ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Montana game thread

Moore surprisingly had a pretty over-and-under and block in this one, but Watkins needs to be in there. He really shuts down the inside game

up 34-29 at half. Montana is part of the Big Sky conference, but they look like a pretty good mid-major at that

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
up 34-29 at half. Montana is part of the Big Sky conference, but they look like a pretty good mid-major at that
I think I saw that they were projected to finish at or close to the top of the Big Sky. They're ranked at around 140 or so in Ken Pomeroy's rankings, so they're certainly a respectable mid-major. I've been pretty impressed by them both tonight and against Pitt on Monday.

We have weaponSSSS this year... that's plural, great to see. Tony, Mike, Lamar, Reaves... let alone if Shep get's things on the offensive side figured out, and Bostick has potential

UPDATE: After a quick trip to the locker room Tony came back, rode the bike and is back in the huddle. A little gimpy but may be okay after all.

Crap - Tony Carr went down with what looked like it could be a bad knee injury. He is on the trainers table right now with some bad body language and facial expressions.

We are the better team, better athletes. We just need to play our game, even without Carr playing.

What was the final score?
70-57. Nice win, fought through some adversity with losing Carr (I think he'll be fine going forward, just looked like he rolled it) and having the collision with Garner and Bostick. Garner hit two massive back to back three pointers to really shut the door late in the game. Great to see him break out of his slump and step up, and good to see them figure out a way to close out a game against a Montana team that, while pesky, was pretty clearly the inferior team throughout. They might very well win the Big Sky, though.

Gotta be better coached offensively. We just stand around and let the defense get set and then let someone go 1 on 5
That's what you saw that game, or would you prefer taking a swipe at Chambers vs. talking about the actual game???

Yes, we are a team who thrives off transition buckets vs. a half-court offense, but there was a decent amount of ball movement today - players making that extra pass and cuts to the hoop

Reactions: johnmpsu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT