ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Lehigh Match Thread

I just hope next time he hulk smashes the chair onto the mat, and I'm not joking when I say that.

Maybe next world team trials. DT has to fail to takedown a one legged Cox again though and I don't see that happening twice.

Could you remind me when the last time Iowa had a 4 time finalist? Was it in the 90's?
$

I just hope next time he hulk smashes the chair onto the mat, and I'm not joking when I say that.

Maybe next world team trials. DT has to fail to takedown a one legged Cox again though and I don't see that happening twice.
is the hulk smash a green sweater inside joke?

But he'll tell us 15 times an interview how much fun he's having until DT throws a hissy fit and he has to weak arm a chair onto the mat and act like he's upset to protect the diva? Lol

Not sure why you keep bringing that story up.

It happened, but is not relevant anymore, really. I'm not perfect, Cael's not perfect, and I'm pretty sure you aren't. So, if this one, minor event is basis for some kind of character assassination...shame on you. Just take off the blinders for a second.

Um because DT was a 4 time finalist. When was the last time Iowa had a 4 time finalist? I just started to follow wrestling in 2010 so I don't know the answer. :)

Yeah DT is an amazing wrestler. Still not following the relevance of him being an amazing wrestler to the discussion.

Not sure why you keep bringing that story up.

It happened, but is not relevant anymore, really. I'm not perfect, Cael's not perfect, and I'm pretty sure you aren't. So, if this one, minor event is basis for some kind of character assassination...shame on you. Just take off the blinders for a second.

I like Cael.

Just find it hilarious how even in a pbp thread about PSU vs Lehigh posters like to throw jabs at the Hawks/Iowa. I read this thread to get an idea of how the dual went since I wasn't able to watch. I read shit like that and I feel compelled to throw a little jab back. All in fun.

I get Terry poking the ref being construed negativity, but jumping over the scoring table? That's great.

I like Cael.

Just find it hilarious how even in a pbp thread about PSU vs Lehigh posters like to throw jabs at the Hawks/Iowa. I read this thread to get an idea of how the dual went since I wasn't able to watch. I read shit like that and I feel compelled to throw a little jab back. All in fun.

I get Terry poking the ref being construed negativity, but jumping over the scoring table? That's great.

"construed negatively"???? Is there another way to 'construe' it?

Reactions: hlstone
"construed negatively"???? Is there another way to 'construe' it?

I'd say it was massively blown out of proportion.

F*cking stupid thing for him to do. Could have cost a team point.

At the end of the day it's pretty insignificant, especially if you want to bring up character assassination.

Why are the injuries so shrouded in secrecy? It feels odd since Cael seems to be very transparent about many other topics. Isn't there a middle ground between a HIPPA violation and stating it is just bumps and bruises that provides no value to opponents but allows fans to feel like they know something? That was a common theme/discussion point in the stands where I was sitting.

Yeah DT is an amazing wrestler. Still not following the relevance of him being an amazing wrestler to the discussion.
maybe you could if you didn't drink at all hours of the day & night:rolleyes:.

I have these ready for the next time YoungGuns tells us Cassar sucks on bottom:

6zgrGDc.gif

And

Cassar only scores when somebody takes a bad shot:
QrOKJW9.gif

Reactions: CropDuster507
I have these ready for the next time YoungGuns tells us Cassar sucks on bottom:

6zgrGDc.gif

And

Cassar only scores when somebody takes a bad shot:
QrOKJW9.gif

Lol GTFO. Actually laughed at that. If you go watch all his matches and tell me the ratio of shots he scores off his own shot compared to his own double from the start. It is at least 4:1. Not saying it’s a bad thing at all cause he is so damn good at it but if you get into some of these bigger B1G matches with kids who figure out how to wrestle him, it could lead to some issues.

I will say this... Cutch is tough on top once he gets a guy flat. Even last year he struggled the initial breakdown. He scored majority of his points on top at the keystone classic. 9-0 and two 16-0 techs I think. Scores were somewhere around there.

Cassar does suck on the bottom and I think that’s a fair assessment giving his freestyle background. No matter how you try to justify the Hoffman loss or being rode out this last match, we are expecting him to AA for us and that shouldn’t be happening to those caliber guys.

Reactions: LemonPie
Lol GTFO. Actually laughed at that. If you go watch all his matches and tell me the ratio of shots he scores off his own shot compared to his own double from the start. It is at least 4:1. Not saying it’s a bad thing at all cause he is so damn good at it but if you get into some of these bigger B1G matches with kids who figure out how to wrestle him, it could lead to some issues.

I will say this... Cutch is tough on top once he gets a guy flat. Even last year he struggled the initial breakdown. He scored majority of his points on top at the keystone classic. 9-0 and two 16-0 techs I think. Scores were somewhere around there.

Cassar does suck on the bottom and I think that’s a fair assessment giving his freestyle background. No matter how you try to justify the Hoffman loss or being rode out this last match, we are expecting him to AA for us and that shouldn’t be happening to those caliber guys.

The Raptor had 2 college level FS tourneys (one he beat moore and one he got hurt again), but I dont remember him being a Fargo guy or cadet FSer. Am I wrong on that? where Im heading and Im very capable of being out over my skiis.....I acknowledge he has problems on bottom, but I dont know that it is because of FS, I just think it is what it is.

Cassar does suck on the bottom and I think that’s a fair assessment giving his freestyle background. No matter how you try to justify the Hoffman loss or being rode out this last match, we are expecting him to AA for us and that shouldn’t be happening to those calib
I believe that the right guy is wrestling for us at 197. I was at the match and at intermission said to my brother in law is coming down to 197.
It's obvious that Cassar has better ability on his feet than Matt especially with Matt at 197 and having trouble finishing on single leg because of height and leverage. I do think Matt is better on the mat especially down.
Cassar has got be able to not to gas when he's under. I think he showed that yesterday. After tough ride on him by a traditional type district 11kid Jacobson in 2nd he came back and was able to score in the 3rd.
I'm not saying Matt doesn't win that match but it's probably 3-2.
Note: District 11Karam did the same thing to Cortez. It's the style that we're seeing from a lot of high school kids in our area. Keener likes the top also.

After tough ride on him by a traditional type district 11kid Jacobson in 2nd he came back and was able to score in the 3rd.
That's the upside I took away. I didn't realize Jackobson was particularly brutal on top until Dice said so, but for all the trouble Cassar had getting out he looked as strong in the third as he did in the first.

That's the upside I took away. I didn't realize Jackobson was particularly brutal on top until Dice said so, but for all the trouble Cassar had getting out he looked as strong in the third as he did in the first.

Homecoming has a way of messing with your next week. So does that last final and island week.....Or so im told.

I like Cael.

Come on. Even with the evidence you insistently provide to the contrary you are smarter than that. The day we quit throwing Iowa jabs is the day you need to worry about. That is the day Iowa has become irrelevant.

Not getting off the bottom against anybody is a concern. Against non likely AAs is worse. Would not surprise me if the Raptor soon experiences the stay until you get out whistle starts.

Not getting off the bottom against anybody is a concern. Against non likely AAs is worse. Would not surprise me if the Raptor soon experiences the stay until you get out whistle starts.
Q told me his story of that 'exercise'...

Q told me his story of that 'exercise'...
Nico's freshman year, after the early season Minnesota match. Yeah, if you aren't laughing your rear off as he tells you that story you simply lack the appreciation for the situation.

I was just checking to see if through the vodka induced cloud he could still put 2 and 2 together to get an integer answer between 3 and 5. I put the over/under at 50%
If Vodka is over 50 I would bet he or she will never have the need to say 24 again in a sentence unless, of course, he or she had a misspelling

Nico's freshman year, after the early season Minnesota match. Yeah, if you aren't laughing your rear off as he tells you that story you simply lack the appreciation for the situation.

Can we hear/read it again, please? TIA

The Raptor had 2 college level FS tourneys (one he beat moore and one he got hurt again), but I dont remember him being a Fargo guy or cadet FSer. Am I wrong on that? where Im heading and Im very capable of being out over my skiis.....I acknowledge he has problems on bottom, but I dont know that it is because of FS, I just think it is what it is.

You're correct that Cassar has a very limited FS background. I believe that a lot of his issues are related to not having wrestled for a long time and also that he will show great improvement over the course of the year because of that. Remember that he's a kid who went from never qualifying for the state tournament prior to his senior year of high school to going undefeated his senior year. He's a learner. He'll improve.

Nobody who has failed to get out of bottom against a non-AA type, especially in their senior year, has ever amounted to anything.
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/scuffle-semi-finals-thread.76386/page-2#post-1070676
Good sarcasm with evidence.

There have always been a number of guys who were monsters in top but never made the podium. Joe Stolfi comes to mind -- IIRC he was the top pinner in the country as a JR, but never placed.

Don't want to get ridden, but it's max 1 point + lost time. Far more important to not get turned, and to score the rest of the time.

Otoh, wrestlers could choose top against him if bottom is considered a weakness.

That's fine so as long as he's not getting turned. Opponent is trading an escape point for a RT point. I suppose you worry a little bit about stalling points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT