ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Lehigh Match Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I hope to be able to do PBP, but I can't promise that I'll be able to do so. I'm juggling a few things today, and don't control all aspects of my schedule.

A free audio stream of Ironhead's PBP is available at:

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=565448

Pre-match coverage should start at 1:40 pm EST

A free video stream of the Patriot League Network's coverage is availabe at:

https://watchstadium.com/live/penn-state-at-lehigh/

My plan was to be in attendance for today's dual, but alas, the uncertainty with my schedule prevented that.

Have fun discussing the matches. If I'm able to do PBP I'll indicate as much around the start of the dual.

Reactions: razorsedgeCE
Pretty excited will do PBP assuming my technology is functioning I'm
Watching from A Costa Rican Surf camp. Just told all the bros I'm out PSU is wrestling Lehigh they just looked at me funny and said uh huh.

Pretty excited will do PBP assuming my technology is functioning I'm
Watching from A Costa Rican Surf camp. Just told all the bros I'm out PSU is wrestling Lehigh they just looked at me funny and said uh huh.
Not to totally derail or invite others to, but that's pretty cool and I'm envious. I have a good PSU friend, graduated around '93, owns two places in Tamarindo where I visited and where there's a lot of good surfing (but probably too many tourists); that whole Pacific side seems better suited to surfing. Where are you near?

Not to totally derail or invite others to, but that's pretty cool and I'm envious. I have a good PSU friend, graduated around '93, owns two places in Tamarindo where I visited and where there's a lot of good surfing (but probably too many tourists); that whole Pacific side seems better suited to surfing. Where are you near?
I'm at Nosara on the west coast. It's pretty close to Nicaragua conditions are perfect and this time of year there are zero crowds : )

I'm at Nosara on the west coast. It's pretty close to Nicaragua conditions are perfect and this time of year there are zero crowds : )
Okay, yeah, I was a few hours north of there. Paradise. Enjoy! (As if you needed to be told that.)

Reactions: PSUisawesome
Okay, yeah, I was a few hours north of there. Paradise. Enjoy! (As if you needed to be told that.)
Thanks it's pretty perfect so is being at the match today. This feels like it's going to be one of the better duals all year.

Some Lehigh guys warming up on the mat...I haven't seen any PSU guys yet...

Things could get interesting with that lineup..

I'm following along on the stream while waiting for the bowl matchups to be announced. I can probably post score updates; not sure about PBP tho

Just throwing this out there after reading Wilson's tweet:

125 - Schnupp
133 - Giannangeli
141 - Cortez
149 - Lee
157 - Retherford
165 - Nolf
174 - Hall
184 - Nickal/Van Cura
197 - Cassar/Nickal
285 - Nevills

Is this going on possibly?

125 - Schnupp
133 - Giannangeli
141 - Cortez
149 - Lee
157 - Retherford
165 - Nolf
174 - Hall
184 - Nickal/Van Cura
197 - Cassar/Nickal
285 - Nevills
That would be crazy interesting. I doubt Cael would do anything quite that radical but I do think it gives us a better chance to win b/c it subs Lee for Cenzo essentially, instead of Pipher straight up for Cenzo. Zain and Nolf are more than capable of bumping up.

That would be crazy interesting. I doubt Cael would do anything quite that radical but I do think it gives us a better chance to win b/c it subs Lee for Cenzo essentially, instead of Pipher straight up for Cenzo. Zain and Nolf are more than capable of bumping up.
Works for me

Byers: Pipher in for Cenzo. But Byers mentions that Lee weighed in at 149, and says possible the scenario Dice lays out above.

According to Byers:

125 - Schnupp
133 - Dom Giannangeli - "Keener expected back" for the Indiana dual
141 - Cortez
149 - Retherford
157 - Nolf
165 - Pipher "Penn State could change things up in how they approach their lineup" - Nick Lee weighed in at 149. Weighed in at 145.4. Possible: Lee could go 149, Retherford 157, and Nolf at 165

Just throwing this out there after reading Wilson's tweet:

125 - Schnupp
133 - Giannangeli
141 - Cortez
149 - Lee
157 - Retherford
165 - Nolf
174 - Hall
184 - Nickal/Van Cura
197 - Cassar/Nickal
285 - Nevills

Is this going on possibly?

Byers saying it is a possibility.

What the hell? Any team get injured more than PSU? Michigan? ****ing awful.

I'm ****ing tired of hearing "oh it's just bumps and bruises." BULLSHIT. Any time a PSU wrestler is missing duals, it's almost always worse than bumps and bruises.

174: Hall vs. Kutler - "feature bout"
184: Nickal vs. Preisch "another feature bout" - Van Cura also weighed in
197: Cassar vs. Jakobson
285: Nevills vs. Wood

Per Byers:
125: Schnupp vs. Cruz
133: Giannangeli vs. Parker
141: Cortez vs. Karam
149: Zain vs. Schuyler
157: Nolf vs. Ian Brown
165: Pipher vs. Wolf or Walter
174: Hall vs. Kutler
184: Nickal vs. Preisch
197: Cassar vs. Jakobsen
285: Nevills vs. Wood

Keener expected back for Indiana meet, per Byers.

Nick Lee weighed in a at 149 lbs, so he could wrestle at 149, then Zain at 157, then Nolf at 165. Stay tuned.

Byers says that Joseph did not weigh in.

Van Cura did weight in at 184, but Nickal is expected to start.

What the hell? Any team get injured more than PSU? Michigan? ****ing awful.

I'm ****ing tired of hearing "oh it's just bumps and bruises." BULLSHIT. Any time a PSU wrestler is missing duals, it's almost always worse than bumps and bruises.

Exactly what I’ve been trying to tell everyone lol some people on here actually get mad and have arguments with me when I say that’s its coach speak and it’s worse than what Cael makes it seem.

Reactions: pish69
This is why I never trust injury reports. 'Minor' injury could mean anything from hangnail season ending surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT