ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PSU Hoops' Jalen Pickett to return for fifth season in 2022-23

mralph59

Staff Writer
Staff
Nov 1, 2021
State College, Pennsylvania
After a phenomenal Big Ten Tournament run and a very solid first year at Penn State, senior transfer point guard Jalen Pickett confirmed after Friday night's loss that he will return to Penn State next season and use his extra year of eligibility. Pickett was the team's leading scorer at 13.3 points per game. He also averaged 4.3 rebounds per game, 4.4 assists and 1.1 steals. The Siena transfer was a major pickup for Micah Shrewsberry in Year 1, and he'll be the go-to guy again next year.

After a phenomenal Big Ten Tournament run and a very solid first year at Penn State, senior transfer point guard Jalen Pickett confirmed after Friday night's loss that he will return to Penn State next season and use his extra year of eligibility. Pickett was the team's leading scorer at 13.3 points per game. He also averaged 4.3 rebounds per game, 4.4 assists and 1.1 steals. The Siena transfer was a major pickup for Micah Shrewsberry in Year 1, and he'll be the go-to guy again next year.

Picket is a DUDE and I’m proud of him and the team. They showed incredible grit this year and I’m extremely glad he‘s coming back.

Is John Harrar eligible for his eighth season or will he use up his eligibility playing TE for PSU this fall??

Reactions: mhep32
Picket played amazingly well in the BT tournament. Him coming back certainly is a huge plus. He is an absolute master at beating the clock with some unbelievable shots and working into the lane with someone on his back.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Sessoms and Lundy coming back would really help with five new recruits transitioning in. The loss of Harrar can't be replaced. His leadership and rebounding ability will be sorely missed. It may be a long season unless those two come back and at least give the new kids time. Gotta find a new big.
I really like what coach did this year and hope PSU can keep him for a while

Jalen's decision of coming back is huge! His experience and leadership next year can be a difference maker. He is a big guard, that has the uncanny ability to back down into the paint and score.
Having him and Seth, (the two leading scorers from this year team) return is a big plus.
Agree, we need a big man. The 6'9" incoming freshman at not even 210 pounds will take time. Micah, needs to mine the portal and bring in a good team fit individual with that mature size.
It was obvious that Micah has brought in a level of basketball knowledge that his players respect and are in awe of. Doubled up with his people skills, has PSU's BB future looking way up.

Yep, next month will be huge for the program. Once the tournament is over and the portal fills up it'll be key for him too make roster adjustments. Far from a done deal yet but I would assume with a little bit more athletic team they may play more up-tempo next year.

ADVERTISEMENT