PSU MBB vs Colgate

CattyGuy51

Nov 8, 2001
PSU up 12-5 at 15. Watkins started. Bolton 2-2 form 3
PSU 19-9 Bolton 4-4 from 3
PSU 22-11 PSU 5-8 from 3
PSU 28-13 Bolton 5-6 from 3 and MJ 1-1 from 3
PSU 3
PSU 32-19 Stevens with 0 points Decent crowd.
PSU 41-30 at the half. Bolton with 17 at the half
PSU 49-36 Bolton with 23 7-8 from 3
PSU 53-47 Bolton with 25 Stevens has 6 and has missed about 5 shots at 12
PSU 58-53 PSU has gone COLD Bolton not getting enough touches
PSU 63-60
Final PSU 76-65 Bolton with 27 and Watkins 16 pts and 18 boards

Last edited:
I don’t do the in game threads much, and almost never for basketball. Had we lost to Colgate, I may have not only came to the ledge, but thrown Chambers clear off of it. LOL I guess ift might be tough to get pumped up for colgate, but this was dissapointing. Maybe there hasnt been much zone defense played against us, because that seemed to be when we fell off. Hopefully they figure things out and play better.

This squad still has enough talent to get to 18 wins

We shall see. PSU has 4 OOC games left, I would say a 2-2 split would be probably what to expect. Then there are 18 conference games left. Even assuming an optimistic 9-9 (not realistic IMHO given that PSU is currently 0-2 in conference), you'd be looking at 9-11 in conference and 16-15 total. The only way they can even think of getting to 18 wins is to beat Alabama, NC State, Duquesne, and UMBC, then finish out 9-9 in-conference. To me that's a tall order.

We shall see. PSU has 4 OOC games left, I would say a 2-2 split would be probably what to expect. Then there are 18 conference games left. Even assuming an optimistic 9-9 (not realistic IMHO given that PSU is currently 0-2 in conference), you'd be looking at 9-11 in conference and 16-15 total. The only way they can even think of getting to 18 wins is to beat Alabama, NC State, Duquesne, and UMBC, then finish out 9-9 in-conference. To me that's a tall order.

Those 4 OOC games aren’t against Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, and Kentucky. NC State is decent, but Mercer took them to the wire. The other 3 are very winnable.

This squad still has enough talent to get to 18 wins and get enough resume wins to get a birth

Not unless Watkins takes off and the freshmen grow up in a hurry. Wheeler and Harrar seldom score more than 6 pts. Reaves is good for 10 pts but most are put backs. He can't create his own offense.

Bolton, Dread, and Jones really have to get going.

Wtf are you talking about???? 5-15 in big ten play at best.

Exactly. These are the WINS that are supposed to be a given for NCAA teams. As well as games against teams like Bradley.... It's the LOSES to these type of teams that Pat has every year that eliminate PSU from the tournament.... and when the loss is at HOME it's that much worse.....

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
They better go at least 3-1 in the remaining OOC games or they’re done in terms of getting a bid.

Reactions: bison13
I was watching some of NW and Depaul today. Depaul was up 57-42and I was thinking "maybe that wont be as bad of a loss as it looks" then NW goes and curb stomps them the last 6 minutes with a 25-0 run and wins by around 10.

I was watching some of NW and Depaul today. Depaul was up 57-42and I was thinking "maybe that wont be as bad of a loss as it looks" then NW goes and curb stomps them the last 6 minutes with a 25-0 run and wins by around 10.

NW almost knocked off #5 UMich within the last week.

NW spent last year playing home games out near O’Hare while their facilities were updated. They knocked about 1,000 off their prior capacity, now about 7,000. The place was really rocking against UMich, took back-to-back 3’s in the last few minutes for UMich to pull it out.

NW almost knocked off #5 UMich within the last week.

NW spent last year playing home games out near O’Hare while their facilities were updated. They knocked about 1,000 off their prior capacity, now about 7,000. The place was really rocking against UMich, took back-to-back 3’s in the last few minutes for UMich to pull it out.

I know, that is why I was thinking it wouldnt be a bad loss to Depaul if they were going to beat NW by double figures. But then it was back to reality...

I know, that is why I was thinking it wouldnt be a bad loss to Depaul if they were going to beat NW by double figures. But then it was back to reality...

I unfortunately have A LOT of that in my life: “And then reality set in.....!”

11-7 the rest of the way in the Big Ten???????? We've seen nothing to indicate that's possible

They missed on the past two winnable games. I expect they will be underdogs in 4 of their next 5 games, so they might reasonably be looking at 1-6 come mid-January. That would be a tough hole to dig out of.....

ADVERTISEMENT