ADVERTISEMENT

PSU MBB vs North

Penn State 50 North Florida 39 with 15:19 remaining.

Leading scorers for PSU: Stevens 18, Dread 11, Reaves 8

North Florida? Is that a Community College?

OK, just kidding. I had to look them up and they actually play a decent schedule including Wright State, Florida, Minnesota, Florida State and Auburn.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
40-28 PSU Stevens with 18 at the half.
50-39 at 16 min. PSU 5-15 and SF 0-15 from three.
A bit sloppy on both ends. Reeves with 4 steals. He had 3 in 29 sec. in first half.

Lamar, Josh and Miles all played well. The team needs to play better defensively, but a good first game. Great crowd for a Friday against a ho-hum opponent, the lower bowl was almost full. Announced at 9kish, probably 7k there. The addition of Dread and Bolton is going to help, Carr was great but will not be missed, if Watkins can return this will be a tournament team.

Reactions: ras5051
Lamar, Josh and Miles all played well. The team needs to play better defensively, but a good first game. Great crowd for a Friday against a ho-hum opponent, the lower bowl was almost full. Announced at 9kish, probably 7k there. The addition of Dread and Bolton is going to help, Carr was great but will not be missed, if Watkins can return this will be a tournament team.

Carr not missed? Ok...you lost all credibility with that statement.

Carr not missed? Ok...you lost all credibility with that statement.
No really.... this team plays a completely different style of ball without him --- LOTS of passing, use all 5 guys. The ball no longer stops when he gets it. He was a great player, but the team should be fine without him.

Reactions: psu1969a
Need Watkins back. Way to many easy baskets.

Reactions: psuguy43
Need Watkins back. Way to many easy baskets.
The team got to the semi-finals of the Big Ten Tournament and then cruised through the NIT without Watkins. I'd rather get him back but they'll fine either way...assuming they are healthy.

The team got to the semi-finals of the Big Ten Tournament and then cruised through the NIT without Watkins. I'd rather get him back but they'll fine either way...assuming they are healthy.
Not by last nights game. North Florida got easy bucket after easy bucket inside. Many that Watkins would have blocked.

Not by last nights game. North Florida got easy bucket after easy bucket inside. Many that Watkins would have blocked.
I'm sorry, I thought we won. Was 15 points and never really threatened not enough? :rolleyes:

NF lost to Dayton 78-70 in their opener. Not sure how good the Flyers are this year.

Then you must have seen all the easy baskets within 5' of the hoop.
Yea, I saw that. I also saw: 3 TRUE Freshmen playing pretty darn well...Especially 2 of them; another big, Buttrick, looking like a new player compared to last year; Josh doing exactly what Josh does; Lamar looking like all big ten; Wheeler being the biggest pesk on the court imaginable (he would have gotten punched on the playground in my neighborhood growing up); and the coach realizing that Harrar was having an off night so he was limited to 16 minutes of play time.

Since Harrar was the main reason we won the NIT last year I look for him to come on strong. However, he did look a lot thinner to me than he looked last year. Just an observation.

Reactions: wbcincy
Since Harrar was the main reason we won the NIT last year I look for him to come on strong. However, he did look a lot thinner to me than he looked last year. Just an observation.

That doesn't sound good. How did that happen?

How did he look thinner to me? It's my opinion based on my memory of watching him play last year.

No, I mean, how did he get thinner? I remember thinking that he looked very strong for a Freshman. If he somehow got smaller that might not be a great thing.

No, I mean, how did he get thinner? I remember thinking that he looked very strong for a Freshman. If he somehow got smaller that might not be a great thing.
It's my opinion. I don't know if he has actually lost any weight, I just thought he looked like he has. What do you think?

It's my opinion. I don't know if he has actually lost any weight, I just thought he looked like he has. What do you think?

He was a football player that decided to play basketball instead. His body is still reshaping. Nothing to be concerned about.

Yes, but we had more big warm bodies last year - different situation. Have Moore on the bench this year, and sure. But, we have NO ONE of size behind Harrar.

I'm not saying that Julian was a great player, or even a B10-level talent, but there is something to be said to have a 6'10+ senior to go in for a few minutes for foul trouble or to give a break. Not having that could really kill this team. If Harrar gets in foul trouble against VaTech, and Watkins is not available, they will eat us alive on the block.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT