signed we would take the recruiting title from tOSU. Barr is number 8, Davis is 16, and Kasak is 25 I believe. Mullen is 7 and McGowan is 11. Having 4 or 5 in the top 25 p4p would be pretty nice. I know both have PSU on their list. Who do you think is more likely and who would you rather have? I think I’ll go with McGowan because having a 1-2 punch of him and Davis at 125-133 would be killer. I know heavy is probably the toughest weight to recruit elite talent but if we miss on Mullen it sounds like Neves would probably commit and I think that kid is a stud. Can’t go wrong either way though

Unless I'm missing something, you may have recruiting classes mixed up. tOSU's monster class (Mendez, Feldman, Bouzakis, Shumate, etc) was class of 2022. Kasak, Barr, Davis, Mullen, and McGowan are all class of 2023. Even if PSU somehow lands all five, one probably would still give the edge to the tOSU class of 2022, with three guys in the top 5 P4P.

tOSU also has a nice start to the 2023 class (Welsh and Kilkeary), but that 2022 class was ridiculous.

Unless I'm missing something, you may have recruiting classes mixed up. tOSU's monster class (Mendez, Feldman, Bouzakis, Shumate, etc) was class of 2022. Kasak, Barr, Davis, Mullen, and McGowan are all class of 2023. Even if PSU somehow lands all five, one probably would still give the edge to the tOSU class of 2022, with three guys in the top 5 P4P.

tOSU also has a nice start to the 2023 class (Welsh and Kilkeary), but that 2022 class was ridiculous.
Yeah I know the classes are different years but in their minds and banners they are the undisputed recruiting champions! I just don’t think they will be able to claim that self appointed title in 2023. My joke was probably just really poor though because in 2023 many schools will be ahead of them. I just hope we get 1 or both of those 2 guys and we then challenge Iowa for the top class.

Yeah I know the classes are different years but in their minds and banners they are the undisputed recruiting champions! I just don’t think they will be able to claim that self appointed title in 2023. My joke was probably just really poor though because in 2023 many schools will be ahead of them. I just hope we get 1 or both of those 2 guys and we then challenge Iowa for the top class.
ohio state NEVER!!

ADVERTISEMENT