ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

MI postseason preview. Davis is a clear favorite to win states.

Barr has a major obstacle -- 2x 189 champ and Iowa State commit Manny Rojas has dropped to 171. Rojas took 3rd at Illinois Matmen (aka Son of Midlands) this year. That may be the best postseason matchup at any weight across the country.

Iowa commit running from a PSU commit hmmmmmm

DISAGREE IF YOU CANT WRESTLE WITHOUT IN INJURIES THEN YOU CANT TRAIN THE YOUNGER ONE USUALLY DIDNT NEED A WHOLE MATCH TO WIN!!LOL
giphy.gif

The plot thickens when we land McGowan and Kasak.
I have a pretty good insider on some D11 kids. I might see him in next week. I'll ask him about Kasak. He's the same guy that told me Crookham to Lehigh was going to happen. I'll let you know if I get anything of interest.

I have a pretty good insider on some D11 kids. I might see him in next week. I'll ask him about Kasak. He's the same guy that told me Crookham to Lehigh was going to happen. I'll let you know if I get anything of interest.
IIRC Willie said a few weeks ago that Kasak is down to PSU and Nebraska.

No announcement yet means there likely won't be one until after states. Most kids put recruiting on the back burner during the postseason, eliminate distractions.

That's probably good news for us. Once the season ends, Kasak's weekend commutes to M2 will resume.

IIRC Willie said a few weeks ago that Kasak is down to PSU and Nebraska.

No announcement yet means there likely won't be one until after states. Most kids put recruiting on the back burner during the postseason, eliminate distractions.

That's probably good news for us. Once the season ends, Kasak's weekend commutes to M2 will resume.
I agree Jefe,

but Nebraska is truly a threat here, Bryan Snyder (Willies best friend) is always working on these D-11 kids , great assistant coach and recruiter with the deepest of lehigh valley connections obviously. He got Labriola to come to Lincoln from the Golden Hawks

I agree Jefe,

but Nebraska is truly a threat here, Bryan Snyder (Willies best friend) is always working on these D-11 kids , great assistant coach and recruiter with the deepest of lehigh valley connections obviously. He got Labriola to come to Lincoln from the Golden Hawks
and Condomitti from Northampton, and PInto from Stroudsburg. No doubt a threat with D11 kids.

Reactions: jschrantz
and Condomitti from Northampton, and PInto from Stroudsburg. No doubt a threat with D11 kids.
Jefe who were those brothers who came out of northern Lehigh back in the late 90s they were pretty good. I guess all the small schools with a couple great wrestlers are now losing them to beca and the like

Jefe who were those brothers who came out of northern Lehigh back in the late 90s they were pretty good. I guess all the small schools with a couple great wrestlers are now losing them to beca and the like
Drawing a blank ... maybe the Hluschaks in the early 2000s?

Some degree of that but overall seems cylical to me.

The places where this is less cylical are the long depressed rural areas suffering population loss and having less resources. The Allentown area is growing outward considerably and there's tons of talent; the nearby schools will have their turns over the years. North Schuylkill may never be what it was with the Cesaris.

Reactions: dunkej01

The places where this is less cylical are the long depressed rural areas suffering population loss and having less resources. The Allentown area is growing outward considerably and there's tons of talent; the nearby schools will have their turns over the years. North Schuylkill may never be what it was with the Cesaris.
Herzog brothers. Remember watching them at states back then. Miss hearing about the smaller schools in that district. Northern Lehigh and Penn Argyll. Penn Argyll kids used to come into states with eight or nine losses and then toss kids around. Remember a dad from that school told me all his kids losses came to the other big district eleven powerhouses back then which were Easton Northhapton and Whitehall among others. They also had the best singlets at states hands down. Black with green four leaf clover lol

The Hluschak's went to Northern Lehigh. I think there were 3 brothers. They also played football and were on couple of teams that made states. Their coach on football team was Hall of Fame Jim Tkach, who's son Bo was good friends with Hluschak's. Bo committed suicide, and for the people that know the whole story it truly was a horrific event for Coach Tkach. The Coach became apublic speaker on youth mental health issues.
One of the Hluschak's was hired as teacher and assistant wrestling coach for Bangor. He left a few years later for another teaching job.
Sometimes Northwestern Lehigh gets confused with Northern Lehigh. Northwestern had the Snyder and Clymer brothers during that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: kevin310
Herzog brothers. Remember watching them at states back then. Miss hearing about the smaller schools in that distric
Herzog brothers. Remember watching them at states back then. Miss hearing about the smaller schools in that district. Northern Lehigh and Penn Argyll. Penn Argyll kids used to come into states with eight or nine losses and then toss kids around. Remember a dad from that school told me all his kids losses came to the other big district eleven powerhouses back then which were Easton Northhapton and Whitehall among others. They also had the best singlets at states hands down. Black with green four leaf clover lol
Pen Argyl had a nice run on very talented individuals. Jim Santo along with a few other very solid coaches ran the Pen Argyl youth program for a number of years. They had a great feeder program with a few State Champs. Mikey Ricciato being a 3 timer.
Pen Argyl and Bangor had lost some talent to Pius X (ex.Sasha & Communale) ,before it was closed by Allentown Diocese. Now that talent is going to other Private schools.I believe BECAs Nate Desmond lives in Wind Gap and most likely would be in Pen Argyl District. The LaPenna kid for Notre Dame GP would be in Bangor District.

Last edited:
I agree Jefe,

And Nebraska got another PA recruit in Van Dee this year as well

I'll say it again......If young Gibson is not wrestling 125 at this height......he is not starting for PSU. So.....your goal is clear........get taller :)
Very talented but that height scares me. I bet Hildabrant is 8-10 inches taller than him

Gibson has got to be under 5 feet tall looking at that pic.. What is he currently wrestling at weight wise?

looked up and see 132 this year.. if he can hold 25/33 and not bump up the height may not get in the way.. beyond that I think length will be a real issue..

Reactions: fronk71
Gibson has got to be under 5 feet tall looking at that pic.. What is he currently wrestling at weight wise?

looked up and see 132 this year.. if he can hold 25/33 and not bump up the height may not get in the way.. beyond that I think length will be a real issue..
The wall enables an easy comparison: Levi's chin is even with the top of the wall. Mason's head is above that line (not including hair height).

The average adult head is 8+ inches tall. For Mason to be under 5 ft, Levi would have to be below 5-6.

Who here thinks Levi is below 5-6?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT