ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Lehigh Match Thread

cenzo did not weigh in. Nickal may not go. so this is far-far from a W.

The W means absolutely nothing. I've been a huge advocate for making Duals matter more but as of now, they simply don't mean a thing. The health of those guys is all that matters. If dinged up at all, sit them whether it means an L or not.

lee going to have to be the guy. Cortez has just not developed any offense. Need some points from the light weights if going to win nationals.

My biggest issue is that he doesn't shoot. I'd rather see him shoot and get countered, than to do nothing.

Reactions: Ski
lee going to have to be the guy. Cortez has just not developed any offense. Need some points from the light weights if going to win nationals.
Just like we did last year?

Is Nickal "dinged up"? I just do not know where the talk of him is coming from.

The W means absolutely nothing. I've been a huge advocate for making Duals matter more but as of now, they simply don't mean a thing. The health of those guys is all that matters. If dinged up at all, sit them whether it means an L or not.

Duals matter, regardless of whether they "matter". Your right that finding someone that says wrestle those guys for a dual over a chance at NC are few and far between.

But you should want to win and do everything you can within reason to W every time out. that is the culture thats been built and that is the what we should want.

This isnt Iowa ;)

Truth be told this has kind of sucked. A series of blow outs punctuated by a 2-0 disappointment. Feeling kind of lemony right now. 174/184 will deliver though

Duals matter, regardless of whether they "matter". Your right that finding someone that says wrestle those guys for a dual over a chance at NC are few and far between.

But you should want to win and do everything you can within reason to W every time out. that is the culture thats been built and that is the what we should want.

This isnt Iowa ;)

My point is that the goal is to win the National Title. There is absolutely no reason to risk that goal for the sake of any one dual. None.

It is gonna be a real sad day for me when Nolf finishes his NCAA career. He is simply amazing to watch.

He is just absolutely ruthless. Some nasty-sick stuff in that match. Brown was mentally broken before the first period ended. Amazing stuff.

Reactions: diggerpup
Pipher's pinning ability would really come in handy right about now.

Pipher hang onto a leg over 5 secs and that's stalling, but Brown hightails it out of bounds 3 times and one call in 7min? Come on.

Back to 141 for a monent: I thought top had to mat return with legs in or get dinged for stalling.

Twice Cortez stood and I counted past 5 before any attempted return.

Am I missing sonething?

Really wish they sent Lee out at 149. Pipfer too small for 165....Nolf would of smoked Wolf.
One would think Bo would have a better shot against a non ranked guy at a similar weight like 49 or 57

Back to 141 for a monent: I thought top had to mat return with legs in or get dinged for stalling.

Twice Cortez stood and I counted past 5 before any attempted return.

Am I missing sonething?
No, the ref is just a bit off.

Credit Lehigh for doing exactly what they need to do here in every match. Not getting pinned by Zain was out of the question, but two pins, beating Cortez, and holding Nolf to a TF are best case scenarios for them.

Reactions: SRATH
165: Pipher vs. Wolf
not what we expected a week ago

Per 1
Wolf with a quick TD, 2-0. Pipher works for a rev, but Wolf holding on to the ankle. Wolf works back behind, then Pipher in better position, and he gets the rev, 2-2. Stall call on Pipher as he stayed on the lower leg for 5 sec. 1:41 left. Wolf his a quick rev off the whistle, 2-4. Pipher tries a roll-through, but doesn't have control. Stalemate at 1:00. RT at 1:04 for Wolf. Optional start, 3-4. Wolf with a shrug-bye, 3-5. Sloppy on Bo's part. Stall warning on Wolf for hanging on legs. Missed a few seconds due to a phone call -- it's 5-8. Damn, a TD at the buzzer for Wolf, 5-10.

Per 2
Pipher takes bottom. Not a lot of movement at start. Pipher nearly hits a rev off a roll, but nothing. Wolf throws in the boots. Bo up and getst the esc, 6-10. Pipher in on a leg and gets the TD, 8-10. And then Wolf with a switch to get a rev, 8-12. OOB at 36 points. Optional start, so 9-12. Sloppy shot by Pipher gets countered for the TD, 9-14. End

Per 3
RT nearly clinched. Wolf takes down. He hits a reversal right off the whistle -- geez. 10-16. Then a TD and a release by Wolf, 11-18. Then another TD by Wolf on the edge, 11-20. OOB at 1:09. Pipher has skill, but he's also too sloppy at times. Optional start, so 12-20. TD by Wolf, 22-12, with 36 sec left. Stalemate at 24 sec. Stall warning, so a point to Wolf, 23-12. End

24-12

11-19, Lehigh

Wolf TD
Pipher looking great from bottom
2 point reversal
Wolf reversal 4-2
1:00 left
Pipher 4-3
Wolf TD 6-3
Pipher escape
Wolf TD
Pipher escape
Wolf TD at buzzer
10-5 after one
Wolf has riding time
Pipher escape
Pipher TD
Wolf reversal
Pipher escape
Wolf TD 14-9 after two
Wolf is down
Wolf reversal
Escape pipher
TD wolf 20-11
Escape Pipher
TD wolf 22-12
24 seconds left
One point stalling
24-12 Wolf with riding time
19-11 Lehigh
Sigh

Pipher with a lot of action against Wolf int he first two periods before Wolf pours it on in the third

Penn State trails 11-19 with four matches to go

Kutler doesn't seem like a candidate to get pinned but Hall can pin anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT