ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Maryland Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up in advance. There's a good chance that I will be unable to provide PBP. As such, I hope others can step up and provide such.

The dual takes place at 4 pm EST.

TV/Video:
- there is no TV coverage
- video will be streamed for those that have a BTN+ subscription
- video will be streamed for those that have a FloWrestling FloPro subscription

Audio:
- Byers's radio PBP will be streamed for free. The pre-match portion starts at 3:40 pm EST, and can be accessed at:

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=565455

As always, please use this thread for all comments about the dual, individual matches, etc. If responding to somebody else's comment, please use the quote function.

It will be interesting to see how NN does against Hemida. Unfortunately, I did not get to see the match,
but I heard that Seth gave Hemida some pretty good competition until he ran out of steam. In the latest rankings, Intermat has Hemida ahead of Nick at #6 vs #8. This should be a good one.

Thornton sitting out today because of illness. Time to quarantine Keener. This flu season has me paranoid. I should stop watching the news.

Reactions: LHavenlion
Yeah, stay healthy, man -- we need those gifs to keep coming uninterrupted!

Thanks, but I'm not worried about myself. I hardly ever get sick and the worst injuries I've ever had were a tight hammy and a pinched nerve in my neck. I'm basically indestructible.

Last edited:
Reactions: LHavenlion
Nevills vs Hemida is huge for Nick. Hopefully, it can be the first step out of this little funk he's been stuck in for some time.

Since we're pregaming I'll mention I saw Garett Hammond (Drexel) lose pretty easily to Markus Schiedel (Columbia) last night. And Austin DeSanto came back for the first time from what was suspected to be a concussion suffered at the Southern Scuffle. He teched a kid who looked twice his height. If he doesn't get himself disqualified for ripping someone's arms off--every match he's in is a potentially dangerous call waiting to happen--he seems podium-bound this year at 133.

Anybody checking out this Rutgers-Nebraska dual? Commentary is worst I've ever heard. Can't even get the volume correct. Nebraska AGAIN

Anybody checking out this Rutgers-Nebraska dual? Commentary is worst I've ever heard. Can't even get the volume correct. Nebraska AGAIN

Yeah. Pretty bad. Richie Lewis just beat Isaiah White in OT rideout 2-1. How in the world did White beat Cenzo in Hs. He took 0 shots in first 3 periods.

Very poor. A lot of general comments Like “he is really fast and has some good moves so he can get some points”

Very big. Tanner Hall lost again so Nick could be edging close to 5-6 seed if he wins.

Yeah, back-to-back loses.

Hall is not going to get many more opportunities to improve his seed. The only events remaining on ASU's schedule are:

- dual with Cal-State Bakersfield
- Edinboro Open
- dual with Lehigh
- dual with Cal Poly

I'm not sure who will be at the Edinboro Open. Of the 3 remaining duals, Jordan Wood of Lehigh is the only Heavyweight that is ranked.

Yeah. Pretty bad. Richie Lewis just beat Isaiah White in OT rideout 2-1. How in the world did White beat Cenzo in Hs. He took 0 shots in first 3 periods.

Pretty easily. Same goes for Kemerer. But high school was a long time ago.

Reactions: Law-Deezie
I laughed hearing Scott Delvecchio's name pronounced as Del-VEES-ee-oh, underscoring the scant number of Italians the announcer has run into living in Nebraska.

Grilled shrimp tacos, wings and Infinite Ale from Jailhouse Brewery at Looneys Pub pregame.

Second party is near. They have a DJ in the Xfinity spinning. Pretty cool building and for BBall the end zones are not in desperate zip codes. Good crowd.

Odds on the 4pm Penn State Maryland match finishing before the 3:30pm Iowa tOSU match would probably be pretty short.

So they wanted to get Kuhn certified ASAP but when they do they don't bother sending him out?

EDIT

And at this point, they are really still trying to figure out 197lbs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT