ADVERTISEMENT

PSU News: Women in photo's won't press charges!

This is a tough situation for those women. Pressing charges will make their names public (in all likelihood) and I doubt they want anymore attention drawn to the situation.

It doesn't make what happened right, but I don't blame the alleged victims for wanting this to pass quietly. They're all probably now working or soon to be in the job market.

Gee i (under age) went to a frat party; got blitzed; took my cloths. Why in God's name would you want to admit to anything!

This is tricky because of the stupid behavior of these guys. I know people snapped pics of me when I was passed out and used them pics for jokes, but I am not a hot girl. This whole thing is pretty sick but I understand why they don't want their names exposed on top of everything else that was already exposed that never should have been.

Gee i (under age) went to a frat party; got blitzed; took my cloths. Why in God's name would you want to admit to anything!

If I invite you to my house for a Super Bowl party and you get drunk and fall asleep is it OK for me to steal your wallet?

Reactions: Hotshoe
LOL, this subject has been beaten to death by now. Most people here have staked out their position on the issue pretty fully. Now, watch this thread go to five pages....

Don't get your comment, Glov. Did you mean you think it will go to 7 pages? LOL...

It is certainly newsworthy (although unsurprising) that the women whose nude photographs were posted are reluctant/unwilling to cooperate in a criminal prosecution. The last thing they want is more publicity. But there has been considerable discussion here of what sanction or sanctions should apply to either the KDR chapter or the individual KDR members who did this. That is what I was referring to in my post.

BTW, The title of the article is a bit misleading. The women don't make the decision on whether criminal charges should be pressed. That is the county DA's call, and the article suggests that he/she would like to do so but cannot absent cooperation from the victims.

Don't get your comment, Glov. Did you mean you think it will go to 7 pages? LOL...

It is certainly newsworthy (although unsurprising) that the women whose nude photographs were posted are reluctant/unwilling to cooperate in a criminal prosecution. The last thing they want is more publicity. But there has been considerable discussion here of what sanction or sanctions should apply to either the KDR chapter or the individual KDR members who did this. That is what I was referring to in my post.

BTW, The title of the article is a bit misleading. The women don't make the decision on whether criminal charges should be pressed. That is the county DA's call, and the article suggests that he/she would like to do so but cannot absent cooperation from the victims.

Yes! I was joking of course sir.

If I invite you to my house for a Super Bowl party and you get drunk and fall asleep is it OK for me to steal your wallet?

No, but it would be ok if you took a picture of me. Nice try, though.

They may be able to press charges without cooperation from the victims, but DAs tend to defer to the victim's wishes. Really that's why fraternity brothers have been doing this kind of thing and getting away with it for so long. Who would want to testify in open court about getting drunk and naked at a frat party.

They may be able to press charges without cooperation from the victims, but DAs tend to defer to the victim's wishes. Really that's why fraternity brothers have been doing this kind of thing and getting away with it for so long. Who would want to testify in open court about getting drunk and naked at a frat party.

Yeah, especially if that's not what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT