ADVERTISEMENT

PSU men's hoops at Duquesne - PPG Arena Wed, Dec. 19th 7 p.m.

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
An opportunity for the SW alums to see Penn State's men's basketball team locally.

I have gone to see U of Dayton, my son's undergrad school, play at Duquesne and enjoyed the venue and game. But UD has now, and had before (Archie Miller), coaches that manage a game and execute a game plan, manage the clock, prepare their team to play smart, etc...

At this point I would not walk across the street to see a PSU team coached by Pat as it would only make me more embarrassed that our incompetent AD cares so little about PSU men's BB as to let the mediocrity go on 8+ years.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitty_Lion
The PSU team and alums should ride the Duquense Incline up to Mt. Washington. CLIMB. WITH. US. :eek:

I have gone to see U of Dayton, my son's undergrad school, play a Duquesne and enjoyed the venue and game. But UD has now, and had before (Archie Miller), coaches that manage a game and execute a game plan, manage the clock, prepare their team to play smart, etc...

At this point I would not walk across the street to see a PSU team coached by Pat as it would only make me more embarrassed that our incompetent AD cares so little about PSU men's BB as to let the mediocrity go on 8+ years.....
Yet PSU would be favored by about 5 if they met this great Dayton team on a neutral court tomorrow (you know, the great Dayton team coming off a 14-17 record, with a losing record in a very mediocre A10).

Yet PSU would be favored by about 5 if they met this great Dayton team on a neutral court tomorrow (you know, the great Dayton team coming off a 14-17 record, with a losing record in a very mediocre A10).

After the transfers that come with losing a coach, when Archie left for IU after the 2017/18 season, the new UD coach had to rebuild the roster going into 2017/18. Similar to what is going on at Pitt. Both are not great teams, and I never said UD was. But I watched UD a couple weeks ago and the new coach has his young team playing intense, smart BB. So go ahead and defend Pat and his 8 years of pathetic game management. It won't take the UD coach 8 years to get his team playing smart and to execute competent late game management. Both Pitt and UD are much more likely to have success and reach the NCAA before PSU under Pat no matter how many Philly kids Pat manages to talk into his dream.... Pat could not get his experienced team last season to the NCAA and it looks like he won't get this seasons experienced team there either. But give him another 8 years to see what he can do.... Pathetic.

Last edited:
I have gone to see U of Dayton, my son's undergrad school, play at Duquesne and enjoyed the venue and game. But UD has now, and had before (Archie Miller), coaches that manage a game and execute a game plan, manage the clock, prepare their team to play smart, etc...

I agree with the underlined above but I would still go to the game. I wish the students would come to games and alum had more access to getting to games. AS bad as it is to see the suits on the sideline on TV I wish the players would get the chance to play in front 7-8k instead of 2-3 K

Reactions: GregInPitt
I agree with the underlined above but I would still go to the game. I wish the students would come to games and alum had more access to getting to games. AS bad as it is to see the suits on the sideline on TV I wish the players would get the chance to play in front 7-8k instead of 2-3 K

Yep, a home field advantage is built around good crowds. I'd also like to see the PSU admin plan for a great BB field house that seats 10K close to the court, instead of trying to "improve" the already best footfall stadium in the USA....

But PSU BB will likely only sell ticket when the team wins. Which many big name college football programs experience as well, as I remember seeing some sorry crowds when watching college football this Fall.

I'm not sure why Duquesne is playing this at PPG. I can not imagine either team will have many fans there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT