ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Michigan Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up several hours in advance, as my schedule is pretty hectic later today. It's questionable whether I can do PBP. If I'm able to, I'll post as much, though my expectations are that I'll not be able to. I'm hopeful others can step up and provide some PBP, comments, etc. for those that are unable to watch the match, or listen to the audio stream.

TV:
BTN, @ 9 pm EST

Audio Stream:
Byers is doing the radio coverage, which is streamed online. The pre-match coverage starts at 8:40 pm EST at THIS LINK

When responding to PBP or comments, please use the quote function.

Lots of interesting match-ups in the dual, and some questions about who will go at a few weights for both squads.

We Are ...

- looking forward to reading this thread when I get home
- expecting the tsunami bonus point machine to wrack up a slew of points
- enjoy beating Michigan in any athletic competition

... Penn State

Am I the only one that is concerned about this match? it feels like the Lehigh match to me where we barely came on with the victory. We could very easily lose the first 3 matches with all being bonus point wins. Massa is an all american talent at home that could easily pull the upset. Beazley could beat any of our 197 lbs, especially if the home crowd has something to cheer for and gets things rolling. Coon is favored over Nevills.
I think we will win because of our bonus point potential but I think it could be a lot closer than most are anticipating.
We are not favored at 125, 133 and 141 (if no Lee) and 285. Beazly was an all american last year and at home. Massa is highly accomplished in his own right.
Now I reserve the right to say I wasn't thinking clearly after a couple beers if Penn State pounds Michigan and this post looks ridiculous

Am I the only one that is concerned about this match? it feels like the Lehigh match to me where we barely came on with the victory. We could very easily lose the first 3 matches with all being bonus point wins. Massa is an all american talent at home that could easily pull the upset. Beazley could beat any of our 197 lbs, especially if the home crowd has something to cheer for and gets things rolling. Coon is favored over Nevills.
I think we will win because of our bonus point potential but I think it could be a lot closer than most are anticipating.
We are not favored at 125, 133 and 141 (if no Lee) and 285. Beazly was an all american last year and at home. Massa is highly accomplished in his own right.
Now I reserve the right to say I wasn't thinking clearly after a couple beers if Penn State pounds Michigan and this post looks ridiculous

No worries. Hopefully we see N Lee and we win 41. I'll take our 197 over Beazley. Of course Massa is capable of winning, but he's coming off injury also. scUm wins 25, 33 and HWT only. Then throw in the bonus points and it's lopsided.

If you're not watching the other wrestling going on, here's a preview of tonight's Nolf Pantaleo match from this past summer in FS. Pantaleo did a good job of not letting Nolf in on his legs, but Nolf in FS is like watching him with one hand tied behind his back.

Without internet due to shitstorm we received yesterday. Willing to max out my data to read someones pbp. Please!

New Without internet due to shitstorm we received yesterday. Willing to max out my data to read someones pbp. Please!

Crop, I've got you covered. I'm back in time to do PBP. In fact, I'm going to go the extra mile for you, and give a move-by-move description of Hula Hoop Girl's performance. Oh wait, this is an away dual for PSU, so HHG will not be performing. :mad:

per Ironhead, Logan Massa weighed in, but it's not certain that he'll wrestle

also, CS indicated that both guys @ 197 will wrestle this weekend (presume that is Rasheed & Cassar)

Byers says Kuhn is on the trip but won't compete this weekend. Still has a couple things to get worked out first, including weight certification

lineups, per Byers:

125: Schnupp vs. #15 Drew Martin
133: Keener vs. #7 Steven Micic
141: N. Lee vs. Sal Profaci
149: #1 Zain vs. Malik Amine
157: #1 Nolf vs. #5 Alec Pantaleo
165: #1 Joseph vs #5 Logan Massa OR Reece Hughes
174: #2 Hall vs. #6 Myles Amine
184: #1 Nickal vs. #5 Domenic Abounader
197: #10 Rasheed OR Cassar vs. #11 Kevin Beazley
285: #8 Nick Nevills vs. #2 Adam Coon

Carson Kuhn made the trip with PSU, but will not wrestle this weekend

Reactions: diggerpup and RAS62
...that was then ... and this is now... :)

f60eeb047ee0678aab14a6c1318791e4--dark-helmet-funny-cute.jpg

PSU BB -- tie game, and PSU turns the ball over with 20+ left. Now Nebraska calls TO, and will set up for the last shot.

Nebraska with a terrible 3-pt shot, and PSU with the ball with 1.3 sec sec (they're checking video to see if they should have more time).

In Ann Arbor, they are playing the national anthem, so BTN is likely to miss the start of the wrestling match

ADVERTISEMENT