ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Kent State Match Thread

Cassar v Bolia
Cassar looks enormous, and without an ounce of fat on him, something not many heavies can say
- Cassar defends a shot, turns it into his own double, and is up 2-0
- Lets Bolia up with riding time over a minute, and gets another takedown
- Bolia up and back down, 6-2.
- 7-2 after a stall point, into second
Second
- Cassar starts down, spins out, 8-2
- 10-2 after he turns another failed Bolia shot into his own double
- 2NF, 12-2
- 15-2 after another 2NF, riding time locked
Third
- Neutral
- Cassar gets the double and there's the double and there's the tech fall.

52-3 final score

Someone asked who the student announcers were for the btn+ feed, I had JB, with occasional nothing, just open mic near the mat, but mostly JB.

NoVa Lion shaking in his boots. AC's style is absolutely perfect for 285. Nick is gonna try to win that wrestle-off on a rideout. He won't shoot.

giphy.gif

Cassar v Bolia
Cassar looks enormous, and without an ounce of fat on him, something not many heavies can say
- Cassar defends a shot, turns it into his own double, and is up 2-0
- Lets Bolia up with riding time over a minute, and gets another takedown
- Bolia up and back down, 6-2.
- 7-2 after a stall point, into second
Second
- Cassar starts down, spins out, 8-2
- 10-2 after he turns another failed Bolia shot into his own double
- 2NF, 12-2
- 15-2 after another 2NF, riding time locked
Third
- Neutral
- Cassar gets the double and there's the double and there's the tech fall.

52-3 final score
thanks for pbp

Someone asked who the student announcers were for the btn+ feed, I had JB, with occasional nothing, just open mic near the mat, but mostly JB.

Thanks it was me who asked. Was just trying to figure in my mind if there was a chance it would be broadcast on BTN this week under one of the Student U broadcasts. Guessing not with so many hoops games broadcast, but I'll keep an eye out.

Who deserves the OW?

Shaq probably had the toughest opponent at 184. Great debuts by RBY and Verkleeren. Nolf deserves extra points for style and aesthetic domination. Cassar was dominant; will be interesting to see him against much bigger and better guys. Nickal has put some meat on his bones and still has the flexibility and athleticism. Loved the move he borrowed from Nolf (Win Dixie).

Just heard they gave the award to Verkleeren.

Who deserves the OW?

Shaq probably had the toughest opponent at 184. Great debuts by RBY and Verkleeren. Nolf deserves extra points for style and aesthetic domination. Cassar was dominant; will be interesting to see him against much bigger and better guys. Nickal has put some meat on his bones and still has the flexibility and athleticism. Loved the move he borrowed from Nolf (Win Dixie).

Just heard they gave the award to Verkleeren.
I would think RBY had the toughest guy. Something like 30-13 up a weight class last year. 1 or 2x qualifier.

Not even considering the Desanto result yesterday, because there are always other factors in play, stand alone RBYs performance was the winner. Total dismantling of a strong veteran qualifier by a true freshman. His work on top was ridiculous. Looked like the string bean man next to his opponent and just horsed him.

As a fan of a program like ours its possible to become numb to how good our team really is. However when you watch other programs around the country, outside of a handful of exceptional guys, Its like you are watching a different sport. Get Teske or Teasdale in at 125 and leave Verk and Raptor where they are and you may be watching the most lethal lineup in wrestling history. I realize Kent State isn't Ohio State, but they put up no resistance.

Probably b/c the live event ended. What happens when you click "play"?
The timer runs but it’s just a static you’re watching BTN etc screen. So that train has sailed. Now I just need to find the video archived somewhere

The timer runs but it’s just a static you’re watching BTN etc screen. So that train has sailed. Now I just need to find the video archived somewhere

Try fast forwarding a bit. I went all the way back and then needed to FF to the beginning around 2:00 on the timer. Use the slider if you can.

Comparison to Iowa w/o Kemmerer (174), Warner (197) and Stoll (285).

Austin DeSanto (Iowa) over Tim Rooney (Kent State) (Dec 8-7)
Max Murin (Iowa) over Cory Simpson (Kent State) (Fall 4:30)
Pat Lugo (Iowa) over Kody Komara (Kent State) (Fall 2:18)
Kaleb Young (Iowa) over richard Jackson (Kent State) (Fall 4:06)
Alex Marinelli (Iowa) over Isaac Bast (Kent State) (Fall 2:17)
Myles Wilson (Iowa) over Dylan Barreiro (Kent State) (Dec 12-9)
Cash Wilcke (Iowa) over Andrew McNally (Kent State) (MD 18-7)
Connor Corbin (Iowa) over Shane Mast (Kent State) (Dec 8-3)
Aaron Costello (Iowa) over William Bolia (Kent State) (Dec 4-1)

Team Score: 45-0

I would think RBY had the toughest guy. Something like 30-13 up a weight class last year. 1 or 2x qualifier.

Not even considering the Desanto result yesterday, because there are always other factors in play, stand alone RBYs performance was the winner. Total dismantling of a strong veteran qualifier by a true freshman. His work on top was ridiculous. Looked like the string bean man next to his opponent and just horsed him.

You might be right about 133.

Reactions: NittanyChris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT