ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

thread-sucks.gif

Yeah, I think some of you guys are being a little hard on str8. He’s done some silly things in the past, but mostly has learned how to play the “insider” game. I love wondering who this commit might be—passes the time we’ll before the season begins.
To be fair, it wasn't claimed to be a commit, just a visit and a "mighty fine recruit if we get him."

Doing a little sleuthing:
- 180 mi radius
- not NY or MD
- "mighty fine recruit"
- 2023 or 2024 (Cael can't visit 2025 yet)

It's a really short list: Lilledahl and Lawrence. I was joking about Welsh but he would qualify too.

Arguably: Neves, Motyka, Harer, Kinney.

Maybe someone in NJ other than Blair, but so little of the state is within that radius, somebody else can check names there. (Bergen Catholic and St. Joe's are out of range.)

Yeah, I think some of you guys are being a little hard on str8. He’s done some silly things in the past, but mostly has learned how to play the “insider” game. I love wondering who this commit might be—passes the time we’ll before the season begins.
We KNOW he’s got good info, thats been proven,but why post “ I know sumpin” for any other reason but to claim six weeks from now that you broke the news.

I really DGAS, just wish he wouldnt do it here. If I wanted to read Mineo type stuff, I’d get twitter.

We KNOW he’s got good info, thats been proven,but why post “ I know sumpin” for any other reason but to claim six weeks from now that you broke the news.

I really DGAS, just wish he wouldnt do it here. If I wanted to read Mineo type stuff, I’d get twitter.
Nah, this isn't Mineo style. Mineola style would be to name the kid, announce that he is committed to PSU, when it doesn't happen then will use the excuse "I am not a reporter" or ignore he was wrong and wait until he is right on something else and then say "I am connected and know more than everyone else".

Reactions: Str8DBLz

Yeah, I think people all have different things they want to get out of a message board. I do think it's pretty unrealistic to expect it to be "just the facts, m'aam." Anonymous handles, and whatnot just ain't gonna breed that in aggregate. Further--if the facts are all you need, I think there are other outlets out there that may be better suited: Intermat, for example. Str8 may come here for social "credit" in his mind--or maybe he likes stimulating the speculation. I'm mostly here for the camraderie, and sure, if we catch a rumor or two before its mainstream, that's pretty fun.

Last edited:
Which recruits are we most likely to land out of Lilledahl, Lawrence, Mullen, Sealey , and Hopke?

Not saying Im upset with DGK’s “change of plans” regarding sticking around thru 2024, but are we going to miss out on a tremendous crop of biggies because of it?

Not saying Im upset with DGK’s “change of plans” regarding sticking around thru 2024, but are we going to miss out on a tremendous crop of biggies because of it?
Did Kerk ever say he didn’t intend to continue past 2023? I saw that speculated a lot on this board, but I don’t remember him saying it, though he certainly could have. I do think we may see more of this kind of thing with NIL around. If kids are already getting the elite training they want, why not come back for another year with some income that doesn’t draw from NLWC‘s war chest?

Did Kerk ever say he didn’t intend to continue past 2023? I saw that speculated a lot on this board, but I don’t remember him saying it, though he certainly could have. I do think we may see more of this kind of thing with NIL around. If kids are already getting the elite training they want, why not come back for another year with some income that doesn’t draw from NLWC‘s war chest?
Honestly not sure, therefore I highlighted it.
Regardless, he’s apparently staying, so my question stands.

Hopke. He's the man at heavy and a 2024 kid + RS if needed. My personal favorite of all the HWT recruits from the limited # of matches I have seen. A perfect fit time wise.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Yes he did in his interview with Flo
Hopke. He's the man at heavy and a 2024 kid + RS if needed. My personal favorite of all the HWT recruits from the limited # of matches I have seen. A perfect fit time wise.

I thought he said he was staying through 2024 in that interview? I just don't remember hearing him previously say he planned to leave earlier than that (after the covid year was added).
Does that mean thru 23-24 season or thru 24-25 season?

Kerk said he plans to use all 3 years of his eligibility so assuming no redshirts, he'll be here until 2025. Hopke would fit best with those plans assuming Kerk following through with it (since Hopke can just redshirt and go 4 years, Mullen would need a greyshirt and redshirt if he wants all his NCAAs)

Starocci made it sound like he will be done after 2024. I think Facundo takes his spot at

Did AB talk about his plans on his remaining eligibility? Assuming he will take them all but with 2024 Olympics coming up and his future MMA goals, I'm not sure.

Reactions: Ja1339
Kerk said he plans to use all 3 years of his eligibility so assuming no redshirts, he'll be here until 2025. Hopke would fit best with those plans assuming Kerk following through with it (since Hopke can just redshirt and go 4 years, Mullen would need a greyshirt and redshirt if he wants all his NCAAs)

Starocci made it sound like he will be done after 2024. I think Facundo takes his spot at

Did AB talk about his plans on his remaining eligibility? Assuming he will take them all but with 2024 Olympics coming up and his future MMA goals, I'm not sure.
I believe AB said he wants to wrestle through 2028 especially with the 2028 Olympics being in LA and then possibly going into mma. If that is his plan I assume he uses all of his eligibility

Is there a team that Askren doesn't allegedly hate? Iowa thinks he hates them, Wisconsin does, Penn State does.

I’ve been watching from the shadows for the last 15 years. While I played sports through college, I never wrestled. I love your sport but was reluctant to comment on anything. I just absorb your collective knowledge and loved it!

Just this year I joined the conversations. I can tell you this, I really appreciate the news, rumors, even gossip that you all share regarding PSU wresting and the remainder of the wresting community. I always try to not take things too seriously. What does any of us really know. But, the rumors and stories (and even the provocation) that you all bring to this site is welcomed fodder for thought. It helps me suffer the off season. Don’t ever change. You’re perfect.

Last edited:
Some insiders of the insiders tell me Sealey and Hopke. After reading stuff this week, Sealey dad might be the new Uncle Tony.
Davino was offered well and didn’t bite for some reason.

Reactions: NittanyChris
ADVERTISEMENT