ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Lehigh Match Thread

big match coming up.

174: Hall vs. Kutler

Per 1
Lots of tie-ups in first 30 sec. Kutler working the head, nothing. Kutler reaches, nothing. Hall with a shot for a single, sprawl, and stalemate at 1:05 left. Kutler reaches for a single, nothing. Hall reaches for a single, nothing. 30 sec left. End, scoreless

Per 2
Kutler takes bottom. Kutler out in 10 sec, 0-1. Hall in on a single, Kutler fighting, some funk, and a stalemate at 1:14. Nice scramble. 1 min left. Hall with a sloppy shot, then a really fast duck under/single for a TD by Hall, and a quick release, 2-2. End

Per 3
Hall takes bottom. He's out quickly, 3-2. Hall tries something, nothing. 1 min left. Kutler in on a single, Hall sprawling on the edge, and OOB at 20 sec. Kutler was in deep but great hips by Hall to avoid it. Stall warning on Hall with 9 sec. Kutler in on a single, sprawl, and that's the bout

3-2

14-19, Lehigh

Reactions: diggerpup
Hall vs Kutler
No points Kutler maintains position attempts nothing
Kutler down
Esacape Kutler
Hall in deep scramble stalemate
Hall disappeared for 2
Lets Kutler up 2-2 after two
Hall down
Hall escape 3-2
Kutler in deep no finish
3-2 victory over Krutchmer like opponent

kutler is legit, but mark for whatever reason was content this match. When he wanted to score he did, so why not try more often. If kutler was offensive, that place when have been unbearable with STALLLLLLiing

only one that hasnt come to wrestle today has been Cortez..we knew what would happen to Schnupp and Gianelli. Zain, Nold and Hall wrested well..Pipher out weighed and out matched, I'm calling it now..Bo by pin!

only one that hasnt come to wrestle today has been Cortez..we knew what would happen to Schnupp and Gianelli. Zain, Nold and Hall wrested well..Pipher out weighed and out matched, I'm calling it now..Bo by pin!

Dom could have come away with a better result.

Agreed. Hall was also just fine. Kutler didn't shoot for 6:15 seconds. Not that I would have either if I was Kutler. Good strategy but Hall just isn't going to get taken down by him. The last 30 seconds was just window dressing.

Back to 141 for a monent: I thought top had to mat return with legs in or get dinged for stalling.

Twice Cortez stood and I counted past 5 before any attempted return.

Am I missing sonething?

I was thinking the same -- kept watching for him to initiate a count, but it just didn't happen.

another big match

185: Nickal vs. Preisch

Per 1:
Nickal nearly with an ankle pick, but nothing. Preisch shoots, blocked. Nickal in on a double, pulls it in, and then gets behind for the TD, 2-0. Preisch is out, 2-1. Some flurries, but nothing close on 2 shots by Bo. Bo reaches again, nothing. Preisch not doing much. End

Per 2:
Nickal takes bottom. Bo up quickly, and out in about 13 sec, 3-1. Not much action thru 1 min. Stall warning on Preisch. Bo reaches for an ankle, nothing. End

Per 3:
Preisch takes bottom. Preeisch slowly works up, and he's out in 22 sec, 3-2. Bo in on a low single, Preisch with a whizzer then spins, and a stalemate at just over 1 min left. 30 sec left. End

3-2, Nickal

17-19, Lehigh

Reactions: clucas
Bo vs Preisch
Bo nice finish TD
Preisch escape
2-1 after one
Bo chooses down
Escape Bo 3-1
Preisch and Kutler entirely defensive seem determined not to give up bonus points
Third period
Escape Preisch
Bo in deep stalemate
3-2 one minute left
3-2 Bo
19-17 Lehigh

So if Cassar loses by DEC, Nick would need to pin, I think, b/c I think Lehigh would have criteria.

Crop the psu fans are doing their darndest to get a few WE AREs in during the action

Nice to see Cassar go out and get some takedowns, he's looked solid in every match except his second. He's faster than most of the 197s and he uses that speed well.

Neither Lehigh 74/84 tried to do anything the entire match except defend. Both stalled essentially the entire matches. So while I do think Hall and Bo looked a bit sluggish, it isn't surprising they couldn't run up takedowns on two good defending wrestlers.

ADVERTISEMENT