ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Kent State Match Thread

I got that same message with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera, but it worked with IE. Don't ask me why.
I got it working by signing into Directv first. On the site now it is showing Big Ten network programming, past and future. The wrestling match isn't there though.

228 is a tad lighter than I thought he’d be, but there’s really not many dudes out there who are skilled and weigh over 260. Stoll, Jennings, and Billy Miller might be the only big heavies who are ranked

If Rutgers can learn by beating 2 D3 teams and a second year program, PSU can learn from today. :D

228 is a tad lighter than I thought he’d be, but there’s really not many dudes out there who are skilled and weigh over 260. Stoll, Jennings, and Billy Miller might be the only big heavies who are ranked
One has to think he can put on another 10 lbs of good weight between now and March. If he tips the scales at 240, he should be fine. If he wins the spot.
Not many could out quick him and only a few may be able to bully him.

One has to think he can put on another 10 lbs of good weight between now and March. If he tips the scales at 240, he should be fine. If he wins the spot.
That would surprise me. A lot.

I doubt it. He doesn't seem interested in adding bad weight. Adding 12 pounds would mean he'd have to double his gains from the last 6 months of the offseason. I imagine that gaining muscle is an even harder task while going through the grind of wrestling workouts. Less recovery, burning through calories, etc.

230 will be fine I think.

It is, he was heavier last week at a weigh-in. Suspect we'll see fluctuation, though he's doing all the right things to ensure he keeps his weight up, and that it's good weight. Remember, it wasn't long ago he was 197.

Just a few additional obsevations

Bravo-Young. first, holy rip he goes from 0 to 60 in a blink. Second, it was cool to watch a kid work a bar and half with the idea of physically cranking his opponent over for a pin instead of looking for a bar and tilt. I also loved watching him step through with his inside leg instead of continously pushing with the outside leg. Impressive.

Nick Lee looked much more muscular.

Joesph looked great at 165 for a 210 pound fat guy.

Hall is a freaking legitimate, cutting some weight big, muscular 174 pounder.

Bo will never look small against anybody at 197.

Cassar is a beast. Pyles is absolutely correct, Cassar is a finalist.

Fun day.
One additional observation I forgot to mention. Nolf's first takedown. After 5 years in the program it was nice to see Jason finally learned Spyjer's end of the match need a score to win duck under. :)

I wonder what Hemida weighs...that could be a fun one to watch as he’s a lighter and more athletic heavy. I think Cassar would have the advantage though as he’d outathlete him and that’s usually how Hemida gets his wins over the bigger guys.

I wonder what Hemida weighs...that could be a fun one to watch as he’s a lighter and more athletic heavy. I think Cassar would have the advantage though as he’d outathlete him and that’s usually how Hemida gets his wins over the bigger guys.

I think Cassar is going to be so much quicker than anyone he wrestles this season. Plus, he seems to have a good grasp of where he *doesn't* want to be - which is under any big guys. I don't have any concerns about him.

Tell me we are all not salivating for the Keystone open? I hope the seeding allows for Cassar and Nevills to be on opposite sides of the bracket (we can send both right?).

Seeing 3-4 matches each not to mention having them go at it in the finals while a bit fatigued will give us a mountain of info we don't have today. Given the clearing out at heavy this year, either one is a very strong top 4.

I will go out on a limb, I don't think there rest can stand up to his takedown potential and point generation. I would love to see him at 240-245, but I'll put some early money on Cassar coming away with the early season crown.

Reactions: diggerpup
Rooney has never qualified
Yes, you're right. I was posting from my phone and off the top of my head (thought I read in another post that he qualified), and went and checked last night when I was posting something else but didn't take the time to search out this thread and edit. Bounced out in the MAC the last couple of years at 141.

Still probably the toughest guy on KSU. Maybe McNally this season, but coming in probably Rooney.

Cassar definitely looked great but I would like to see how he does against better competition. I want to see that not so-much to see how he stacks up but more-so how will he wrestle against them? Last year there were times when he could have taken guys down at will and didn't open up his offense. Can he stay consistent in his offense this year?

Reactions: nitlion6
Tell me we are all not salivating for the Keystone open? I hope the seeding allows for Cassar and Nevills to be on opposite sides of the bracket (we can send both right?).

Seeing 3-4 matches each not to mention having them go at it in the finals while a bit fatigued will give us a mountain of info we don't have today. Given the clearing out at heavy this year, either one is a very strong top 4.

I will go out on a limb, I don't think there rest can stand up to his takedown potential and point generation. I would love to see him at 240-245, but I'll put some early money on Cassar coming away with the early season crown.
I wonder if Nevills is ready this weekend

Cassar definitely looked great but I would like to see how he does against better competition. I want to see that not so-much to see how he stacks up but more-so how will he wrestle against them? Last year there were times when he could have taken guys down at will and didn't open up his offense. Can he stay consistent in his offense this year?
I agree. He is a lot like Derek White and our Kasper friend. Will be interesting to see how he works with the Stoll push/drive type of heavy.

Penn State vs. Iowa
(vs. Kent State)

Yes, the Iowa obsession continues. Yes, WildTurk will be here shortly to reiterate that point.

I can’t stop. I won’t stop.

What we have here is a simple breakdown of the points scored in the amount of time spent on the mat.

So... how does 45-0 look compared to 52-3? Click image to expand.
5pzxnT2.png

Penn State vs. Iowa
(vs. Kent State)

Yes, the Iowa obsession continues. Yes, WildTurk will be here shortly to reiterate that point.

What we have here is a simple breakdown of the points scored in the amount of time spent on the mat.

5pzxnT2.png
#2020orbust

Penn State vs. Iowa
(vs. Kent State)

5pzxnT2.png
Beautiful analytics, LP! Hard to pick just one fave post by you, but that's right up there.

Penn State vs. Iowa
(vs. Kent State)

5pzxnT2.png
Interesting, but why do I get the feeling that you’re a big fan of the transitive property?

I didn't see anyone comment on it as I look back through the thread and don't remember it being mentioned during the match. Did JB or anyone say what was up with the large brace on NLee's knee?

Penn State vs. Iowa
(vs. Kent State)

5pzxnT2.png
Iowa beat em up on Friday. Wisconsin took some swings at em, and your boys picked on a squad of wrestlers that collectively wrestled at about 83% on a sore Sunday. Also Stoll, Kemerer and Warner all would have got 83 second pins aswell, no doubt about it.

Iowa beat em up on Friday. Wisconsin took some swings at em, and your boys picked on a squad of wrestlers that collectively wrestled at about 83% on a sore Sunday. Also Stoll, Kemerer and Warner all would have got 83 second pins aswell, no doubt about it.

Just ran the numbers with 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 pins for Stoll, Kemerer, and Warner (at 83 seconds). PD of 16.57.... about 83% of the total of PSU.

Thank you. About time our B1G brethren started acting brotherly.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT