ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Michigan game thread

Second time Julius had laid the hammer on the returner this year.

BIG TOE on the tackle.....give him some snaps on D!

If we put him at safety opponents' players would have alligator arms!

Thought I heard the announcers says he has to sit 1st half. I don't know if true, but that's what I heard.
Smith should be OK for next week. My understanding is that if you're ejected in the first half you're out for the rest of the game. If it happens in the second half you're out for the first half of the next game also.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
We need ONE more to complete the Hat Trick ... the pass to the official's face, the Joey HIT, we need one more highlight !!!!

Reactions: step.eng69
Not that it matters, but that was some pretty obvious holding on that last run.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Look, the guys are showing a lot of heart in a tough situation. The REAL issue will be getting up for next week and not let this game define the team !!!

Yeah. Pretty winnable stretch of games if this team wants it bad enough. Will know a lot about this team by then.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
When is our backup qb getting reps, I'm tired of this high school game manager going in slow motion

Watching DUKE, yes DUKE ready to win at ND. Duke is really not the "good" BUT a veteran team, that makes a big difference. As we see with Michigan.

Punting to Peppers, going for it on 4th and 5 at midfield, I'll advised return out of EZ, calling TO to kick FG from the 2 yd line. That's not coaching?

The head coach doesn't tell the returner whether to bring it out of the endzone... The punt to Peppers from the endzone was a good one, and much better than a block for a TD or safety. Going for it on 4th down is always a crap shoot and never predictable. Franklin knew that he has to get something going or the team would be steamrolled. Would punting have impacted the score at all? I don't think so. You could argue that he should have gone for the 4th and goal, but Barkley was banged up and out of the game. That may have caused the time out as well.

The head coach doesn't tell the returner whether to bring it out of the endzone... The punt to Peppers from the endzone was a good one, and much better than a block for a TD or safety. Going for it on 4th down is always a crap shoot and never predictable. Franklin knew that he has to get something going or the team would be steamrolled. Would punting have impacted the score at all? I don't think so. You could argue that he should have gone for the 4th and goal, but Barkley was banged up and out of the game. That may have caused the time out as well.
Wow, you packed a lot of rationales into one post. This was a horrific coaching performance. The only one of those plays that made sense was the punt from our end zone, but our special teams are so poorly coached it didn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT